The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
look at the replies - someone tweeted them and they did reply ' You should hear in the next couple of weeks :smile: '

but i dont think the people on that account really know because they knew nothing about the email we got about the week beginning the 5th

I stand corrected, weird how there is conflicting information though.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by acontium
I stand corrected, weird how there is conflicting information though.

they tweeted again saying we will hear by the end of the week! which is better !
Original post by AdamThePhysicsMo
they tweeted again saying we will hear by the end of the week! which is better !

Thank god for that! I thought it was going to be picking out of a hat at the gate xD
so we find out at the end of the week for accomodation?
Original post by tazza ma razza
so we find out at the end of the week for accomodation?

Thats what thru claim... I don't have much hope xD
Arthur vick responded according to fb pages
Original post by tazza ma razza
Arthur vick responded according to fb pages

Which fb pages?
I got Arthur vick! My second choice (1st was lakeside, but its chill) :smile: Anyone else?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by roselestrange
I got Arthur vick! My second choice (1st was lakeside, but its chill) :smile: Anyone else?

When did you hear? I can't remember if I put Arthur Vick or Jack Martin as first choice haha!
Original post by acontium
When did you hear? I can't remember if I put Arthur Vick or Jack Martin as first choice haha!

I got the email at 3PM today!
So I got into Jack Martin, which I put as my first choice because I'm dumb and didn't think about the expense, and I've worked out the money I'll have to spend:

Term 1: ~£10 per week
Term 2: ~£75 per week
Term 3: ~£82 per week

I thought it would be a bit more evenly distributed! But no, they ask for much more of your accommodation fee during your first term which means I have very little at the start of the year and too much at the end. I'll probably borrow from my parents during the first term and pay them back in the second and third terms :s-smilie:

Or I could try to swap with someone when I'm there
I've got into Jack Martin.

Emailed received at 16:29 today.

First choice - happy :smile:
Jack Martin tooo

When do you find out if its single or mixed sex?
i have heard **** all ... jack martin was my first as well...
I just got Redfern. Would anyone have a review about it? (literally put it randomly and apart from what the website says idk what it's like)
Hey guys, My name is Kevin, I'm a postgraduate student and I will arrive at the University of Warwick on the 24/09/16.

I have just got an email from the accommodation resource that allocated me a room in Disbery Hall in Leamington Spa.

Does anyone know how is this accommodation?

I'm an international student and do not know how are the outskirts of Leamington Spa... Is it a good city for student life? Is it easy to take part on the on-campus life from this accommodation?Thank you in advance for the answers
Original post by Kevin5293
Hey guys, My name is Kevin, I'm a postgraduate student and I will arrive at the University of Warwick on the 24/09/16.

I have just got an email from the accommodation resource that allocated me a room in Disbery Hall in Leamington Spa.

Does anyone know how is this accommodation?

I'm an international student and do not know how are the outskirts of Leamington Spa... Is it a good city for student life? Is it easy to take part on the on-campus life from this accommodation?Thank you in advance for the answers

Leamington is where most 2nd and 3rd years live, it's literally the best place you can be at Warwick. It's where all the nightlife is, has very easy access to campus with a bus every 10 minutes and busses that run until 2 in the morning. And it's a really nice place as well.
Original post by ssgjtff
Jack Martin tooo

When do you find out if its single or mixed sex?

I'm pretty sure that every part of accommodation is mixed sex
Original post by Callum323
I'm pretty sure that every part of accommodation is mixed sex

Yeah I just checked the website, thanks
I got Claycroft!

It was my third choice, but I'm still pretty happy with it :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest