The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

University of the Arts - London 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Farout
Does anyone know about mini portfolios to chelsea ba fine art and wimbledon ba fine art print &time based media? Do applicants have to wait for an instructed email or just send them off? ( I think chelsea is 10 images and 250 word statement? - Not sure about wimbledon :s) PLEASE HELP!

I assume its the same as for Central St Martins so your supposed to send it at the same time as your UCAS, once they have both they send you an acknowledgement. I got an acknowledgement like 3-4 weeks after sending in my mini portfolio. They didnt send me anything before that. They took their time.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by angelafusco
Has anyone heard from UAL yet? Ive applied to CSM for BA Fashion Design and haven't heard anything yet...

Only an acknowledgement letter, nothing further yet. But it seems their known for being really really slow so I wouldn't worry.
When did you receive your acknowledgement letter if you don't mind me asking? Yeh I know they can be quite slow, I think I'll probably ring them just to be safe, thanks though
Reply 43
I've applied for BA photography at Camberwell AND the BA fashion photography + FDA Fashion photography courses, received acknowledgement for all but BA fashion photog. Anyone else terrified about what to wear to an LCF interview if they come around?
I've applied to do Advertising at LCC. Not even received an acknowledgement yet! Still waiting. :-/
Original post by Carlyxxx

Original post by Carlyxxx
I have applied too have you heard anything back from them?

yeh ive applied for that also i worried about the test im going to have to do at the interview
Reply 46
I got an email from Chelsea saying that my application had been received and that the portfolio process will begin soon. Crossing my fingers, toes and other miscellaneous items.
I've applied for Media communications and Public Relations @ LCC. I've got an offer for the media communications course but I'm still awaiting on my PR application and I haven't had an acknowledgement letter :s-smilie:
Reply 48
Original post by angelafusco
When did you receive your acknowledgement letter if you don't mind me asking? Yeh I know they can be quite slow, I think I'll probably ring them just to be safe, thanks though

Through Email sometime last month.
Reply 49
Iv applied for BA Sculpture /Wimbledon, I didnt get any reply.
Are they going to ask for online portfolio soon?
Reply 50
I've applied for Fashion PR at LCF, haven't heard anything but I only sent my application on the 12th!

Good Luck Everyone :smile:
Original post by MKHouldsworth
I've applied for Media communications and Public Relations @ LCC. I've got an offer for the media communications course but I'm still awaiting on my PR application and I haven't had an acknowledgement letter :s-smilie:

Atleast you've got an offer from them! They're known for being quite slow though. :rolleyes:
Has anyone applied for BA Hons Fashion Public Relations and had any news? :smile:
Reply 53
Fashion journalism anyone?? Driving my crazy not hearing anything : (
I've only got an acknowledgement letter from both courses (BA creative direction and Fd in fashion marketing and promotion ) at LCF they said interviews start mid jan-mid march for the foundation course and last week of feb to the first week in march for the BA course, so im guessing i will hear from them soon (hopefully) I hate waiting. anyone else doing these courses ? One of my friends has got and invite for the Fashion journalism course.
Sorry the dates were wrong For the Fd course it was mid jan to mid feb , and for the BA its mid-jan to mid march
Reply 56
I've applied to Ba Honours Fashion Design at CSM

I haven't had an acknowledgement so far :frown:

But I have one question, if I sent my application was sent to CSM without the mini portfolio....will I not receive an acknowledgement or any type of reply? Because I under the impression that you had to wait for an email or some sort of instruction before sending off your mini portfolio...I'm confused! Help! :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
The email you should have received is this one, which I received on the 22 of December. I Applied on the 11th October. Hope this helps.

Dear Applicant,

We have now received your application to the above course here at CCM.

You will be aware that you should submit a mini portfolio when you apply to the course.

This e-mail is to make you aware that you must submit your mini portfolio no later than Friday 20th January 2012.

Home/EU and International applicants applying through UCAS

At the same time that you apply through UCAS you must send in a mini portfolio of your work and an additional 250 word statement about the mini-portfolio, directly to the College.

Note:
Do not deviate from A4 size, mount your prints or present them in any form of binder or portfolio.
Do ensure that your name and UCAS number are clearly displayed on the personal statement.
Reply 58
Umm omg :frown: O.O

Is it ok to call them up and ask about it? I had no idea that my mini portfolio needed to be sent in at the same time as my UCAS. And Thank you for the info!
Reply 59
Original post by niasonko
Umm omg :frown: O.O

Is it ok to call them up and ask about it? I had no idea that my mini portfolio needed to be sent in at the same time as my UCAS. And Thank you for the info!

Yeah, they'll understand, I'm sure other people have done it before. Just tell them that you'll send one straight away.

Quick Reply