The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Is Queen Mary A Good University?

In need of some advice here as I'm thinking about taking a gap year. My UCAS application was very rushed as I had a close family member in hospital at the run up to the deadline who died just before. I had to basically do the application overnight in order to get it done in time.

After much thought I decided I had picked the wrong course and looked to changing it. Unfortunately only Queen Mary out of the five universities I applied to do that particular course (ICT). I am still waiting to hear from them with a decision.

I have also recently been rejected by Cambridge post interview. I knew applying was a bit of a long shot from the start but I'm glad I did it.

So what I basically want to know is, is Queen Mary a good university in terms of reputation and general education? I've been thinking about whether I should take a gap year and re apply to better universities...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Queen Mary's London or Belfast?! I presume you mean London, right?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by NellGwynne

There is no Queen Mary's Belfast...
Reply 3

london
Reply 4
It's the only really mediocre uni in London - it's got a good rep for subjects like Law, English etc - and it helps that its part of the uni of london
Reply 5
Queen mary is pretty good.
Reply 6
Yes, if you consider every university.
Reply 7
its definitly good.. go 4 it, I applied there too :smile:
but then again it depends on the course that you wanna do that's how you'll actually know if its the right uni for u or not :wink:
best of luck!
Reply 8
Original post by d.az
its definitly good.. go 4 it, I applied there too :smile:
but then again it depends on the course that you wanna do that's how you'll actually know if its the right uni for u or not :wink:
best of luck!

What have you applied for? Yeah I like the course but I'm pretty determined to go to a good uni otherwise I'll feel like all the hard work I've put in was for nothing
Reply 9
Original post by safwaansh
What have you applied for? Yeah I like the course but I'm pretty determined to go to a good uni otherwise I'll feel like all the hard work I've put in was for nothing

I've applied for Biomedicakl at Queen Mary and for Pharmacy at other unis. :smile:
I think you need to go and visit the university to be 100% sure about your choice, this is what me & my friends did before we actually applied for it..
wbu what course have u applied for?

Good Luck :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by d.az
I've applied for Biomedicakl at Queen Mary and for Pharmacy at other unis. :smile:
I think you need to go and visit the university to be 100% sure about your choice, this is what me & my friends did before we actually applied for it..
wbu what course have u applied for?

Good Luck :wink:

applied for information communication technologies. yeah i will be visiting the university on the next open day. i've gone there in the past so i like the surroundings. just haven't seen the department yet.
Reply 11
applied for information communication technologies. yeah i will be visiting the university on the next open day. i've gone there in the past so i like the surroundings. just haven't seen the department yet.

that's great.. do u do ICT as an A-Level then?
Reply 12
I've got an offer for Queen Mary, for joint Politics and Economics. Not sure whether it is great for those subjects though.
Reply 13
Original post by d.az
that's great.. do u do ICT as an A-Level then?

yeah.
Original post by *Rouge*
It's the only really mediocre uni in London - it's got a good rep for subjects like Law, English etc - and it helps that its part of the uni of london

Yeah, totally. London Met and the Uni of East London are miles ahead of us.

Spoiler

Considering there is no Queen Mary in Belfast, and Queen Mary's is actually Queen Mary..
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Considering there is no Queen Mary in Belfast, and Queen Mary's is actually Queen Mary..

Yeah, it's already been sorted if you care to read a bit lower than that post. :smile:
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Yeah, totally. London Met and the Uni of East London are miles ahead of us.

Spoiler

Neither are part of the University of London.
Reply 18
Queen Mary Uni Of London I'm sure is a good one. I recently got rejected an offer for Computer Science and I'm predicted ACC so yeah, must be a decent uni.
Reply 19

I've applied for that course too, good luck! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending