The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Thank god it's over. :biggrin: :woo:
Reply 101
Found okish exam, just mucked up abit on the 2 15 markers >.< how about everyone else
I answers
1) Are the checks and balances still effective (worried i didnt write enough / at all about how they dont work)

2) How is the of the supreme court contriversial (I ended up writing about how it has 9 members and how the judges serve for live >.< Dam it!)

3) How much influence does the presient have over legislation (Think i did very well on this one putting in loads of examples :smile: )

4)Is the supreme court to powerful to be an unelected body? (Wrote 5 pages :biggrin: Best essay yet)

Now i can enjoy summer :')!
Reply 102
I thought the exam was pretty easy to be honest, the topics were amongst my stronger ones though, I wrote loads. :eek: :biggrin: God knows how I will do though. :eek:

I did the same but I did the House and Senate Question, instead of the president & legislation.
Reply 103
We are ment to do both sides for the 15 markers arnt we? =/ kinda only put a 1 side view for the "checks and balances" question. Nvm at least ill still get soem knowlage marks i guess. Ya i thought the legislation was a good question tbh, could write loads about his power to veto, how he can propose legislation thoguh the state of union adress, how he has to purswade ect ect ect :')
Reply 104
I don't think it matters as long as you have enough good point.s. :confused: I filled by sheets but my writing is massive so I porbably didn't write all that much.

In hindsight it was the better question (presidency & executive) but I think wierdly in exams. :o: :p: :biggrin:
Reply 105
This was nicer than the other one, maybe I was just more prepared :h:

I remember doing the influence of the presidency and checks and balances questions. Dont remember the 3rd one though.

And then I did about how the SC was unelected question for the 45 mark one. That was the only one I could do! WTF @ the foreign policy and whatever the other question was :woo:
Reply 106
I agree, i could MAYBE do a forign policy 15 marker, but 45? no way. Thought the S.C 45 marker was perfect, just have to tie my points back to the question about them not being elected each time to make sure they were relevant :smile:
Reply 107
Haha yeah exactly :smile:

I think they've been harsh with the 45 mark questions though, when you look at the January and the Specimen paper all the 45 markers were way easier and straight forward!
Reply 108
Just read up the definition for the question of "How is the composition of the supreme court contirversial" I wasnt sure what composition meant so i looked it up and found out it meant how they are formed xD Guess i wrote some points on it at least =/

Latest

Trending

Trending