The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sukied00
Cheers all for the words of support, I actually don't feel bad. Gonna get on with things now I was actually in with my boss when the reserve email came in today at 5.05pm I guess getting my bonus softened the blow somewhat. I am also lucky enough to have tickets for the Olympics plus spurs won so all in all not a bad day. I don't feel in limbo anymore if anything comes up now it will be a nice surprise.
Did nobody else get an email today? Can't believe it was just me??????

Welcome to RESERVE land sukied00 !!
Original post by RocKeRG
Ah, that! In my drum audition, they had four levels; no experience, a little, a lot, and expert! The biggest group was beginners. I was in the second.

I wouldn't worry about what you did in the audition though. They were only looking for potential. We'll be taught everything we need during the rehearsals.

//RocKeR

I clearly had so much potential, as a drummer, that they couldn't quite make up their mind where to place me in the show and now I find I am on the RESERVE list after all that effort to beat and keep time in the "a little experience" group.

I am a trained and experienced musician too - and still play regularly in a 27-piece brass band so know all about playing together and fully understand the concept of playing on/off the beat, syncopated rhythms, counting rests etc. We play far more complicated rhythms and music generally than what we had to cope with at the drumming audition too - most of us doing something completely different to our immediately neighbour on a regular basis.

Ooooohhh the irony !!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1942
Original post by cornishscot

Original post by cornishscot
Welcome to RESERVE land sukied00 !!

well it seems you were the only one on here! I am sure there were more out there somewhere!

Well another day for the rest of us on HOLD!!!! Now the acceptance date has been stretched to the 6th we could still be waiting until next week! eeeeeek
I applied for Gamesmaker, Ceremonies Volunteer and Performer and have had nothing but holding responses from all three!

Beginning to get a complex?

EG
Reply 1944
I applied for Gamesmaker, Ceremony Performer and Torch Bearer twice (public process, work nomination) and haven't got anywhere yet. Can you still apply to be a Ceremony Volunteer or is that closed?
I just got an email reminding me that they're still looking for people for Paralympics ceremonies if I know anyone who wants to apply. This doesn't make sense. I thought you couldn't re audition for those as you were automatically considered. Surely they would give the helds and reserves those. Which makes me think they aren't entering helds and reserves for the Paralympics because they will end up being in the olympics ones.
Still keeping everything crossed for those of you still waiting for those YES responses. Let's hope today is the day !!
Morning everyone! back on the merry-go-round once again xxx
Original post by Mandy_Panda
I just got an email reminding me that they're still looking for people for Paralympics ceremonies if I know anyone who wants to apply. This doesn't make sense. I thought you couldn't re audition for those as you were automatically considered. Surely they would give the helds and reserves those. Which makes me think they aren't entering helds and reserves for the Paralympics because they will end up being in the olympics ones.

Curiouser and curiouser. Perhaps a glimmer of hope for us Reserves, though as I haven't received that email, I'm now slightly paranoid about that too! I do feel at peace however that it will all come right in the end.
Original post by Dancersmum
Curiouser and curiouser. Perhaps a glimmer of hope for us Reserves, though as I haven't received that email, I'm now slightly paranoid about that too! I do feel at peace however that it will all come right in the end.

it was a response to an email I sent
Original post by w11lina
Hello Ragdolly - I was also a broken, 30, short hip hop dancer so good to hear from you! Many congratulations on your place. I also feel very lucky indeed. :smile:

Oh how funny - maybe the 49ers are all short - I too am short!!! And way way way over 30! I was looking around the auditions thinking "that one could be my daughter". Luckily I look (and act) a lot younger than my real age!

I was broken too! We had to go out that evening and I only lasted till 10. Move like Jagger is playing on Capital right now!
Well, I have only just checked my email and I received one at 5:15pm yesterday and it was for a reserve.

Gutted! But I am not surprised as I was quite tired at the second audition and not feeling my best. I don't know why they couldn't make their mind up sooner.

I'm not sure that I want the agony of being a reserve so I might get my name taken off. At least then I can plan for the rest of the year rather than having this hanging over me.

Congratulations though to everyone who got through! I can't wait to watch it on the box now! Will be thinking of you guys xxx :biggrin:
Reply 1952
Original post by jhaslam17
Well, I have only just checked my email and I received one at 5:15pm yesterday and it was for a reserve.

Gutted! But I am not surprised as I was quite tired at the second audition and not feeling my best. I don't know why they couldn't make their mind up sooner.

I'm not sure that I want the agony of being a reserve so I might get my name taken off. At least then I can plan for the rest of the year rather than having this hanging over me.

Congratulations though to everyone who got through! I can't wait to watch it on the box now! Will be thinking of you guys xxx :biggrin:

that makes two of us now! i feel like i can relax now I don't feel as bad as i thought i would, the not knowing is a killer and i feel for the rest of you still waiting. I'm just a bit miffed that if iwas going to be a reserve why they just couldn't tell me three weeks ago? all a bit strange, we need to find someone on the inside who knows how their minds are working.

have a good day everyone.
Reply 1953
Hey guys

I'm finding this whole thread really interesting as I too am waiting on a reply!
I first auditioned on 5th (1pm), then 25th November (5.30pm) and I'm yet to have a yes/no/maybe.

I've had the two "We've not forgotten you" emails, plus I wrote to casting last Wednesday to ask for an ETA on a reply but was told to wait as I'll hear soon.

The suspense is literally killing me! I just want to know now!

Congrats to those through, and commiserations to those who aren't

x

i'm sorry to hear that :frown:
Hi Davey

Quite a few of us waiting from that 25th Nov 5.30 p.m. recall. Most of us have had the one "not forgotten" and various responses to our chasers.

But still we wait!

EG

So sorry to hear that but unless you had already decided that if you weren't going to get a straight place you would opt out why not sleep on it for a few days, that is if there are no work/ holiday issues. You might feel differently after the rejected feeling fades. I would think that most reserves who are getting places will hear within the next couple of weeks. Have they given you a deadline for replying?
Thanks for your support guys. Yes, I might sleep on it until after the weekend. Pinnerite - No there is no mention of a deadline in having your name taken off the reserve list.

I'm feeling ok about it really as the thought of having to travel to the 3 Mills Studio many times at over 2 hours each way didn't particularly enthral me.

Good luck and keep us posted on how it all the rehearsals are going, even though it is a while off yet.

Really enjoyed reading all your stories here, thank you so much!

xx
Reply 1958
Hey Essex Girl
That's a bit of a relief to hear! At least I'm not the only one waiting!

I'll be sure to inform you guys when I hear!

x
So the two who got a second "Don't Worry" both got reserves later the same day. Last time those who didn't get "Don't Worry" mails got the reserves but we still have one who got the second mail and hasn't heard

I give up trying to work out the logic... if there is any!
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest