The Student Room Group

Do you like reading books?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Yes I love reading books.
Original post by StarvingAutist
I ****ing love reading. Ideas, ideas, more ideas. There is nothing better than a clever book.

Agreed :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rose Ashtree
I still have lots of them on my shelf too! :smile: I cannot bear to part with them! I hope to save them for my kids to enjoy in the future. :smile: I still read them occasionally too! ;D

Yay!! Glad to see someone else who is just like me! :biggrin: I totally agree with you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm trying
You should read:
Dystopians and fantasy:
.Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling
.The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
.The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare (fave)
.The legend trilogy by Marie Lu
.The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan
.Throne of glass series by Sarah J.Maas
.The Lunar Chronicles by Marrisa Meyer(must read)
Contemporary:
.Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
.Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
.Looking for Alaska by John Green
.Anna and the French kiss by Stephanie Perkins
.Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
Original post by Wordsaredeadly
You should read:
Dystopians and fantasy:
.Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling
.The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
.The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare (fave)
.The legend trilogy by Marie Lu
.The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan
.Throne of glass series by Sarah J.Maas
.The Lunar Chronicles by Marrisa Meyer(must read)
Contemporary:
.Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
.Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
.Looking for Alaska by John Green
.Anna and the French kiss by Stephanie Perkins
.Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Wow thank you so much for these recommendations! I've heard of a couple of the books that you have mentioned here that I would like to read, thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love reading. I have been reading since I was very young (I actually found my old 'Reading reports' from Reception and Y1 when I was sorting through some old boxes a couple of months ago, it was quite fun to read!), and I find it so relaxing. It's total escapism, you can just go into your own world, it passes the time, and it's the most lovely way of winding down.

I stopped reading fiction for pretty much the whole time I was doing my undergrad degree - partly because I was reading so much academically, I just wanted to get out and do something that didn't involve reading during my spare time I guess, but since then (and throughout my MSc) I have kept up just reading for fun, and I don't know what I'd do without it! I'm really in the mood for going back to the Sherlock Holmes stories again at some point, but I have a whole pile of books on my 'To Read' pile first. :biggrin:
I've read 7 books in the past 2 weeks, so I'm out of stuff to read! :lol:
Original post by Liv1204
I love reading. I have been reading since I was very young (I actually found my old 'Reading reports' from Reception and Y1 when I was sorting through some old boxes a couple of months ago, it was quite fun to read!), and I find it so relaxing. It's total escapism, you can just go into your own world, it passes the time, and it's the most lovely way of winding down.

I stopped reading fiction for pretty much the whole time I was doing my undergrad degree - partly because I was reading so much academically, I just wanted to get out and do something that didn't involve reading during my spare time I guess, but since then (and throughout my MSc) I have kept up just reading for fun, and I don't know what I'd do without it! I'm really in the mood for going back to the Sherlock Holmes stories again at some point, but I have a whole pile of books on my 'To Read' pile first. :biggrin:

I agree with what you have said. Reading has always been a passion of mine ever since I could read! I would spend hours at the book stores and would go to the library and come home with like 10 books and finish them all within a week or two :P haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bumblebee342

How about reading "Noughts and Crosses" by Malorie Blackman? I have read it 3-4 times and I loved it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shaistaaa
How about reading "Noughts and Crosses" by Malorie Blackman? I have read it 3-4 times and I loved it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually haven't read it! I've heard so much about it and meant to. I'll have to get my hands on it :smile:

That is a lot. Did you read also reams, say novels with 300 pages at least?
Original post by Kallisto
That is a lot. Did you read also reams, say novels with 300 pages at least?

They were all about the same length (300ish pages). I was on holiday though, so I lay and read all day everyday :tongue: I don't get to read much usually so I had a list that I wanted to get finished
no i dont like reading. reading books is just long, any good book has/will have been made into a movie anyway
They were all about the same length (300ish pages). I was on holiday though, so I lay and read all day everyday :tongue: I don't get to read much usually so I had a list that I wanted to get finished

Wow, you are really a bookworm in my view. If I am good in reading novels with this length, I would finish three books at its best in two weeks. Maybe four.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending