The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zhy
Average: 75
Highest: 75
Lowest: 75

You have already taken the S1 exam, right?
Reply 121
Original post by raheem94
I have already done C2 in june 2011, i didn't did very well, i was aiming for 100 but got 94, still fine.

I am not doing papers for S1, i have done all the questions from the book, will hopefully be getting full when i start doing them :smile:.

What are you getting?

You must be gifted at maths if you can complete just the book and do 1-2 past papers and get the UMS marks you got for your a level maths
Original post by QwertyG
You must be gifted at maths if you can complete just the book and do 1-2 past papers and get the UMS marks you got for your a level maths

I am not gifted at maths, i solve the whole book and try to make sure i understand everything. Maths is about understanding rather than past papers.
Reply 123
probability is the hardest i think, especially tree diagrams
Reply 124
I'm alright with S1, it's just topics like normal distribution I find hard to grasp. Oh, and also interpolation which I always forget how to use.
Original post by Ajibola
I'm alright with S1, it's just topics like normal distribution I find hard to grasp. Oh, and also interpolation which I always forget how to use.

I consider normal distribution to be one of the easiest chapter, once you understand it, it becomes very easy. Watch some www.examsolutions.co.uk videos to get the understanding.

I only find some trouble in the probability chapter.
Reply 126
Does anyone have any T1 papers? I've run out of exam papers/revision material. I only have June 1996.
Reply 127
That weird, I find the probability section quite simple(though probability trees can be a bitch sometimes). Thank for the site. :smile:
Reply 128
I consider normal distribution to be one of the easiest chapter, once you understand it, it becomes very easy. Watch some www.examsolutions.co.uk videos to get the understanding.

I only find some trouble in the probability chapter.

Solving the normal distribution questions in the S1 book are pretty much straight forward but the exam questions are more of a headache - the part B or C of the normal distribution question
Reply 129
Original post by sukhys
probability is the hardest i think, especially tree diagrams

I agree, those pesky tree diagrams **** me off.
Reply 130
Btw, where do you get these soloman papers from?...
And are they any different to the normal papers from the site?
Original post by QwertyG
Solving the normal distribution questions in the S1 book are pretty much straight forward but the exam questions are more of a headache - the part B or C of the normal distribution question

I really don't think S1 is a difficult module, it is AS so i don't think they will give something very hard.
Reply 132
I really don't think S1 is a difficult module, it is AS so i don't think they will give something very hard.

im doing s1 and im in year 13 (A2)
Reply 133
Original post by J10
I agree, those pesky tree diagrams **** me off.

yh there long. i like venn diagrams i would love it if they came up, it came up in Jan 12 :/ tho
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had the mark scheme for the official edexcel mock paper?
Thx :smile:
Original post by laurawoods
what kind of marks are everyone getting in s1 and c2
average
highest
lowest

C2
Average 100%
Highest 100%
Lowest 100%

S1
Average 93%
Highest 95%
Lowest 85%
Original post by sukhys
im doing s1 and im in year 13 (A2)

I am also in year 13, taking S1 this May.
Reply 137
Had a Mock today, Was the 2012 paper :smile:
I think it went okay
think what i hate most about s1 is the fact that i understand it, but just can't seem to apply it/stop making silly mistakes :angry:
UGH.
Reply 139
Original post by emanuela15
think what i hate most about s1 is the fact that i understand it, but just can't seem to apply it/stop making silly mistakes :angry:
UGH.

Thats the same with me, i know all the work but in the exams i cant apply it :/

Latest

Trending

Trending