The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozzyoscy
The recent one I got with a gift card and the one before on a key site, so anything up to £10 or £15 depending how patient I am. I play the modes, a few matches and then I'm done for the year. The last one I still play regularlyish is 2007 and the very first one (exactly the same with Football Manager).

What console? I've got WWE 2K15 PS4 on my ebay account :biggrin:
Original post by Drex50
What console? I've got WWE 2K15 PS4 on my ebay account :biggrin:

PC, because the DLC is free, even though it would cheaper to play on console due to being able to sell it afterward.
PC, because the DLC is free, even though it would cheaper to play on console due to being able to sell it afterward.

Do you buy the accelerator?

Do you buy digital or physical PC game?
Reply 5203
The biggest issue facing SmackDown right now is Ziggler's credibility. Who, realistically, thinks he's actually in with a shout of taking the strap from
Ambrose? He's a makeshift contender - clearly just in place while AJ Styles or Bray becomes free.*
Original post by Drex50
Do you buy the accelerator?

Do you buy digital or physical PC game?

No I didn't need to, ALL the DLC is free on PC.

Digital, not that there's really a difference between digital and physical on PC any more.
No I didn't need to, ALL the DLC is free on PC.

Digital, not that there's really a difference between digital and physical on PC any more.

Indeed, I wonder how long before physical PC dies a death

Germany is the biggest PC market in EMEA however and they still buy more physical PC than digital
Anyone hear what Russo said about Balor beating Rusev? Pretty rich coming from the guy who booked David Arquette winning the world title, oh and overall WCW. Bash at the beach 2000 being his career defining moment.
Reply 5207
Original post by Greedoshotfirst
Anyone hear what Russo said about Balor beating Rusev? Pretty rich coming from the guy who booked David Arquette winning the world title, oh and overall WCW. Bash at the beach 2000 being his career defining moment.

Russo is nothing but a spiteful, washed up mess.
Heyman was in the UK talking up a conspiracy on Lesnar-Taker at WM30.. don't buy it at all - Taker wanted Lesnar's credibility as a UFC beast to take his record and that's what it was.
Reply 5209
Original post by Aky786UK
Heyman was in the UK talking up a conspiracy on Lesnar-Taker at WM30.. don't buy it at all - Taker wanted Lesnar's credibility as a UFC beast to take his record and that's what it was.

No way.
A great orator though, if you were 50-50 on it, you would be inclined to believe him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5211
Original post by Aky786UK
A great orator though, if you were 50-50 on it, you would be inclined to believe him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't believe WWE have been so reluctant to extend his current deal. I know he and the company have had their history, but Christ, the man could sell ice to a polar bear. Heyman is king of the spoken word.
Why should we buy Rusev as a challenger to Reigns when he's beaten him about 10 times clean as a whistle on Smackdown/RAW? Roman is way above the US Title anyway ffs.
Reply 5213
I think having Roman go toe to toe with Rusev is massively smart from WWE Creative. Think about it: Roman can't be a main event challenger any time soon, due to a variety of circumstances. I personally agree with him being above the US Championship level, but pitting him against an out-an-out heel who doesn't get any "cool" cheers (i.e. not Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins et al) is clever.

Having Rusev beat Roman cements the Bulgarian's dominance and potential in the New Era, but likewise, a victory for Roman could lead to a decent programme with somebody like Sami Zayn or Cesaro (who is clearly set for big things after WWE showcased his ability against Sheamus towards the end of RAW), and allow Reigns to finally become a fully-fledged heel.

It was another fantastic RAW episode - but marred slightly by Big E's injury. You wonder whether this will lead WWE to taking the straps from the New Day and giving them to the Club. It would make sense, given the longevity of the New Day's reign and the need to establish the Club as a separate entity from AJ Styles due to their split after the Brand Extension/Draft.

I loved the opening segment, which gave the women's division a chance to shine and pitted Sasha Banks against Chris Jericho in a verbal. As ever, Enzo Amore killed it on the mic and Kevin Owens was entertaining on commentary for the mixed gender match. In truth, I could have done without that tag bout - and I was fuming when Banks lost - but it adds tension to her programme with Charlotte.

WWE are clearly hot on Braun Strowman - he ran through another local competitor - but the quicker The Shining Stars disappear from my screen the better. Then again, they're being tasked with fighting The Golden Truth and the tag team division minnows, so what hope do they have?

Finn Balor and Seth Rollins facing off was just brilliant - full of great verbals and tension, with two great in-ring storytellers. I am so stoked for this feud. Balor is such an asset to the main roster, and will be a main event player on RAW for years. Rollins was excellent in the main event, too. I can never tire of him and Zayn wrestling, though the latter is in need of direction now.

The character development of Darren Young is interesting and something WWE needs to continue developing, but I'm worried we're heading for a Young vs. Backlund match somewhere down the line.

Also, welcome back Jinder Mahal!
Reply 5214
Hm. Weird episode of RAW, that.

I've got to be honest, I'm really glad Kevin Owens is teaming up with Chris Jericho to take on Enzo and Cass at SummerSlam. Sure, Owens probably deserves a higher spot on the card - but the promos will be fantastic between the four competitors. Owens is a great talker, Jericho is doing the best work he has done since his initial run when he was introduced post-WCW, and Enzo and Cass are just dynamite. Going up against Owens/Jericho keeps Enzo and Cass relevant without them competing for gold, too. The abrupt end to the opening segment on RAW felt weird, though, and it set the tone for an odd evening.

I wouldn't have personally dominated so long for the feud between the four, and I also wouldn't have had Cass draw the disqualification with a big boot when Enzo took on Jericho in singles competition. The singles bouts were largely underwhelming - especially Strowman running over another local competitor in yet another squash (where's this going?) and Titus O'Neil/Darren Young's rematch, which was largely redundant and pointless.

Again, Cesaro and Sheamus squared off in a match which we've seen so many times before. I'd love the former to have some relevance post-Brand Extension, but both of these stars are treading water and despite WWE's insistence on pitting them together for a stellar match-up every Monday night, they need a decent feud - not with each other.

It was awesome to see Neville so electric in his tone and ring work, and refreshing to see the Dudley Boyz back in RAW action. Pitting Neville with Sin Cara isn't the worst idea - and I'm a fan of tag-teams made of singles competitors. These men, when the Cruiserweight division opens, will be two of the key components. Their tag team, if it stays together, has London/Kendrick potential. The interesting end to the bout perhaps hints at a Dudley Boyz split.

RAW posted largely disappointing ratings last night, for the first time since the Draft, and it was disappointing to see WWE revert to slapstick comedy in the Rusev/Lana wedding angle - despite Reigns getting over as a babyface during it - and reverting to penis jokes during the New Day/Club feud. Much better was Seth Rollins' promo, who proved again he's the best talker (aside from Paul Heyman) in the company.
Alberto del Rio and Paige getting each other hooked on meth no doubt, both happen to be suspended for 30 days now. Oh an Eva Marie, if anyone cares.
Reply 5216
Alberto del Rio and Paige getting each other hooked on meth no doubt, both happen to be suspended for 30 days now. Oh an Eva Marie, if anyone cares.

I'd be fuming.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Report-WWE-Wont-Punish-Brock-Lesnar-for-Failed-UFC-200-Drug-Tests-108953
**** sake Paige :sad:
Reply 5218
WWE is so weird at the minute - having Reigns/Rusev clash on RAW before a PPV, and displaying Balor's Demon King gimmick for free on Monday night rather than adding prestige to SummerSlam and boosting subscribers.

No wonder two-strike Randy Orton wants to go part-time.

Quick Reply

Latest