The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Which are the best halls at Salford? The accommodation questions megathread

Scroll to see replies

Hi All, I am looking into accommodation ahead of September 2016 when I'll be studying at Salford in the New Adelphi Building. I'm looking between Peel Park Quarter and IQ which both kind of look similar- can anyone give me any advice on which they like?
Otherwise can you point me to any other accommodation that is good? I obviously want to social with other students but im not a big party person so looking for somewhere that does have its quiet moments at night.

Also, if you were to stay in uni late/ work and then walk back are the roads/ paths well lit for both peel park and IQ?
Can you apply for accommodation any time? (I have an unconditional offer as Im a mature student so thinking that booking early is probably wise)?
Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I make the right choice. Appreciate any help! Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by SSingh16
Hi All, I am looking into accommodation ahead of September 2016 when I'll be studying at Salford in the New Adelphi Building. I'm looking between Peel Park Quarter and IQ which both kind of look similar- can anyone give me any advice on which they like?
Otherwise can you point me to any other accommodation that is good? I obviously want to social with other students but im not a big party person so looking for somewhere that does have its quiet moments at night.

Also, if you were to stay in uni late/ work and then walk back are the roads/ paths well lit for both peel park and IQ?
Can you apply for accommodation any time? (I have an unconditional offer as Im a mature student so thinking that booking early is probably wise)?
Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure I make the right choice. Appreciate any help! Thanks!

Hello Ssing16,

We heard you have a few questions about iQ Salford, so here we are! :h:

As you probably guessing, we like iQ better! :u: And that's because we have a fantastic accommodation, offering great facilities and a friendly, secure community atmosphere. There's an on-site gym, a fantastic courtyard with BBQ area and a social hub to socialize and relax. The halls are also located next door to a number of convenience stores and a cash point. Salford City Centre is very close and Manchester city centre is just a 10' bus ride away.

The walk to Salford Uni can be from 8' to 15' depending the side of the campus you're after - that's if you go for the scenic shortcut. In the evenings you can go for the main road, which is well-lit, with loads of students walking up and down and constant traffic. This would only add up to 5' to your journey and you'd feel comfortable to stay later to do coursework.

We're a fun social bunch, but we don't really tend to go wild. We organise social events and love a good BBQ in the summer, but we support and care for serenity and quiet when most needed. For those who value quiet the most, we offer a quiet block where you can book and share with like-minded students.

The best thing about iQ Salford however is the accommodation management team! :h: These lovely people are always there to help, answer questions and offer solutions. If you need any more information about the accommodation, location or commute, please don't hesitate to drop them a line at [email protected]. They're always happy to help and love what they're doing. :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 702
MediaCity will be my campus to for my course, so I've chosen Eddie Coleman courts for accommodation
Hi,

I'm possibly starting a PhD in October. I live in Kent and have a family with two kids at school and a wife doing her own university degree down here. Plan is to travel to Salford as and when I need to and stay there. I can obviously book hotel rooms but I wondered if the university or anyone else in the area does day/week lets specifically for students such as me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending