The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7620
Original post by ginger-snap
Update the spreadsheet!!!! I had my first rehearsal as an understudy today, and have now already been promoted to FULL CAST MEMBER!!! I can't believe it. I actually almost started crying as I left the rehearsal, it seems so unreal after months hanging on as a reserve, convinced it was never going to happen, then suddenly understudy to now finally be a fully fledged member of the cast in the space of a few days.

Gosh I welled up just reading that. How absolutely wonderful for you and it's a great inspiration/motivator for the other deserves and understudies. Just magic!

How did they do it? Call your name/number out at the end and ask you to stay behind? E-mail?

Also so happy for you sukied00 after the long wait.
Update the spreadsheet!!!! I had my first rehearsal as an understudy today, and have now already been promoted to FULL CAST MEMBER!!! I can't believe it. I actually almost started crying as I left the rehearsal, it seems so unreal after months hanging on as a reserve, convinced it was never going to happen, then suddenly understudy to now finally be a fully fledged member of the cast in the space of a few days.

There were at least 4 other new understudies at my rehearsal who, like me, had been called on Wednesday. All 4 of us have now been given full roles, so the drop-out rate is quite significant, and more people will be needing drafted in. However, it seemed less so for the men, as some had been understudies from the start but still didn't have a place.

Was also amused to meet some people who said they follow our discussion thread here, but didn't actually contribute, so there are many more who follow us, even if they don't actually post.

Excellent news! My theory's correct then. Understudies become Cast Members eventually and Reserves become Understudies.

I'm so happy for you ginger-snap :biggrin::dancing2:
Congratulations ginger snap and sukied00 :biggrin:

Really feel for those kids who were conned in Northamptonshire :frown:

Still pinching ourselves at home that Tiny D is actually going to be in it as part of the TSR cohort.She is the youngest in the ballet according to her cast coordinator.
Update the spreadsheet!!!! I had my first rehearsal as an understudy today, and have now already been promoted to FULL CAST MEMBER!!!

Was also amused to meet some people who said they follow our discussion thread here, but didn't actually contribute, so there are many more who follow us, even if they don't actually post.

Wooohoooo! Congrats! I think you are our first reserve to understudy to cast member! I shall update as soon as I get home from stadium! That gives me a few hours to figure out how to record it!

And hey lurkers - post and say hi! We don't bite - often!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by adelie27

Anyone going to the hockey on Sunday ?

Yes, I am! Afternoon session. See you there?

Are Games Makers currently getting their driver training? I saw dozens of London2012-branded shiny BMWs today. The drivers looked highly concentrated, occasionally unsure, and they had people with clipboards on the back seats.
Original post by Flakeydom
Wooohoooo! Congrats! I think you are our first reserve to understudy to cast member! I shall update as soon as I get home from stadium! That gives me a few hours to figure out how to record it!

And hey lurkers - post and say hi! We don't bite - often!

I reckon there'll be more Understudies being promoted to Cast Members very shortly - judging by the "drop out" rate. It'll be interesting to see whether the Understudy that's in my little group in rehearsal will get full Cast status as she's been in my group "standing in" for the "no show" two rehearsals on the trot. I suppose all will be revealed at my next rehearsal.
Suggestion Flakeydom. Maybe have those who are Understudies that are now Cast Members in a different colour? Sorry I'm being a "back seat driver" here. I'll keep schtoom as the spreadsheet's your baby and don't want to spoil it.
I'm praying that I get promoted to full cast member!!!

My first rehearsal is next Saturday, this is their 3rd rehearsal. So excited!!

x
Original post by sukied00
First rehearsal 12th May......a couple of clashes but can work with it, guess I will have to do a day trip for friends wedding in Scotland!!

Congratulations and welcome to section 44B!

We do not have a rehearsal on the 12th May so I reckon they might be doing a "catch up" for all the newbies.

So excited for you!
Reply 7629
Original post by commonliner
Yes, I am! Afternoon session. See you there?

QUOTE]

Excellent, I am at afternoon session too -will look out for you. Am going with my teenage son and daughter, and really looking forward to it ! My daughter also went with the school earlier in the week and is now badgering me to find her a hockey club. So, at least in my household, there's a bit of 'inspiring the younger generation' going on.
Reply 7630
Original post by Pinnerite
Adelie I have 2 tickets for the men's bronze play-off and final on Sunday pm and evening. I have my final tap festival Sunday pm so it is likely my son and a friend will take the tickets. Otherwise I may get to the evening session. Which session are you going to.

Yes, thats our session !
Reply 7631
10 facts on the stadium from the beeb, the last comment made me laugh...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17905304

Hope those of you going tonight have fun. I just read that the Military Wives Choir will be performing, I 'd love to see them live. Blow a kiss to Gareth Malone for me?

