The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Besakt
:console:

awwww! :hugs: someone nice on the internet :eek: suprising! lol joking! :colondollar:
Original post by confused dot com
Oh, they do it wrt your predicted grade i.e. if you got a B and your target was a C it would be green. Still an awful way of doing it, awkward for everyone regardless of how well/badly you did!

i agree...we've had this in a few of our classes for mocks etc...its unfair really :frown:
Reply 702
Oh, they do it wrt your predicted grade i.e. if you got a B and your target was a C it would be green. Still an awful way of doing it, awkward for everyone regardless of how well/badly you did!

Somebody could just come in and mess it all up.
Original post by Alex Bampton
Ah that is a shame, how did you find your exams?
Well done, I know what you mean my physics is a bit of a joke!

Out of interest does anyone know if exam boards like OCR are going to reveal their grade boundaries the day before results day again. (I have a feeling this won't be a good thing!)

I wasn't aware that the exam boards have ever done this. What do you think are the chances of them doing that this year?
Original post by Besakt
Somebody could just come in and mess it all up.

Locked computer, and a frozen Smart board means they can't do anything.
Reply 705
Original post by tehforum
Locked computer, and a frozen Smart board means they can't do anything.

Depends how good you are with computers.
Reply 706
My stomach sinks every time I think of 8th march :frown:
I'm hungry:elefant:
Reply 708
x

Aah I know like I made mistakes on the stupid "two reason" questions as I didnt have a second reason, and some others...

And then the activation energy stuff and the graph :O I hate drawing graphs and this was SO time consuming haha
Original post by adamcusirinzon
I wasn't aware that the exam boards have ever done this. What do you think are the chances of them doing that this year?

Yes here is the thread from last year, both OCR and Edexcel published their raw mark grade boundaries the day before:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1567372

I would imagine that they would do it again but I don't think that has been confirmed. Very mixed feelings about the idea to be honest!
Original post by Alex Bampton
60 UMS is 20% of AS which is 2 grades so every mark counts. 89% is very credible, you can concentrate on the A2 exams for the A* knowing that it would take some doing for you to drop to a B average wise.That sounds quite horrific ha-ha, I shall stay away from that one when it comes to it!Other past spec sites are quite a good call actually.I will be thanks for that, I think it is quite important to relate it to the "sensors function" in mine but I will certainly be looking for lots of improvements :biggrin: (With some BS for good measure ;-) )

Ah true - I try to play it down because I'm not enjoying this coursework :tongue: Hopefully - I need A*AA for my uni offer, with AAB as an absolute minimum, so I need to make sure I don't cock anything up :tongue:

There's a list of suggestions, but I found that story interesting and decided that I should do it - my teacher okayed it so I thought it would be ok. Not really much out there other than speculation though, which I can't cite.

I don't really know too much about your topic, potential dividers are not my thing and I've pretty much forgotten all of G491/2's stuff :tongue:

Improvements, uncertainties and BS - that's all you need :wink:
not looking forward to that day at all ! :/
Original post by ikz94
omg same boat as you for psychology i soent a month or so cos i only had 2 psychology exam would mind a B but A would be so nice to equal with the amount of time i spent for it :smile: awwwh so anxious wna know! hope we bothj get our grades! :biggrin:

haha yes good luck!

we have a parents evening the night of when we get our results... so if we are too scared of telling the 'rents our results, the teachers will! :O
Original post by megfashion
haha yes good luck!

we have a parents evening the night of when we get our results... so if we are too scared of telling the 'rents our results, the teachers will! :O

Lol my school decided to do the same thing :angry:
But we might get our results whilst we're with our parents, which scares the hell outta me :frown:
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Lol my school decided to do the same thing :angry:
But we might get our results whilst we're with our parents, which scares the hell outta me :frown:

oh man, thatd be worse! no thinking time then about how "everyone else got the same grade" etc... stuff! :frown:

do you think you got your A?
oh man, thatd be worse! no thinking time then about how "everyone else got the same grade" etc... stuff! :frown:

do you think you got your A?

Hmmm yh and no time to think of a good excuse either :frown:

Hmmm im not sure for most subjects, but for decision 1 (maths) im pretty certain on it.

What subjects are you doing? whatd u think you got?

Spoiler

Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Hmmm yh and no time to think of a good excuse either :frown:

Hmmm im not sure for most subjects, but for decision 1 (maths) im pretty certain on it.

What subjects are you doing? whatd u think you got?

Spoiler

oo. well good luck when it comes haha. and yes happy saturday to you too... last weekend till school though :frown:

n media, english (lit n lang), music and psychology... only had psychology and english this jan. i know ive got about an E or a D in the english exam... heh... but that was because i jst drifted through the course due to family issues... so decided to f that and jst go on with psycho :P

did you find the psycho exam ok though? ive lost a few silly marks bt oh well
Reply 717
Original post by joshgoldman
My stomach sinks every time I think of 8th march :frown:

:hugs:
oo. well good luck when it comes haha. and yes happy saturday to you too... last weekend till school though :frown:

n media, english (lit n lang), music and psychology... only had psychology and english this jan. i know ive got about an E or a D in the english exam... heh... but that was because i jst drifted through the course due to family issues... so decided to f that and jst go on with psycho :P

did you find the psycho exam ok though? ive lost a few silly marks bt oh well

thanks and good luck to you too :biggrin:
yh this weeks gone so fast as well, nd i aint got any work done :frown:

just make sure that you work hard in youre english retake in june nd merk it :biggrin: and of course in all your other exams :smile:

i dont do psycho (im never gonna learn how to spell it right :/); youre doing completely different subjects from me lol. im doing maths, further maths, physics and eco

few silly mistakes is good enough for an a in any exam :smile:
Reply 719
Original post by lilGem
:hugs:

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest