The Student Room Group

If you don't revise you'll end up..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sb123303
Wth, you guys are so ignorant. Instead of thinking about the things that you want to be, you think of the things you don't want to be whilst disrespecting others. What snobs! You're knocking the confidence of people in these job roles or at these universities, and they may not think of it badly, until you make them question their situation.

Not everyone has an easy road too. They may be smarter but could have ended up in a university or job that doesn't relect the potential they have.

I really thought this thread was for showing where you want to be. But instead, there's dramatic, rude people, who think not having a levels will make the world end.

Agreed ... the people on here who mock others do not seem to realise that doing any job of work well is something to be proud of ... people who work in ASDA or get their degrees at London Met have a sense of achievement and self respect ... I imagine that most of them are capable of respecting others

This last quality is one that makes them superior to the OP and others on this thread
Original post by Miracle Day
In terms of jobs and salary prospects, we are.

A colleague of mine got a 2.1 from Cambridge and entered employment as a.... bin man. Not long term though. Just to fill in before he started another course. I know others who left university with good degrees and had to enter jobs which they had previously deemed "below" them before they go to where they wanted to be.

Point being - one's prospects may be high, but you never know where you will end up before you get to where you want to be in life.
Reply 82
Original post by Lily Academia
Have you ever actually been there? Agreed, it's not the most aesthetically pleasing :giggle:

But I know someone who did an undergraduate at London Met and then went on to Oxford for her postgraduate. It's what you make of it.

Spoiler

No, I have not ever actually been there. I wouldn't be able to place it on a map. I know it's in London... :dontknow:

I don't think it's the worst university in the country (and if it is on the league tables, meh, they lie), but I'm gonna have to admit, just looking at it makes me revise all the more. It's not some snobby elitist thing I have, it's just what works for me (like deadlines, and the like).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 83
So I thought we could create this thread to motivate each other..

Post pictures of where we'll end up if we don't work hard and revise now :smile:

I'll start.

I'm definitely going to start revising a lot more now.
Reply 84
Original post by Lily Academia
Exactly. + rep

It's more elitism than snobbery at work. I think most of it is in jest, but some people need to be a bit less forward in their proclaims of what 'Their Worst Outcome' would be :sadnod:

Thank you! I agree! I'll +rep you tomorrow back because I was really angry until I read your comment, thanks, I was prepared for neggers, I still am lol, idc... thanks anyway
Original post by geetar

Similarly:

Reply 86
Original post by TenOfThem
Agreed ... the people on here who mock others do not seem to realise that doing any job of work well is something to be proud of ... people who work in ASDA or get their degrees at London Met have a sense of achievement and self respect ... I imagine that most of them are capable of respecting others

This last quality is one that makes them superior to the OP and others on this thread

I agree completely! Infact, you said it in better words than I did. +rep tomorrow.
I have so much more repect for people earning with respect for others, than any kind of snob. I'm glad to see someone with a grounded opinion :smile:
Reply 87
If I don't revise I will fail my exams that start in 3 weeks (Oh my god, this fact has just hit me now, I've had it in my mind like they're still months away for ages and I've done no revision so far...),I will then dissapoint my parents, my family and more importantly myself, I will not get to do the course I want at the uni I want, I willbe stuck in a city I dont like doing a course Im not fussed about, I will struggle for a career afterwards,

If I do revise,I can get into that perfect course, I can see my mum smile, I can hear the pride in my grans voice when I tell her over the phone, I can go to Brazil (<3)

I just keep imagening results day, seeing grades I dont want, the disappointment, the crushing of my dreams, seeing when my parents who have probably spent most the night excited and building up the day realise its not happened, and then imagine seeing the reuslts I really want and I smile thinking about it, the happiness and relief, making myself proud and my family proud, running to my parents telling them my grades

You think this would motivate me, but even this doesnt....
You will end up as NEET who stays in a one room flat with the curtains closed 24/7 surviving on Pot Noodles and sitting in front of the TV all day as it will be your only companion. P4160003.JPG
Reply 89
62123e1d401f8f60633cef7f38d2.jpg

...why am I still procrastinating? :rolleyes:
Reply 90
Original post by Bobo1234
Funny, that's what everyone in my year was saying about a month before we were due to get our A-level results. Now I'm halfway through my degree...

Original post by InnerTemple
A colleague of mine got a 2.1 from Cambridge and entered employment as a.... bin man. Not long term though. Just to fill in before he started another course. I know others who left university with good degrees and had to enter jobs which they had previously deemed "below" them before they go to where they wanted to be.

Point being - one's prospects may be high, but you never know where you will end up before you get to where you want to be in life.

Okay guys, because thinking like that is a great source of motivation :smile:
Reply 91
Okay guys, because thinking like that is a great source of motivation :smile:

No, but its realistic.
Reply 92
Original post by keyboard-warrior
Brilliant idea OP, lets make ourselves feel big by making fun of other people!

So true, these types of threads really annoy me. People create them to make themselves feel big. (I dont go to London Met., nor do I work at Asda).
Original post by medbh4805
If I don't revise I'll end up stuck in Northern Ireland for another year :nooo:

Ouch, It's not that bad :colondollar:

If you don't revise you will probably end up with still the same job seeker status as those who went to uni ... But still be hopeful about changing tide :smile:
oooooh this a brilly idea, i'm printing off my 'dream' and 'nightmare' piccies IMMEDIATELY.
youll end up being part of these for a living

[video]http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CEoQtwIwBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imdb.com%2F video%2Fhulu%2Fvi2782330905%2F&ei=pQGCT7GFIcKT0QXnp7n4Bg&usg=AFQjCNHosTmOXpoEBSS9SYkcM4ZZ T5Xj1w[/video]
I'd never want the disappointment I had in my first AS year, never.
in Bangor... I did... :frown:
Original post by Dagnabbit

:p:
I must say, i am geniunely impressed by some of the pictures on here :p:

keep it up :yy:

Quick Reply