The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Hi,
I'm hoping to study Economics and Management (the 4 year course with a year in industry). I looked and saw that the course in clearing already and was just wondering what exactly this means? Also, I was just wondering if it might be possible to find out how popular the course is this year I.e. How many applicants (as you found out for the person above ). I'm fairly certain I've missed my offer of ABB due to an awful last exam, and was wondering what my chances were of still getting an offer? I understand it ultimately comes down to the individual, but there must be a rough guide of what minimum grades would be required for the course? Thanks.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Hi, have a unconditional offer for Product Design Engineering. I was wondering if there was a list of equipment/software programs that we would need to buy before start of term? If so where could I find this?
Reply 482
Please can anyone studying maths subjects at Loughborough let me know how they find it
Many thanks in advance
Original post by samm98
Hi,
I'm hoping to study Economics and Management (the 4 year course with a year in industry). I looked and saw that the course in clearing already and was just wondering what exactly this means? Also, I was just wondering if it might be possible to find out how popular the course is this year I.e. How many applicants (as you found out for the person above ). I'm fairly certain I've missed my offer of ABB due to an awful last exam, and was wondering what my chances were of still getting an offer? I understand it ultimately comes down to the individual, but there must be a rough guide of what minimum grades would be required for the course? Thanks.

Hi samm98

Great to hear that you're hoping to join us here at Loughborough. :smile:

Yes, Clearing will be showing for all courses because a number of non-A Level results (such as the IB etc.) have already been released. Applicants awaiting their A level results are not eligible to apply through Clearing until they have received their results. As I mentioned to the previous poster, our School of Business and Economics has had a significant increase in applications this year and we do expect this to have an impact on the number of concessions we are able to make but we won't have the full picture until A level results are received next month.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, you can contact the School directly on [email protected]. In the meantime, good luck with your results! :smile:

Teresa
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Isthisnameleft
Hi, have a unconditional offer for Product Design Engineering. I was wondering if there was a list of equipment/software programs that we would need to buy before start of term? If so where could I find this?

Hey Isthisnameleft

Great to hear you'll be joining us in September :smile:

The department will be able to give you the most up-to-date information about any equipment you'll need to buy. You can contact them directly on [email protected].

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions about the course or life at Loughborough more generally, just shout!

Teresa
Original post by Loughborough University
Hey Isthisnameleft

Great to hear you'll be joining us in September :smile:

The department will be able to give you the most up-to-date information about any equipment you'll need to buy. You can contact them directly on [email protected].

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions about the course or life at Loughborough more generally, just shout!

Teresa

Thank you!
Do loughborough send us reading lists if we get in?
Reply 487
I applied for accommodation as soon as I could, but at first I didn't received my B****** number and I waited to receive an e-mail, as I was told. I checked today the contract and my account details and the code is there now. I will pay the room bond as soon as possible (1-2 days from now), but is there any possibility I lost the place? It says I should pay in 8 days from when I'm issued the number, but I did not get any notification about this so far.
Original post by Shroom
I applied for accommodation as soon as I could, but at first I didn't received my B****** number and I waited to receive an e-mail, as I was told. I checked today the contract and my account details and the code is there now. I will pay the room bond as soon as possible (1-2 days from now), but is there any possibility I lost the place? It says I should pay in 8 days from when I'm issued the number, but I did not get any notification about this so far.

Call them and let them know so they can put a note on your record.
Reply 489
Original post by alexs2602
Call them and let them know so they can put a note on your record.

Thanks for the advice :smile:
Hi
I am interested in applying for Accounting and finance course at Loughborough. I think entry requirements are AAB. I wanted to know if anyone who got ABB were accepted this year.
Original post by Amy-Jo

Yes, they'll send it to you just before you start uni from what I read
Original post by Amy-Jo

Hi Amy-Jo

I imagine this will vary between Schools/Departments - what course will you be studying? I'd get in touch with them directly if you're keen to see the reading list in advance.

Amy :smile:
Original post by Shroom

Hey Shroom

I'd give the accommodation centre a call on 01509 274488 - they will advise you on this and make sure that there are no problems here. If you have followed all of the instructions then there shouldn't be any problem, but it's worth giving them a quick call just to make sure everything is on track :smile:

Hope this helps.

Amy
Hello, I am a clearing student who got given Cayley as my halls. I really need self-catered halls so if anyone seeing this is willing to swap their self-catered halls room with my catered option, please message me! This is for students starting October 2016
Reply 495
hi , i was wondering if there were any places available through adjustment this year for the material science and engineering course (BENG)?
(edited 7 years ago)
Ye
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 497
Original post by Loughborough University
Hey Shroom

I'd give the accommodation centre a call on 01509 274488 - they will advise you on this and make sure that there are no problems here. If you have followed all of the instructions then there shouldn't be any problem, but it's worth giving them a quick call just to make sure everything is on track :smile:

Hope this helps.

Amy

hi , i was wondering if there were any places available through adjustment this year for the material science and engineering course (BENG)?
Original post by SURH

Hi SURH

The best thing to do is to get in touch directly with the department and ask the question.You can call them on 01509 223 332 or e-mail them
[email protected]

Hope this helps
Vicky
Original post by Wee chump
When should I join societies and clubs? For example when could i join the hiking club? when term starts?

Thanks

Hi Wee chump

You can join clubs and societies when you first arrive, there will be lots of info on when and where during freshers week.
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending