The Student Room Group

LIST OF OFFERS - Psychology 2012 Entry (No Discussion)

Scroll to see replies

University: UEA
Course Name: BSc Psychology
Offer: Conditional on Passing the Access Course with 36 Level 3 Credits at Distinction and 9 Level 3 Credits at Merit
Offer Received: 2nd March
Reaction: This was the last offer that I was waiting for and my definite favourite. This was also the only one I had to have an interview for. When I found out I was jumping up and down screaming lol. This will definitely be my Firm :smile:
Original post by Determined*
Offer: Conditional on Passing the Access Course with 36 Level 3 Credits at Distinction and 9 Level 3 Credits at Merit
Reaction: This was the last offer that I was waiting for and my definite favourite. This was also the only one I had to have an interview for. When I found out I was jumping up and down screaming lol. This will definitely be my Firm :smile:

Well done!!!

:smile:
Original post by catoswyn
Well done!!!

:smile:

Thank you :smile:
University: Bath
Course Name: Psychology
Predicted grades: A*A*A A
Offer: A*AA in Psychology,RS and English
Reaction: SOOOOOO HAPPY!! Cant believe i have got my first choice university. Now to attempt to get the grades.... goodbye social life!
Reply 504
University: Glasgow
Course name: Psychology/History of Arts
Offer: 36 points in IB Diploma
Reaction: I'm disappointed with the entry requirement being 36 points, no chance for me

University: Aberdeen
Course name: Psychology
Offer: 30 points in IB Diploma, 15 points at higher level
Reaction: This was expected, going to be my insurance

Well, I was hoping that the entry requirement for Psychology/History of Arts would be 34 points as mentioned in the websites of UCAS, but unfortunately not. Glasgow is my dream university, so I'm probably going to firm their offer of Sociology/Arts, media & Informatics of 34 IB points.
(edited 12 years ago)
University: Edinburgh
Course Name: Psychology (BA)
Predicted Grades: AABB (Scottish Highers/ACC already achieved)
Offer: Conditional - A (Higher Maths resit) and BB

University: Glasgow Caledonian
Course Name: Psychology (BSc)
Predicted Grades: AABB (Scottish Highers/ACC already achieved)
Offer: Conditional - BBBB

Actually cannot believe I got any any offers after only getting ACC last year, especially when the first response I got was an unsuccessful from Strathclyde. Edinburgh... just unbelievable! The conditions are really hard but I'll try my best haha :-)
Original post by ladyinvgoue
My second offer! :biggrin:

University: Royal Holloway :suith:
Course: Psychology
Predicted Grades: AAA
Conditional Offer: AAB
Reaction: HAAAAPPPY!!! :bl:

Well done :smile: I hear Royal holloway is amazing!
Original post by Luccy.
University: UCL
Predicted Grades: A*A(*)A
Offer: A*AA

Oh my lord! WELL DONE :smile:
Reply 508
Didn't realise how inconsistent UCL were with their offers - such a range and including subject non-subject and specific requirements!
Reply 509
Original post by Luccy.
Didn't realise how inconsistent UCL were with their offers - such a range and including subject non-subject and specific requirements!

Same! I'm having to retake an exam just incase they ask for an A* specifically in it.
Reply 510
University: Bangor
Course Name: Psychology C802
Offer: 340 Points inc. B in Psychology
Reaction: Declined

University: Lancaster
Course Name: Psychology C802
Offer: AAB
Reaction: Firmed

University: Loughborough
Course Name: Social Psychology C880
Offer: AAB

University: Plymouth
Course Name: Psychology with Criminology and Criminal Justice Studies C8MX
Offer: BBB
Reaction: Insurance

University: Surrey
Course Name: Psychology 4 Years C800
Offer: AAA

I hope i've done this right :colondollar: :biggrin:
Reply 511
Course name: BSc Psychology (sandwich)
Offer: IELTS overall 7.0 no less than 6.5 in all components
Reaction: My first choice. I'm super excited now and really looking forward to start in October!

University: Sussex
Course name: BSc Psychology
Offer: GCSE Maths grade B; UCL DEAP with overall 65% no less than 60% in
each component
Reaction: I was hesitating between Bath and Sussex because I'd really love to live in Brighton. However since Bath has better reputation, offers placement year and doesn't require Maths, I'm going to firm Bath.

University: Goldsmith
Course name: BSc Psychology
Offer: IELTS 6.5
Reaction: The impression I had from the uni after Open day was really good. This was my first offer ( they replied super fast about a week after I applied) I think Goldsmith is decent school with good atmosphere and friendly staff. And at really eased me to know I hold an offer :smile:

University: Brunel
Course name: BSc Psychology (sandwich)
Offer: Unconditional
Reaction: Well, not excited at all

I'm an international student from Czech Republic with Maturita grades AAAA (Czech, English, Social Sciences, Block of subjects in English language) and one semester of studying psychology, Media studies and Social Anthropology at Masaryk University, Brno. I'm currently at Diploma in English for Academic Purposes course at UCL.
Course Name: BSc Pcyhology (Sandwich)
Predicted Grades: A*AB

As happy as I am, I was sort of hoping they'd reject me - just to make my decision even clearer. I've got all five of my offers now - Bath, Bristol, Portsmouth, Warwick and York - though I'm not even considering Portsmouth or Warwick.

My problem now is deciding between Bath and Bristol for my firm choice, with York as my insurance. Bath is A*AA, Bristol is AAA and York is AAB - in the past, have people found Bath and/or Bristol to accept grades below what they're asking for - I'm struggling to see how I'll get A*AA and even AAA will be a push.
Reply 513
University: York
Course Name: Psychology Bsc
Predicted Grades: AAB
Offer: AAA
Reaction: My first choice so lots of jumping around :smile: YAAAYY
Reply 514
University: UCL
Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A*
Offer: A*AA including psychology and chemistry
Reaction: Happpyyyy :biggrin:
Reply 515
I really cannot decide between Bath and Bristol!

Is anyone else in the same dilemma?

I really like the sound of the placement year at Bath, and I'd love to carry on doing German too, but I've heard that unless you want to do psychology professionally then a placement isn't really relevant...

I'm also worried that Bath won't be a very happening place, and as shallow as it might sound I don't think I could spend 3 years in a dead town, whereas a Bristol definitely looks like a lot more a student town.

Could anyone shed any light on any of this?? Seriously, seriously, stuck :-(
Original post by jameshw
i really cannot decide between bath and bristol!

Is anyone else in the same dilemma?

I really like the sound of the placement year at bath, and i'd love to carry on doing german too, but i've heard that unless you want to do psychology professionally then a placement isn't really relevant...

I'm also worried that bath won't be a very happening place, and as shallow as it might sound i don't think i could spend 3 years in a dead town, whereas a bristol definitely looks like a lot more a student town.

Could anyone shed any light on any of this?? Seriously, seriously, stuck :-(

bristol... :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 517
University: University College London
Course Name: Psychology (C800)
Offer:AAA with A in Biology

University: University of Bath
Course Name: Psychology (C800)
Reply 518
Original post by Determined*

Hello!!!!

Have only just seen this as I haven't been on here for aaages - congratulations!!!! :biggrin:

Guess what? I recieved the same offer on the same day! I'm so happy & excited, can't wait to start! I take it you chose UEA as your firm?

Who did you have for your interview? I had Charles (pretty sure that was his name, was a little while ago now lol). Do you know anybody else who received an offer? The other girl from my evening course didn't receive one, but somebody from the day course did.

Sorry to sound manic, I'm just so pleased!
Reply 519
Exeter, Cardiff, Sussex, all wanting AAB :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest