The Student Room Group

OCR AS Salters Chemistry F332 - Wednesday 23rd May 2012 1:30pm

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Legit gonna fail this paper :'( Just started ES revision and don't know anything about PR :frown: :frown: :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 81
ahh.. did the mock (jan 12) paper today in class and i think i failed ;( not a good sign seeing as the exam is in 2weeks!! has anyone analysed or make notes on the advance notice? :frown:
Reply 82
Original post by Faaab:)
Guys can someone clarify for me that in the advanced notice, on page 4, the first reaction is propogation? 2nd is termination? cheers

Yeah. This might help as well, some is more than we need however;
http://www.chemguide.co.uk/mechanisms/freerad/polymtt.html
Reply 83
Which questions did you find diffcult???
Reply 84
Original post by megank
ahh.. did the mock (jan 12) paper today in class and i think i failed ;( not a good sign seeing as the exam is in 2weeks!! has anyone analysed or make notes on the advance notice? :frown:

Which questions for jan 12 did you find diffcult???
Reply 85
Original post by ManPowa
Which questions for jan 12 did you find diffcult???

i was 4 marks off an A... slightly annoyed :/ the advance notice questions were difficult... like the calculation and the last question :frown:... thinking about it now i couldve done much better because i forgot how hydrogen bondings are formed and dipoles etc... urgh... need to do loads more revision
Reply 86
Original post by megank
i was 4 marks off an A... slightly annoyed :/ the advance notice questions were difficult... like the calculation and the last question :frown:... thinking about it now i couldve done much better because i forgot how hydrogen bondings are formed and dipoles etc... urgh... need to do loads more revision

But the last question you do not really have to do. My teachers gives us a mark out of 80 because the article is invalid and we just concentrate on our actual article which we will do in May and dont even look at ouR mock ones.
Reply 87
Our college is reasonably good in my area, (we are a state school). We got 7 As ,including me, out of about 60 students doing chemistry in F331 and a few getting over 10 in each Skills test, I got 11,11,12,11. And i think I got 6/6 in Skills 1 (which will probably be scaled to 11 or 12).
Good idea on focusing on F332, 150 UMS!!!!!

Edit: Anyone know how Skills one actually works??
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 88
Original post by ManPowa
But the last question you do not really have to do. My teachers gives us a mark out of 80 because the article is invalid and we just concentrate on our actual article which we will do in May and dont even look at ouR mock ones.

Yea but my class still had to do it :frown: but its okay i guess because some of the questions were answerable without the article tbh... oh well... i wished our pre release was shorter tho... :/ its too long and takes time to scan through it in the exma
Reply 89
Same actually and i found it quite difficult to draw the structures (the HCl) one :frown:
Reply 90
is skill one just the general practical skills? my teacher says everyone will get 12...
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 91
just flicked through my notes.. do we actually need to know the pi bonds and sigma bonds?? because i never properly understood them.. and also they dont seem to come up in the previous past papers :/
Reply 92
Original post by megank
just flicked through my notes.. do we actually need to know the pi bonds and sigma bonds?? because i never properly understood them.. and also they dont seem to come up in the previous past papers :/

Nope. I always use the specification as a check-list during my revision. Then you know exactly what you should know...
Reply 93
Original post by chrisduck
Nope. I always use the specification as a check-list during my revision. Then you know exactly what you should know...

Oh thats good! yeah i printed it out but havnt touched it since... :/
Reply 94
I wish this exam was closer...
Reply 95
Original post by Zhy
I wish this exam was closer...

I think Your readyy LOL
I hate the practical part of chemistry so much! In all the skill parts which were about answering questions i got 12/12 and 11/12 but then i got 7/12 for the practicals and we retook them as well!. and all together i got 45/60 marks for the practical skills! I got an A in january but I am going to need a very high A in the f332 exam to get an A overall. :eek:

How did everyone else find the practical skills?
If anyone got high marks in the practicals, how did you do it ?
Reply 97
Original post by thegreenchildren
I hate the practical part of chemistry so much! In all the skill parts which were about answering questions i got 12/12 and 11/12 but then i got 7/12 for the practicals and we retook them as well!. and all together i got 45/60 marks for the practical skills! I got an A in january but I am going to need a very high A in the f332 exam to get an A overall. :eek:

How did everyone else find the practical skills?
If anyone got high marks in the practicals, how did you do it ?

I found them alright.. got 56/60.. retook all of the ones that i didnt get full marks on (observation, intepretation, calculation) but none of them went up :frown: questions were too hard! but oh well..
Reply 98
I got 58/60 in the skills, but had to retake 2 of them.

Well, I'd just like the exam to be closer because I can get it out of the way. I would prefer it if it was on Monday 21st May or perhaps even Monday 14th May so I can get more time to revise for physics, D2 and M4. Those are the exams I'm most worried about.

I just revise by doing every past paper multiple times. I do them until I can recite every answer to every question I see without thinking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending