The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Modern Languages Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by AllesWirdGut
Aha. I'd like to go there as well, perhaps in the North. Where did you visit? :biggrin: I'm applying for German as well - the Scandinavian languages seem to be pretty similar so hopefully Swedish won't be too difficult. Have you heard much from UCL? I'm so impatient.

Oh Edinburgh don't do Norwegian? Never really looked into it much. What have you applied for at the other universities?

I've visited Bergen, Flaam, Stavanger and Olden :biggrin: so I haven't been too far up north, I'd like to though. And nope, I haven't sent my application off yet because I'm still waiting for my personal statement to be looked at by my teacher and it's taking forever -.- so yeah, I'm even more impatient.

I have no idea if Edinburgh do it or not tbh, I haven't looked at it :P and I'm applying for German and French at Leeds and Newcastle, German and Dutch at Nottingham and German and Italian at Manchester =D
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 61
Original post by Beckyyyy
I've visited Bergen, Flaam, Stavanger and Olden :biggrin: so I haven't been too far up north, I'd like to though. And nope, I haven't sent my application off yet because I'm still waiting for my personal statement to be looked at by my teacher and it's taking forever -.- so yeah, I'm even more impatient.

I have no idea if Edinburgh do it or not tbh, I haven't looked at it :P and I'm applying for German and French at Leeds and Newcastle, German and Dutch at Nottingham and German and Italian at Manchester =D

Wow. I've heard about Bergen and would like to go there. Well travelled I see xD I've only been abroad once in my life - the summer that's just gone. I went to Sweden and spent a dayish in Denmark and it was really wonderful. I think I'm just a little bit attached to Scandinavia now xD Ah how annoying! I got mine sent off a while ago but waiting to hear for so long kills me inside xD

Fair enough :wink: I see you're applying for quite a large range of languages. :biggrin: I don't think we have any in common other than German and Italian at Manchester. Good luck anyway and I hope you get an offer!
Reply 62
I've applied for French and Italian post-A Level :smile:
My UCAS finally got sent off by my school today, so haven't heard anything yet :smile:
So what is the questionnaire like? :smile:
anyone applying for hispanic studies? :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by julia123456
anyone applying for hispanic studies? :smile:

I am! :smile:
Reply 65
(edited 12 years ago)
Dead thread! Anybody going to the Open day?

Is this something you need an invitation for?

I haven't had one, so no...
I've applied for English and French, but I highly, highly doubt I'm going to get an offer.
Reply 68
Original post by chinaberry
Is this something you need an invitation for?

I haven't had one, so no...

You negged?
I applied for Italian and Finnish and received an offer today : D
I'm so happy! Though also quite nervous about moving to London...
Reply 70
Aw it's so cute reading all your prospective comments about UCL. I'm in my first year doing French and I love it, the department is really good and I've made some great friends. Be warned that it is a lot of work, I know you're probably vaguely expecting that anyway but it is pretty non stop and they take some aspects, mainly grammar, quite seriously. It's great fun though and if you just organise your time you'll be fine, there's still a bit of room for dossing in first year :wink: Don't be nervous about moving to London, I live in Devon so it was a big change for me but I absolutely love it! You couldn't live anywhere more exciting and it's really not that scary once you get there, just the thought of it is scary I think... Congratulations on all your offers and good luck to those still waiting to hear! :smile:
Received my offer for French and Russian yesterday! :biggrin:
Original post by purpleelement
Received my offer for French and Russian yesterday! :biggrin:

Congrats! :biggrin:
I got mine for French and Russian on Wednesday. Are you post a-level or ab initio?:smile:
Reply 73
Been invited to visit on the 29th. Anyone else? :smile:
Original post by belligerent ghoul
Congrats! :biggrin:
I got mine for French and Russian on Wednesday. Are you post a-level or ab initio?:smile:

Congrats to you too! ab initio :smile: and yourself? Are you thinking of firming UCL? where else have you had offers from ?
Reply 75
Original post by Gales
Been invited to visit on the 29th. Anyone else? :smile:
Me!
Reply 76
[QUOTE="mariann013;34847907"]
Need to find them! Comeee onn other Scandy applicant.What have you applied for?

I have applied for Scandinavian Studies & Management. There is someone else who has applied for Scandinavian Studies & History of Art I think.

That's me, the Scandinavian Studies & History of Art kid :smile: in the questionnaire, does the last question have to be Scandinavia related?
[QUOTE="Angelala;36440471"]
Original post by mariann013

That's me, the Scandinavian Studies & History of Art kid :smile: in the questionnaire, does the last question have to be Scandinavia related?

I am an international so didn't get a questionnaire but I did get a request for more info on which language, my current knowledge and a mini PS for Scandy. I have not heard anything since. Are there really only three of us out there?
Reply 78
Original post by *Hannah
Me!

You excited? :biggrin: I am!
What languages are you going for?
Original post by purpleelement
Congrats to you too! ab initio :smile: and yourself? Are you thinking of firming UCL? where else have you had offers from ?

Thanks! And same. Yeah, I'm 99% sure I'll be firming UCL, you? I've had offers from Exeter, Nottingham and Bristol, still waiting on Durham! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest