The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phoenix07
hey, hope you're alright! Glad you're coming out of hospital but keep yourself safe :smile: worrying about abandonment takes up most of my life so can't really offer any helpful advice, just hugs :hugs:

I'll try my best! Yeah it is a right pain isn't it... Haven't found a good way to get around it either. :hugs:
Original post by bullettheory
I'm getting out of hospital today :biggrin: However still feel very ****, I just can't seem to stop worrying about certain things, especially abandonment. Just seems like it is imminent.

Hey. Well done for getting out, I know how liberating it feels even after a small stay :smile: Keep well.

Had quite a nice day today. Need help with my 500 word personal statement for college. Any takers? :colondollar:
Original post by 35mm_
Had quite a nice day today. Need help with my 500 word personal statement for college. Any takers? :colondollar:

What do you need help with? meant to be doing my dissertation but would be happy to help out for a distraction :smile:
Original post by 35mm_
Hey. Well done for getting out, I know how liberating it feels even after a small stay :smile: Keep well.

What do you need help with? meant to be doing my dissertation but would be happy to help out for a distraction :smile:

Just read it and see if it sounds ok because I really hate it at the moment. I don't know why but it doesn't read well.
Original post by 35mm_
Just read it and see if it sounds ok because I really hate it at the moment. I don't know why but it doesn't read well.

Well I am happy to read through it for you and make any suggestions if you'd like, whats the personal statement for?
Original post by Webberino
That's good. Rather peculiar indeed :tongue:
Wooo! Productivity! Always good! Good luck with the next paper, hope you get the next grade! :hugs:

Was good thanks, went to the meet but didn't really say anything and was the first to leave. :redface:
But lovely people :h:
In the mean time my mum's 72 year old friend came over for a cup of tea and tripped and broke his nose. :dong:
He seems to be ok though, my brother was describing what happened and apparently my mum got rather panicked.

Thanks! I actually got the grade below what I originally got. :sigh: It got to the point where I was just doing them for the sake of doing them so I left them. Over the past week or so I've done 4 biology papers and got 22/60 on all of them :eek: The grade boundaries change each yeah so they're at different grades depending on the difficulty of the paper, but I'm sure you know that :tongue:

There's a part time job going at my local Schuh and I don't know if I should apply. I think I should apply because it will give me something to do over summer and the place is so busy that I won't have time to wallow in self-pity. But then I think the place is so busy that I feel uncomfortable when I'm there as a customer, I'd have to spontaneously talk to people and make conversation which I'm awful at, what if I'm having a particularly tearful day and burst out crying if I get too stressed and nurture lady thinks half the reason I feel the way I do is because I didn't deal with problems when they happened so what if working would be just doing that again as it could distract me from everything that's going on. Not sure what to do.

But at least you went, better than not going whatsoever :smile:
Oh dear! Glad he seems ok, hope it heals quickish :hugs:
Reply 7047
Just thought I would post to say sorry for not posting recently. I have been reading but I just didn't know what to post and I feel bad for not posting and trying to help others like I used to.

I doubt you did, but in case anyone did wonder where I was, I am still here.

I hope that everyone is as ok as they can be and that those who are going to London and Birmingham have a great time.

This is probably my last post on this thread under this account as I am creating another account after my request to change my username was denied (my username is an old nickname that friends have suddenly started using again and I am feeling a little paranoid).

x
Reply 7048
well vicious cycle really .... already been abandoned by most people in my life, just got my bf left now so spend my time panicking about losing him, which pisses him off, so we just spiral down from there really! Worrying is the one thing I am best at :tongue:

Dw I am aware I sound a bit pathetic :tongue: :colondollar: I wish these things didn't bother me, I wish I could live without having to panic about everything, I am just so sick and tired of being me! sorry

Dont be sorry and its not pathetic. I have never had any luck with you ladies. The last girl I took out her BF turned up half way through and proceeded to tell me how much of a tart she is. lol

Im not sure if this will help.... but when ever I have a panic attack I try and ask myself if I have any real proof over what Im panicking about. Usually find that my mind has blown it waaaaayyyyy out of proportion.

Again dont know it will help...:smile:
Original post by warp2125
Dont be sorry and its not pathetic. I have never had any luck with you ladies. The last girl I took out her BF turned up half way through and proceeded to tell me how much of a tart she is. lol

Im not sure if this will help.... but when ever I have a panic attack I try and ask myself if I have any real proof over what Im panicking about. Usually find that my mind has blown it waaaaayyyyy out of proportion.

