The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6740
When do I get back my passport?
Do I have to enclose self addressed stamped envelope?

No info on this when applying.
I don't know if i'm asking a stupid question but i'm really confused, I've already applied for my maintenance loan and fees loan, that's all done. But what about the maintenance grant? is that a separate application or do they do it automatically on top of the maintenance loan? any help would be really appreciated :smile:
Reply 6742
Original post by Quexx
Quick question...

How would I get my SFE account/application deleted or reset?

I done it. Basically ring up SFE. just say you want your 12/13 student support application to be deleted. This was your account doesn't get deleted it basically just deletes the application for next year. You can then redo the application If you want.

SFE might say no and it's not possible, it is! It's probably an inexperienced worker. Just ring up again, I had to ring twice!
Reply 6743
Original post by smiles123
I don't know if i'm asking a stupid question but i'm really confused, I've already applied for my maintenance loan and fees loan, that's all done. But what about the maintenance grant? is that a separate application or do they do it automatically on top of the maintenance loan? any help would be really appreciated :smile:

If you chose for your application to be income assessed and provided whatever evidence SF ask for then your application will automatically be assessed for a maintenance grant.
Reply 6744
Original post by Alpha5
I done it. Basically ring up SFE. just say you want your 12/13 student support application to be deleted. This was your account doesn't get deleted it basically just deletes the application for next year. You can then redo the application If you want.

SFE might say no and it's not possible, it is! It's probably an inexperienced worker. Just ring up again, I had to ring twice!

Thanks very much! But what happens if you ring up twice and you get the same person? xD

Also, just to make sure, when you phone them do you press 1 or 4? (Created a student finance applicant or want to edit details on student finance application)
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi, I'm currently in the process of applying for student finance and I know I'm entitled to the full maintenance loan (waaay below the threshold level) but my account is showing me this:

student finance table.jpg

I don't understand why it's saying N/A next to the maintenance grant? My friends who have completed student finance say theirs didn't say this....does this mean they're not giving me the grant?

P.S. I already tried to call them, they kept me waiting for ages so I hung up.
Reply 6746
Original post by alexsasg
Hi, I'm currently in the process of applying for student finance and I know I'm entitled to the full maintenance loan (waaay below the threshold level) but my account is showing me this:

student finance table.jpg

I don't understand why it's saying N/A next to the maintenance grant? My friends who have completed student finance say theirs didn't say this....does this mean they're not giving me the grant?

P.S. I already tried to call them, they kept me waiting for ages so I hung up.

It always says "N/A", to everyone, because you don't request it - you're automatically assessed for it if you choose for your application to be income assessed.
Reply 6747
Hi, my parents receive part of their income through dividends. I was wondering whether this comes under the "Did you receive any other income during 2010/11 tax year that you haven't yet told us about?" as there is no where stating anything about dividends. Help would be much appreciated.
Original post by Shani
It always says "N/A", to everyone, because you don't request it - you're automatically assessed for it if you choose for your application to be income assessed.

Ah okay, thanks! I'll can continue with the rest of the application then. :smile:
Reply 6749
I am an applicant came from other country 4 years ago, as i just found out 2 weeks ago that i need a national insurance card number in order to register, but i dont have one, i sent an application form to the office the week before with an attachment saying its quite urgent, just in case if i didnt get the number before the 31st what would happen to me, can some one pls help me out, thanks a billion!! and does anyone know where can i get the questionnaire, cos my parents and me are not living at the same place, so i can prepare a bit and not leave it till last minute.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi there

I m an EU student, from Hungary and just got admitted to the University of Abeerden. I have started to fill out the SAAS application form but i would have a few questions.

1. I studied in Denmark for 1 semester from last september until january this year. I quitted the academy (I guess it wasn't a university nor a college, just an academy). I t was a BA course but i just finished the 1 semester. Does it count as a course? Studying in DK is free for EU students so i m not sure what should i do about it..... i really dont want to loose that financial support form SAAS just because of this 6 months in DK

These are the questions regarding past courses:
Have you been in any education since leaving school?*
Have you changed college or university this year?

2. Do you plan to continue working full-time or part-time during your course?*
I am not sure yet but i think i will try to work. But i haven't ever worked in the UK so i cannot continue it :biggrin: o i guess it is no... or?

3. At "Course title" should i choose "EU UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE" or "OTHER" so i can write that MA in Accounting or Finance

I think i will contact SAAS but in the meantime please help me! :smile:
Hi, i have a question about SAAS too. im applying for college and university just incase i dont get in ... do i have to fill out two seperate forms ?
Reply 6752
Hi,

Any help will be appreciated, and rep will be given.

If my parents have separated, i.e. my Dad has moved out, what do I do in my form?

Will I be able to put my Mum's income only to get the financial help I need?

Or will I need official proof of the separation? If so, what types of proof will I need?

Thank you very much.
Reply 6753
Original post by Quexx
Thanks very much! But what happens if you ring up twice and you get the same person? xD

Also, just to make sure, when you phone them do you press 1 or 4? (Created a student finance applicant or want to edit details on student finance application)

I pressed 4, though it does take a while to get through. Chances are you won't get the same person, worst case scenario just hang up and ring again!
Original post by tarsing
Hi,

If my parents have separated, i.e. my Dad has moved out, what do I do in my form?

Or will I need official proof of the separation? If so, what types of proof will I need?

Thank you very much.

Yep you have to only put in the details of the parent you live with. I am in the same situation as you. :smile:
Reply 6755
Im just coming to the end of an HND and have firmed a place for uni in September. Ive applied for uni but have been asked to supply evidence regarding my identity...even though I've been receiving student finance for the last 2 years. Is this normal, or should I call them to query it? :/
Reply 6756
Original post by tarsing
Hi,

Thank you very much.

Only the income of the parent you live with is used for your assessment.

Some "proof" that your parents have seperated will be needed. Clearly as your parents aren't divorced, that kind of paperwork isn't available. Your mum will probably need to visit a solicitor and have them write a letter confirming the separation. However, I have heard of cases where student finance have accepted a council tax statement showing single person's discount as proof of separation.
This has probably been asked numerous times but there are too many pages and the search function isn't giving me anything useful, so I'd be really grateful if someone could reply :biggrin:

My question is: Will any bank account work for applying for Student Finance? It doesn't have to be a student account, right? And does it need to be a current account? I've only got a savings account at the moment... bit stuck. Thanks guys
Original post by MisanthropicLemon
This has probably been asked numerous times but there are too many pages and the search function isn't giving me anything useful, so I'd be really grateful if someone could reply :biggrin:

My question is: Will any bank account work for applying for Student Finance? It doesn't have to be a student account, right? And does it need to be a current account? I've only got a savings account at the moment... bit stuck. Thanks guys

Doesn't have to be a student account :smile:
Reply 6759
I have not decided on a university yet, but one is in London the other is not. What would happen if I chose the one not in London for Student Finance and then ended up going with the London one? Would I be stuck with the same amount for the non-London one?

I asked this a few weeks ago, but still haven't been able to solve it - I need to send evidence to Student Finance but I have absolutely no one to fill in the identity confirmation part. I have tried my GP but he said he would check to see if it is something he could do, but that was two or three weeks ago and I am running out of time. I have no one else. What should I do? The only problem is having known them for two years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending