The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Accommodation Choices & Chat Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like that question! Is there anyway you can also check the gender balance in your flat, like you could when you booked?
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 741
Original post by Luked30
Posted from TSR Mobile

I like that question! Is there anyway you can also check the gender balance in your flat, like you could when you booked?

When you apply for your halls you pick your room on this floor plan thing. Underneath it will have the spaces available, in the spaces that aren't vacant it will have either a 'M' or a 'F' indicating males and females in that particular flat.
Original post by Jinx95
When you apply for your halls you pick your room on this floor plan thing. Underneath it will have the spaces available, in the spaces that aren't vacant it will have either a 'M' or a 'F' indicating males and females in that particular flat.

Yes, of course but im wondering if you can do this after you have applied! id like to know if there is still a space
Reply 743
Original post by Luked30
Yes, of course but im wondering if you can do this after you have applied! id like to know if there is still a space

Afaik you can't after you've made your application. I've been trying to find the floor plans ever since I made my application but I couldn't find them on halls.bangor.ac.uk anywhere. May be worth messaging one oft he Bangor accounts on here and asking.
Anyone staying in Crafnant? Floor 1?
Original post by charj98
Do you know how we can view the floor plan of our halls once wevhace booked our room

Hi there,

Please follow the link below to have a tour of a room in the building you will be living in:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/info.php.en

It might not be your exact room, but they are all the same :smile: Hope this helps

Sera (Bangor Official Rep)
Reply 746
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi there,

Please follow the link below to have a tour of a room in the building you will be living in:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/info.php.en

It might not be your exact room, but they are all the same :smile: Hope this helps

Sera (Bangor Official Rep)

Do you have the floor plans? When we booked we could see the floor plan of our rooms that's what I'm trying to find, do you know where I can get these ?
I got an offer from Bangor, do i need to first accept it then i can choose the standard room? Thank you.
Original post by charj98
Do you have the floor plans? When we booked we could see the floor plan of our rooms that's what I'm trying to find, do you know where I can get these ?

what hall have you booked into? :smile:
Is anyone in Adda? I am going to be room D013
Original post by AimeeLucy95
Is anyone in Adda? I am going to be room D013

You should ask in the 'Bangor University Freshers 2016 - 2017' group on Facebook, I've seen plenty of people in Adda post!
Reply 751
Original post by Harri2648
what hall have you booked into? :smile:

Enlli you?
Original post by charj98
Enlli you?

I'm currently a first year staying in Alaw. Alaw, Peris & Enlli are in a row and exactly the same lay out, I could send you a photo of what my room looks like when I move out if you want? :smile:
Reply 753
I'm currently a first year staying in Alaw. Alaw, Peris & Enlli are in a row and exactly the same lay out, I could send you a photo of what my room looks like when I move out if you want? :smile:

Yes please! That would be great! I picked that building because I assumed it would be the quietest
Are they more quiet then the other accommodation Buildings? As they're futher away?
Sorry for all the questions
Original post by charj98
Yes please! That would be great! I picked that building because I assumed it would be the quietest
Are they more quiet then the other accommodation Buildings? As they're futher away?
Sorry for all the questions

I'll do it the day I move out for you :smile: the quietest is Borth, but Alaw, Enlli and Peris are also fairly quiet halls! There the furthest away from the Bar Uno as their close to the sports facilities x

No problem! If you have any questions at all then feel free to message me x
Reply 755
I'll do it the day I move out for you :smile: the quietest is Borth, but Alaw, Enlli and Peris are also fairly quiet halls! There the furthest away from the Bar Uno as their close to the sports facilities x

No problem! If you have any questions at all then feel free to message me x

Thank you!
I'm rather excited is there anything in particular that you need to bring with you that you just really don't think off?
Original post by charj98
Thank you!
I'm rather excited is there anything in particular that you need to bring with you that you just really don't think off?

An Ethernet lead for your laptop! Being so close to the mountains the wifi can sometimes cut off! Their fairly cheap to buy and they sell them on site on Ffridd! Also, if you've found your flat mates work out among you what to bring that you only need 1 of etc. like an iron, a drainer for your dishes and stuff like that. I never did that so we ended up with no drainer and about 5 irons :')
Anyone in Peris? :smile:
Hello! I am a second year student at Bangor. I was going to live in a private hall for students this academic year but my plans changed drastically and I am no longer able to live there. The hall is very close to the university (5 mins walk), which was what I loved about it in the first place, but also across the street from Aldi and a couple of minutes walk from High Street. The studio in which I was supposed to live is a Gold Plus Studio consisting of own bathroom, kitchen area, bed, armchair, closet, desk with chair - a surface of 27 M2. The rent is £183/w, all bills included. This rent is per studio, not person, so it is suitable for couples (I was intending to live with my girlfriend there). The hall also has its own laudry room, garden, car park and common room (with xbox and tennis table). There are activities organised regularly for the hall residents. This is the last Studio available from Fresh Student Living (http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/). You can find the plan of the room on their website. And here are some photos we took.
If anyone is interested please do send me a pm.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick message to let you know that not all accommodation around Bangor is owned by the University. Follow the link below for more information on the University's halls of residence:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/info

Thanks and I hope you are all enjoying the summer holidays :smile:

Sera (Bangor University Official Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest