The Student Room Group

House Mate 'noise' problem

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Romanorum-Hellas
Plant some stink bombs in her room - then you'll find that no boys will be wanting to go near her.

I have no idea where to buy any in this area, no where seems to be able to deliver around here =/
Original post by Nick1sHere
As they were doing it I would shout out... Try a different position this one is pretty boring!

And other **** like that to make them paranoid that I'm watching them

to be honest I don't think she cares that we can hear her, she knows we can anyway =/
Original post by rebelious_renegade
haha! i would just do the same as she does... as soon as she starts bring a friend (or friends) over and pretend to have a massive orgy - it will never happen again! i had a neighbor who used to do the exact same thing and it worked wonders... not only that, every time he sees us now he cant look me in the eye :smile:
and if your worried about other neighbors, bring them in to 'join in' so that they can be part of it too. its so much fun

oooo that's a brilliant idea! :smile: I'm not going to see her after this year is over so it'll be perfect ^^ Thank you, I'll get my other hosuemates to join me with it :smile:
Original post by AliceElizabeth19
oooo that's a brilliant idea! :smile: I'm not going to see her after this year is over so it'll be perfect ^^ Thank you, I'll get my other hosuemates to join me with it :smile:

also half way through just ask if she has some spare condoms or 'protection' loudly over her 'noises'. it works and its hilarious, it will never happen again! :smile: so yea the more the merrier! :smile:
Reply 64
10 hours of sleep, not sure if playgroup or uni :holmes:
Original post by rebelious_renegade
also half way through just ask if she has some spare condoms or 'protection' loudly over her 'noises'. it works and its hilarious, it will never happen again! :smile: so yea the more the merrier! :smile:

Ahaha oh my this is a pretty good one to do :smile: I'll gather the girls tomorrow to get their ideas as well ^^
Original post by S-man10
10 hours of sleep, not sure if playgroup or uni :holmes:

Every person is different... some run on 5 hours, others on 10... I've also got medical reason for needing 10 hours of sleep
Reply 67
Every person is different... some run on 5 hours, others on 10... I've also got medical reason for needing 10 hours of sleep

which is?
Original post by S-man10
which is?

I'd rather not say, it's personal information I don't want to share at the moment
Make a remark or two so she'll get the hint. Doesn't even have to be about noise. In general conversation pretend to hold a newspaper and say "the number of cases clinics have had to deal with has rocketed by 5000% in the last 18 months.' Or always play a little bit of Akon & the lonely island every morning :wink:
Reply 70
I'd rather not say, it's personal information I don't want to share at the moment

oh comon, i really want to know a medical problem which requires 10 hours of sleep a day
Reply 71
Hello AliceElizabeth19 I really feel for you.....It must not be nice as you have to get up in the morning and still go to classes etc....
Either she can't stand you so she does it on purpose or she gets turned on by people listening (perv)

Just keep reporting her....
Eventually they will kick her out, so can go *******off somewhere else!
(edited 12 years ago)
Sue her for damages. Then sue the accommodation office for being incompetent. Then you get money. :biggrin:
Reply 73
Tell guys from the campus that she has herpes.
Reply 74
Standard halls, also standard jealous girl. Sex noises cannot be helped. They are not keeping you awake, for them to keep you awake physiologically they would need to be having some pretty kinky S+M going on. You are being kept awake by your own neurosis. Get some earplugs and/or get over it.
Original post by S-man10
Whilst she is actually having sex, loudly bang on the door and tell her to "STFU". Works like a charm. If she gets upset, suggest she go shag the guys in their rooms instead of her place. Problem solved :yy:

Brill idea!
Well you have spoken to her and the accomodation people, have you tried student welfare? If it is so bad,that it is difficult for you to continue your studies I would have thought you should try them . In my view they will do little to her unless several others complain about it,Is there anyone else complaining about it? if she has a neighbour on the other side ,you might want to have a word. but in my view they really ought to be at least trying to find you alternative accomodation. Don't retaliate no matter how tempting,as if there is any mediation or she gets in trouble,she could bring that up. You have asked her to shut up, no say the bare minimum.

I and several others managed to get a druggie who was next door to me and making an entire corridor a misery with fights,stealing from the fridges, parties that could last all night ,leaving 'presents' in shower,the whole corridor stunk of pot some nights and flooding the corridor finally kicked out.It took a while though, the the hall warden did nothing when it was just me vs him, basically it was mediation where he apologised and said it wouldn't happen again, but until the entire corridor was up in arms about it,then they acted . I even ended up being a witness, which caused me a few problems with his mates. He was fined first,and ended up being chucked out when he did not change his behaviour. I was rather satisfying to see his parents turn up to get him and struggling with the suitcases.

Maybe try ear plugs? Being a light sleeper myself I can recommend a brand called silent ear, I think they sell them on amazon.They are cheap and last up to 3 months.
This sounds really stupid, but I always worry about noise during sex. I mean, what are you meant to do when you want to have sex with someone, but you know that there are paper thin ceilings and crappy beds that squeak? I'm in a long-term relationship, and we try and be as quiet as possible, but sometimes there just isn't anything you can do. It could be that this girl feels the same way, and that your tactics, especially now that you are, in essence, ganging up on her in a big group, make her resentful that she can't do anything about it, and so just carries on anyway.

This shouldn't be a discussion of her sexual habits - we live in a society where it's generally fine for someone to do what they want in the bedroom. I don't really see that it being with different people has any bearing on the problem.

If the noise is really loud, at anti-social hours (which I'd deem as being 11pm-7pm) and genuinely causing you a health issue, then I feel sorry for you, but otherwise, as others have said, it's just an unavoidable aspect of student living. You should take it out on your university, not this girl.
Reply 78
Original post by pinstriped.flower
This sounds really stupid, but I always worry about noise during sex. I mean, what are you meant to do when you want to have sex with someone, but you know that there are paper thin ceilings and crappy beds that squeak? I'm in a long-term relationship, and we try and be as quiet as possible, but sometimes there just isn't anything you can do. It could be that this girl feels the same way, and that your tactics, especially now that you are, in essence, ganging up on her in a big group, make her resentful that she can't do anything about it, and so just carries on anyway.

I'm sorry to say, but this clearly sounds quite boring. I bet you finish when both of you are done counting to 100 together :colonhash:
Original post by S-man10
I'm sorry to say, but this clearly sounds quite boring. I bet you finish when both of you are done counting to 100 together :colonhash:

Thank you for your constructive comment. I'm sure we all found this useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending