The Student Room Group

ucl pharmacology or nottingham pharmacy??

HI,
few weeks ago, I got offer letters from UCL pharamcology and Nottingham pharmacy course and I have to make my decision until early may.
Therefore, I want to know which one is better choice for future career...
and which university you guys want to recommand to me...:smile:

Also, I want to get any helpful advice from the student who is taking pharmacology course in UCL and Notting pharmacy as well :smile: thx
Reply 1
Being a student at neither of the universities mentioned; I'd recommend MPharm at Nottingham as that will lead to registration as a pharmacist, if that is your intention. Doing Pharmacology at UCL however, will only gear you up for as much as any other science degree would. Whether UCL would allow you to transfer to MPharm after the first year is something you may want to consider contacting them about.
Reply 2
Pharmacology will lead to a career in scientific research or in a pharmaceutical company. However pharmacy will lead to a vocational career of dispensing drugs, either at a community pharmacist or at a hospital. Pharmacology has a higher employment rate at this time, but by the time you've finished the course, that might have changed anyway. To be honest it's whether you want to work in a laboratory or in a pharmacy. hope this helps :smile:
Original post by LizTT
Pharmacology will lead to a career in scientific research or in a pharmaceutical company. However pharmacy will lead to a vocational career of dispensing drugs, either at a community pharmacist or at a hospital. Pharmacology has a higher employment rate at this time, but by the time you've finished the course, that might have changed anyway. To be honest it's whether you want to work in a laboratory or in a pharmacy. hope this helps :smile:

Pharmacology has higher employability? Where did you get those false figures from? You realise that in industry there's jobs that require you to hold/ prefer you to hold the Mpharm such as pharmacovigalence.

Easy way to some it up; Mpharm you have all the career opportunities open to someone who studied pharmacology. The opposite is not true.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending