The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2012 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Godin_D
hey no way :biggrin:

remember on TSR the UKCAT scores will be skewed and i highly doubt the cut off will be more that 690 :wink:

personally i reckon that is a very safe score to apply with :smile:

Well they usually go up 15-20 points each time, so it was 675 last time, it may be 690-695, so it may be a bit risky!
Reply 61
Original post by RyuHADOUKEN
Can'ae believe how quickly this past year has gone... I remember posting in/joining this thread last year!

I know, haha!
Ill be applying here too...:biggrin:
^^^^ You have nothing to worry about with your scores. Apply to Newcastle if you want too.

If I get 690+ I will be applying here too.
YYYAAAY!! I'm tootally applying here..!! :woo:
The more I hear about newcastle the more I love it.. :love:
Reply 65
Original post by spoinkytheduck
YYYAAAY!! I'm tootally applying here..!! :woo:
The more I hear about newcastle the more I love it.. :love:

Couldn't agree with you more... I love Newcastle, but damn my UKCAT :frown: 685... Don't even know if it's worth applying here anymore :frown:
and the pressure is greater for me, because I'm an international applicant as well.. I don't know if we get lower cut-offs or whatnot. Help?
Original post by doctork2
Couldn't agree with you more... I love Newcastle, but damn my UKCAT :frown: 685... Don't even know if it's worth applying here anymore :frown:
and the pressure is greater for me, because I'm an international applicant as well.. I don't know if we get lower cut-offs or whatnot. Help?

Seeing as there are something like 10 times fewer places for internationals, competition should be much higher and thus the cut off should be higher, but then again I have no idea how Newcastle deal with international applicants.
Reply 67
Original post by Mon.MD
Ill be applying here too...:biggrin:

:biggrin:... is it your first choice? and hey hopefully we'll end up there together :tongue:
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
Well they usually go up 15-20 points each time, so it was 675 last time, it may be 690-695, so it may be a bit risky!

It was 667.5 last time, Newcastle told me this Friday. I wont be applying if I dont get 690 and above.
Original post by Godin_D
:biggrin:... is it your first choice? and hey hopefully we'll end up there together :tongue:

Its not No, but Id doubt you would want to hang around with me, I am old..:tongue:
Reply 70
Does anyone know what the cut-off was for 2009 and 2008?

That way we can get an idea of how much it goes up a year :smile:
Reply 71
applying here!

am going up to the open day just to have a look round though :tongue: it looks really pretty though!

my brother said a sweet thing to me the other day "i don't want you to go to newcastle - you'll be too far to visit us and you'll get a strange accent!"

d'awwwww
Reply 72
I would say 685-690 a reasonable cutoff as last year it was 667.5, if it increases by 20 points, it should be 687.5
Reply 73
Anyone know what the GEP cutoff was last year?
Reply 74
Original post by -rebecca
Does anyone know what the cut-off was for 2009 and 2008?

That way we can get an idea of how much it goes up a year :smile:

615 (2009) to 645 (2010) to 667.5 (2011)
From newmedia

I am going to call in tmrw to see what score is reasonable to apply with cuz last year they interview high ukcat first, then lowered cutoff so maybe this year they will start at 695 and come down to 685 or something
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by DHolliday
I achieved this morning;

Verbal- 670- I feel is very low:confused:
Quantitative- 900- hopefully makes up for it:blushing:
Abstract- 750
Decision- 730

Avg 762.5?

Thanks in advance, D

I would be willing to place large sums of money on you achieving an interview. That's a brill score. :p:
still waiting on UKCAT before I decide on final choices but probably am gonna apply :smile:
Reply 77
So what would you guys class as a risky UKCAT score to be applying to Newcastle with, below....?
Reply 78
Just wanted to ask the cut off score, found it :h:
Reply 79
Original post by Girl.
So what would you guys class as a risky UKCAT score to be applying to Newcastle with, below....?

ermm for me 680 there abouts is where i might get a little worried :wink:

How did you do? .... and are you applying :biggrin: ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending