The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tylergardener
Hi all, Thanks for your support and commiserations.

I did as suggested and eventualy got through to casting on the phone.

Managed to persuade them that I had done everthing correctly and have been reinstated !

Can't tell you how relieved I am, I'd buy everyone of you a drink right now,even you rocKeRG LOL.

thank **** for that!!! Congrats!
(edited 12 years ago)
Well done Tyler - congrats. I bet you could have done without the stress though!
Original post by Mandy_Panda
i guess it is a mammoth task though.

Well yes it is BUT they are all paid professionals. Some people on this site have been rejected for volunteer roles. I bet they could sort it!!

Managed to persuade them that I had done everthing correctly and have been reinstated !

Can't tell you how relieved I am, I'd buy everyone of you a drink right now,even you rocKeRG LOL.

Gosh. What a relief Tyler! Glad your persistence paid off. Phew!
Original post by Mandy_Panda
thank **** for that!!! Congrats!

My sentiments exactly !!
(edited 12 years ago)
Is it possible for internationals to join in the fun (to get an audition I mean) ? :colondollar:
Reply 2026

Well done! I'll be buying you the drink! What section are you in?
Reply 2027

Oh that's a relief! Great news.:biggrin:
Original post by RocKeRG
Well done! I'll be buying you the drink! What section are you in?

We'll buy each other drinks. Section 44D. How about you?
Original post by Jelly Butterfly
Is it possible for internationals to join in the fun (to get an audition I mean) ? :colondollar:

yep! Apply to audition
Grrrrr, when will everyone else find out, so that we can actually arrange these drinks! That in itself will prob be a mammoth task...!
Reply 2031
That's awesome tylergardener! So happy for you. Did you tell any white lies on the phone about the accept button as suggested or were your e-mail records enough?
Reply 2032
wow! I pop out for a while , get back and all hell breaks loose!!! TG well done. As I was reading I was feeling for your disappointment...then I carried on reading and punched the air when you said that you had been reinstated...YAY!!

This whole forum has become truly amazing....hope, disappointment, joy....all kinds of emotions changing by the minute!

Another day goes by and I continue to wait....................................I would love to pop that bottle of fizz that I have been chilling for quite a while for any kind of good news, hoping it will be soon!
Reply 2033

Well bloody done mate! Hope to see you there if I get picked too!

Seriously though dude, very happy for you :smile:
Mandypandy, I thought applications had closed on 9 Jan although the Paralympics one was still open?

Well done on getting reinstated tylergardiner

Yes - we are now approaching the late afternoon slot where reserve mails seem to go out. Successes seem to be 12-4. The first set of "don't worry" was early evening
I am absolutely overwhelmed at the support given on this forum
For all those still waiting for a positive answer, having spoken to Casting earlier, and been assured that they are overun dealing with everything, I would say you are still in with a good chance of hearing something soon. Hang on in there and all you reserves too.
Original post by Flakeydom
Mandypandy, I thought applications had closed on 9 Jan although the Paralympics one was still open?

Well done on getting reinstated tylergardiner

Yes - we are now approaching the late afternoon slot where reserve mails seem to go out. Successes seem to be 12-4. The first set of "don't worry" was early evening

aren't auditions happening over this week and next, you could prob still sneakily get in an audition
Original post by Miss Lister
There might be something to this as I am in section 49f and I am short! well, 5 ft 4, so average-ish. How short is short?:biggrin: I also far from young, in my 40's.

oh how funny! 5ft 2 1/2" - the 1/2" matters! Yeah, I won't be the only over 40! Hi showgirl - glad you are on here too!
Original post by wickedgrin
Well yes it is BUT they are all paid professionals. Some people on this site have been rejected for volunteer roles. I bet they could sort it!!

Well I'd certainly give it my best shot (and I'm currently available although, by necessity now, on standby to go to be with in-laws if/when father-in-law finally passes away - no news on that front as yet so he must be reasonably stable for now).

If only they'd let me near all this though ! (as some/most of you already know I was interviewed as a volunteer admin. person with the casting team and then mysteriously turned down despite having all the relevant skills and therefore suspect the reason was that I was automatically excluded whilst still on the RESERVE list as a performer).

For what other reason would you turn down a competent person, likely to turn up eventually (despite TFL's best attempts to thwart your journey), and best of all work for FREE - they clearly need extra help sorting this out - what a shambles indeed this seems to be becoming if not already a nightmare, sorry correct that to "challenge" like the folk who interviewed me did <LOL>!!

Congrats. TG in being reinstated despite everything - what a heart stopper of a moment for you though (hugs).
(edited 12 years ago)
WOW!! I've been out all day and away from my computer. Just read all the posts and i just want to say what an amazing bunch you ALL are. You brought Tyler back from the depths of despair, gave her all the support (and 'phone nos) to do something - she did and she's back in! FANTASTIC!

I'm still in the land of "not heards" ............. thinking about 'phoning but it sounds completely chaotic and I really don't want to upset them ............. how much longer????

BigNic - I'm with you - well over 30 - definitely above average weight - 5' 4" but absolutely gorgeous!!! Bet they're planning a special segment just for us - we'll look great in Union Jack leotards doing synchronised star jumps in front of the Queen!

Latest