Again dont know it will help...:smile:

Owh dear, although that is slightly funny ... probably wasn't at the time though!

I do try and convince myself that what I am panicking about isn't real and its just me being silly but my body doesn't seem to listen to my brain telling it that! It does just get rather exhausting really constantly having to panic about everything! and I swear the anti-depressants make the depression better but the anxiety so much worse!

anyway ... are you doing ok then? :smile:
Reply 7050
Owh dear, although that is slightly funny ... probably wasn't at the time though!

I do try and convince myself that what I am panicking about isn't real and its just me being silly but my body doesn't seem to listen to my brain telling it that! It does just get rather exhausting really constantly having to panic about everything! and I swear the anti-depressants make the depression better but the anxiety so much worse!

anyway ... are you doing ok then? :smile:

lol.. Actually to my own surprise I laughed myself silly... it was like having my own Jeremy Kyle show. Hmmmm, is there a diff tablet the docs can give you to help with the anxiety?...
lol.. Actually to my own surprise I laughed myself silly... it was like having my own Jeremy Kyle show. Hmmmm, is there a diff tablet the docs can give you to help with the anxiety?...

well got to love Jeremy Kyle :tongue: Nah docs told me it was citalopram or nothing ... helpful as always lol! but never mine hey, just got to learn to cope with these things I suppose, I don't want it to keep stopping me from doing things! sorry Ill stop ranting at you :colondollar: thanks though :hugs:
Reply 7052
well got to love Jeremy Kyle :tongue: Nah docs told me it was citalopram or nothing ... helpful as always lol! but never mine hey, just got to learn to cope with these things I suppose, I don't want it to keep stopping me from doing things! sorry Ill stop ranting at you :colondollar: thanks though :hugs:

lol.. Nah thats not a rant... I have had alot worse..:wink: There are lots of coping methods on the net... you could to google afew.. maybe one of them will suit you. But I like your attitude... cant let it stop you....you go girl:hugs:
lol.. Nah thats not a rant... I have had alot worse..:wink: There are lots of coping methods on the net... you could to google afew.. maybe one of them will suit you. But I like your attitude... cant let it stop you....you go girl:hugs:

haha well I will try harder in future to rant better then :tongue: but yer I have tried a few, going to try a CBT course when I am home over summer see if that actually helps! Haha, I would love to pretend I actually live by the rule of not letting it stop me, but I rarely do :colondollar: just really annoys me that it has stopped me doing so much, so made it my mission to now stop it from stopping me doing stuff :tongue:
Reply 7054
haha well I will try harder in future to rant better then :tongue: but yer I have tried a few, going to try a CBT course when I am home over summer see if that actually helps! Haha, I would love to pretend I actually live by the rule of not letting it stop me, but I rarely do :colondollar: just really annoys me that it has stopped me doing so much, so made it my mission to now stop it from stopping me doing stuff :tongue:

If its any help you can get CBT books online for free.... least its a start and the methods are pretty good... I have been using them for a while now... really helped me understand what was happening and why.
My best friend is suffering from depression, and I've come across this blog http://howiseeitisthis.blogspot.co.uk/. I can really relate to it, and I found that it helped me to realise how I feel and how he feels too. If you're a sufferer or know someone who is, it may help :smile:
Feeling fragile. My thoughts are a mess.
If its any help you can get CBT books online for free.... least its a start and the methods are pretty good... I have been using them for a while now... really helped me understand what was happening and why.

Fair enough then, I have only tried counselling so far and didn't find that helpful at all ... but I am hoping that CBT will be more helpful! Where can you get CBT books from though?
Reply 7058
Fair enough then, I have only tried counselling so far and didn't find that helpful at all ... but I am hoping that CBT will be more helpful! Where can you get CBT books from though?

Cough, cough >>>> http://www.4shared.com/

Just type in CBT in the search bar. I tried the CBT for dummies.... dont laugh..lol.. but tis easy to read and in clear english...last thing you need when your not feeling too good is to have some ponce spout nonsense at you.

:smile:
Original post by sunfowers01
Feeling fragile. My thoughts are a mess.

:hugs: Anything happened?

Latest