My brother has got free tickets because his film company work for one of the sponsers so shockingly he is beating me to the stadium! Mind you, given that I can't perform in the Opening I'm kinda glad that my first experience inside the stadium will be so wowsome. I compete in University sport and I think it's so cool that they are getting the chance to perform in the Olympic stadium. Look forward to hearing about the evening.
Reply 7632
Original post by brownbear1
Hi a slightly random question ...if I wanted to pull out all my comments so I could read them ...is it possible without having to trawl through . I'm keeping a journal of the whole Olympic experience and I'm sure my thoughts of the last 11 weeks will be an interesting record ( well to me at least !!!) Any techies can help

I'd love to stick the whole thing in my Olympic journal but I just don't think it'll be possible!
Original post by 42RAFIKI
10 facts on the stadium from the beeb, the last comment made me laugh...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17905304

Hope those of you going tonight have fun. I just read that the Military Wives Choir will be performing, I 'd love to see them live. Blow a kiss to Gareth Malone for me?

My brother has got free tickets because his film company work for one of the sponsers so shockingly he is beating me to the stadium! Mind you, given that I can't perform in the Opening I'm kinda glad that my first experience inside the stadium will be so wowsome. I compete in University sport and I think it's so cool that they are getting the chance to perform in the Olympic stadium. Look forward to hearing about the evening.

This is very interesting. Some unknown facts here. Thanks for sharing!!!!:smile:
Original post by Dancerwoman
Suggestion Flakeydom. Maybe have those who are Understudies that are now Cast Members in a different colour?

Good idea but am running out of colours - and harder to count on pivot table. I have an understudy column - I think I will just make that a P for promoted!

Just met Pinnerite before festivities really kick off and now in the bar queue!

Amazing venue - will post pics later...
Original post by 42RAFIKI
Gosh I welled up just reading that. How absolutely wonderful for you and it's a great inspiration/motivator for the other deserves and understudies. Just magic!

How did they do it? Call your name/number out at the end and ask you to stay behind? E-mail?

It was rather confusing in terms of communication. We understudies were given no guidance despite being 3 rehearsals behind. 2 of the understudies were called out during the first tea-break. Later we all went for costume fitting but only the 2 earlier called aside had numbers and were fitted, while I and another understudy were told there was no point as they didn't know where we would go yet. Then later, they called us again and did our costumes after all and told us a number. But they never actually told any of us what it meant (i.e. if that was us actually full cast, or if they were just assigning us understudy-roles) so we were all a bit confused & at the end we asked the coordinator if having a number meant we were "in", to which the answer was "yes". Confusing, but amazing when they confirmed. It was just as we were leaving, and I walked out the door and started blubbing with joy & relief. :')

I so so hope more of you reserved get the chance too. The 2 guy understudies said that every rehearsal new female understudies came in, and we're then promptly moved to full cast. So it keeps moving. I'll keep all my fingers crossed for you.
Reply 7636
Just got home from the Water Polo, and the opening of the stadium.
The water polo was fabulous. and it was great to see the university athletes competing in the stadium
It was freezing in the stadium! BUT, the icing on the cake was towards the end, a certain Mr D B arrived next to us and his team were Practising a couple of things! Obviously I am not going to post what they were doing here as I have to keep things confidential, but he and the rest of his team had huge smiles on their faces, so things must be looking good.

It was amazing to be in the stadium, and the rest of the Olympic Park too.
Original post by adelie27
Excellent, I am at afternoon session too -will look out for you. Am going with my teenage son and daughter, and really looking forward to it ! My daughter also went with the school earlier in the week and is now badgering me to find her a hockey club. So, at least in my household, there's a bit of 'inspiring the younger generation' going on.

Great, will look out for you as well. I am going with a friend who lives in the new military base opposite the stadium...she wants to see what the missiles on her roof are supposed to protect...I can see how this might change one's take on the Olympics...

On Friday, I happened to meet two non-TSR (I think) February auditionees, one guy who hasn't heard yet and a lady who is in the Para Opening & Closing, she couldn't remember her segment number, though, apart from 'B'.
Well my second visit to the stadium tonight! It was bitterly cold - hope it will be warmer in June/July for rehearsals! Unlike e.g. at Wembley all the food stalls are outside the stadium itself and sadly that is one area they will have to improve on as there were long queues and they had sold out of much of the food well before the festivities began, although some replacements did arrive. First day jitters perhaps. The food available was quite varied- sandwiches, waffles, jacket potatoes, roast meat etc. and seemed of good quality and there was one bar that I saw and there were pub type outdoor tables and benches to sit at.

The security was extremely slick and the toilets were numerous with no queues although the ones outside in the village were only signposted by paper notices with 'toilet' written in biro! The signs were almost exclusively in English only although we did queue up on 'Pont B'. It was lovely to see Flakeydom! I shall be sorry to miss Adelie and Commonliner tomorrow for the hockey although my son will be there. Take some warm clothing guys! The bronze play-off is at 3.45 and the final is at 6.30.

Cinnamon I did not know you were going to be there! You could have met up with me and Flakeydom! How fabulous to see DB there - he is so friendly and we had quite a chat the other day. I am intrigued as to what they were practising....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17954553
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7639
I was with my sister and it was the first time I had seen a water polo match it was incredibly noisy and exciting.

Quite a few people left the stadium before the end as it was so cold, and we were asked to move from our section into the next section to fill it up.
We wondered why, and then D B and his team arrived!
They practiced 2 movements with our section twice over!

I suspect some people wondered why they were doing it but of course being part of this process I knew exactly what they were up to.

Latest