The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by Yachtlegless
Hi
I had my interview at Salford Friday; questions related health issues facing NHS ( respect and Dignity of older people/ infection control) then individual interview, dont think I did to good but will wait to hear
Got interview for Manchester Met and Chester any ideas what the questions will be like for there

hiya i was just wondering if you could help me with what the english and maths test would be like as i have an interview on monday at salford!
Original post by Ashley87
Hello,

I had an interview at Northumbria on 13th Feb to study adult nursing. So I thought I would give some advice to those who need or want it. The university made me feel really welcome and it was a really relaxed environment. After a brief talk about the course and the university we were asked to watch a 2 minute video and then compete a 10 minute written test based on what we watched. The video was about a woman who had a bad experience whilst in hospital and we had to say what we would have done differently in order to improve the patients experience.
We were then split into groups of 5 and had a group interview. This again was really informal and we were asked about current issues, the role of a nurse, as well as a talk about the video we had just watched. Following this was a 5 minute individual interview and the only question they asked was 'why do you want to study adult nursing'
My only advice would be to try and stay calm and collected and try to relax and make sure you brush up on current issues in healthcare. Dress smart and ensure you let everyone have their say in the group interview and don't interrupt.

Good Luck!!!

Thank-you!! This has sort of calmed my nerves seen as though my interview is tomorrow!! What sort of current issues did you speak about in the group interview?
Reply 822
Anyone recently had been to a selection day at southampton for child nursing ? ?
Reply 823
Original post by Lauren12
Anyone recently had been to a selection day at southampton for child nursing ? ?

A year ago but I don't think the process has changed. Can I help?:smile:
Hi guys - have my Oxford Brookes interview for Mental Health nursing on Wednesday...

I was just curious as to what I should expect from the group discussion which is before the individual interview(this is my first university interview).

Cheers
Reply 825
Original post by Paniipan
Has anyone had interview for adult nursing at the uni of manchester?? PLEASE HELP.. x

Have you had it yet? I had mine and got in. Hope it went ok if you've done it! xx
Reply 826
Hey,
Anyone going to BCU in April 2012 for BSc Adult Nursing? xxx
Reply 827
Original post by Jodieness
Have you had it yet? I had mine and got in. Hope it went ok if you've done it! xx

Iv got mine tomorrow ... what did they ask you?? was it hard??? did u have one to one??? i really hope i get in xx
Reply 828
Original post by Sadia.Z
Had my interview at the University of Manchester and the questions they asked were:
1) Why Manchester?
2) What qualities do your have that makes you a good nurse?
3) How has you work/voluntary experience enhanced your communication skills?
4) A scenario based question.... A 5year old boy has come to hospital for an operation.. How would you deal with him??
5) What would you find hard to cope with academically?

Hope these help for those going for Manchester and Child Nursing. :smile:

i got my interview tomorrow at manchester... was it hard?? did u have one to one interview as well?? i really hope i get in..x
Reply 829
Hi guys,

Really nervous as i have an interview at Surrey tomorrow for Adult Nursing and have no idea what they will ask... Anyone else interviewing tomorrow?
Hello :smile: has anyone had interviews for plymouth uni for child nursing? I have an interview and last year i didnt even get to this stage. What is asked and what are they looking for ? Im so nervous help lol :smile: thankyou xx
Reply 831
Original post by AEdes
Hi guys,

Really nervous as i have an interview at Surrey tomorrow for Adult Nursing and have no idea what they will ask... Anyone else interviewing tomorrow?

I am in Brighton. Really nervous!!! If you want sample tests Kingston have a math and english sample with answers.
Really not looking forward to the interview!
Reply 832
Original post by MoonFlower
Heya, was it the Master course for Adult nursing at Leeds? I applied for that and couldnt get in Sep 11' because they cut the places and i didnt have my degree results then, and then applied for the Sep 12' intake but got a letter saying they've droped it :frown:. Was so upset but luckily ive got on the degree to start this Sep.

Hey, sorry for late reply, didn't get a notification about this. No it was the MSc Mental Health Nursing, but I think all the masters courses have been cancelled. Well disappointing after going to all that trouble to apply and get references to them. They could have at least offered us places on the undergraduate degrees instead! So where have you got a place? I applied to Salford and Mancs in December and Notts in Jan, but have still heard nothing! Well frustrating :frown:

Oh just realised you DID get a place on the degree programme! I keep thinking I should have applied for the undergraduate MH course but I didn't want to do another BSc as I've already got one. Oh well, hopefully I'll get an interview/place at one of the other unis. Just a waiting game now!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kathryn_R
Hey, sorry for late reply, didn't get a notification about this. No it was the MSc Mental Health Nursing, but I think all the masters courses have been cancelled. Well disappointing after going to all that trouble to apply and get references to them. They could have at least offered us places on the undergraduate degrees instead! So where have you got a place? I applied to Salford and Mancs in December and Notts in Jan, but have still heard nothing! Well frustrating :frown:

Oh just realised you DID get a place on the degree programme! I keep thinking I should have applied for the undergraduate MH course but I didn't want to do another BSc as I've already got one. Oh well, hopefully I'll get an interview/place at one of the other unis. Just a waiting game now!

Heya, I know its well frustrating, i'm having to have a working gap year because of them cancelling it! I didnt really want to do another undergraduate but dont have a choice now as Leeds was the only place that offered that special 3 year Masters with registration. My degree was in Zoology so i can't do a Masters in the nursing area without doing a undergrad degree to become registered first! What was your first degree in? Have you heard from any of your choices yet?
Reply 834
Original post by Abbie O
Hey,
Anyone going to BCU in April 2012 for BSc Adult Nursing? xxx

I have!! Can't wait!!
Reply 835
Hi,

I've got an interview at Birmingham City University on the 12th March for Children's Nursing

Anyone else going on that day? :smile:
Reply 836
Original post by Paniipan
i got my interview tomorrow at manchester... was it hard?? did u have one to one interview as well?? i really hope i get in..x

Hi!! It was my first interview so I found it hard to control my nerves but it wasn't as daunting and scary as I imagined it. I just had a group interview.. It is my first choice for Child Nursing to.
I had a interview at Salford recently and I got an offer!!! :biggrin: Either Salford or Uni of Manchester suits me. :smile:.. Lol..

Goodluck for your interview. :smile:
Has anyone got a Child Nursing Interview for Worcester on Wednesday? If so; what article have you had to research on? HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :frown:
Heard back from Cardiff today, I have an interview with them! I really thought I'd mucked their admissions tests up so I was expecting a rejection from them. Has anyone else got one on the 21st of March AM? :smile:
Reply 839
Original post by MoonFlower
Heya, I know its well frustrating, i'm having to have a working gap year because of them cancelling it! I didnt really want to do another undergraduate but dont have a choice now as Leeds was the only place that offered that special 3 year Masters with registration. My degree was in Zoology so i can't do a Masters in the nursing area without doing a undergrad degree to become registered first! What was your first degree in? Have you heard from any of your choices yet?

It's not the only place, the course I have applied for at Salford is a Masters in nursing with registration. Essex also do one (and that's only 2 years) but I didn't want to move that far away from where I live. A number of unis also do a PGDip with registration (which I have applied for at Notts) but some do specify a relevant undergraduate degree - I did Psychology with Anthropology. I've applied for the undergraduate degree at Mancs but it's a BNurs which I'd be happy with coz it's different from what I've already got. Still haven't heard back from any of the unis! Check every day, it's so annoying! I'd have applied loads earlier if I'd known they were giving out interviews right from the start!

Latest

Trending

Trending