Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Social work interview at salford 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by costaerer
ive been doing the access course over the last two years. only got about 4 assignments to go!!
im 22 but classed as a mature student.

mmu said i dont have enough experience to be accepted. well thats what it said on the rejection letter.

ahh well fingers crossed for you for Salford :smile: i didnt even get a rejection letter from MMU (how rude..!) they had thrown me out of the pile and informed me on ucas only....to be honest though i was hoping for Salford rather than MMU.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 41
cant believe weve still not heard!!
Reply 42
cant believe weve still not heard!!

i know, theyve told me now that its likely to be 18th april :angry: fed up now of waiting....
Reply 43
Original post by lc1975
i know, theyve told me now that its likely to be 18th april :angry: fed up now of waiting....

its getting really stupid!!:angry:
Hi all,

Must be agonising having to wait so long after an interview!
I was told I had an interview for Salford on 6th April but I had to reschedule due to committing to another interview on the same day, argh! Had to beg but luckily a lovely lady managed to squeeze me in the following day, so i'm there on 7th April, which she then confessed is the last day of interviews so I’m feeling feel very lucky to have squeezed in!!!

I'm sure it won't be too much longer to wait for decisions if the interviews are coming to an end now..

Hmm - 2 interviews in 2 days now! Eek - dreading the fact that there's no 1-to-1 or written element to the Salford interview!!
Reply 45
good luck!! itll be fine
Hi I had my interview for the BA on the 23rd Feb and still havn't heard anything :mad: ... I was told that if i hadn't heard within 3 weeks then I defo had a place.. Although 15 of us from my college have all applied and had interviews and no one has heard yet.. Think they are sending all refusals and acceptance offers out at the same time by the 18th April... good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 47
you will get in my wonderful nicola :smile: xxx
Original post by nicolahey35
Hi I had my interview for the BA on the 23rd Feb and still havn't heard anything :mad: ... I was told that if i hadn't heard within 3 weeks then I defo had a place.. Although 15 of us from my college have all applied and had interviews and no one has heard yet.. Think they are sending all refusals and acceptance offers out at the same time by the 18th April... good luck everyone :smile:

Hi Nicola, I was at Salford last week and they said it was the last of the interviews. They confirmed that they had held off offering places until they interviewed everyone to ensure they didn't over or under offer! So don’t panic no one has had offers yet.

Apparently we should all hear via UCAS track on 5th May.. More waiting if you had an early interview!!

To be honest, i really didn't enjoy the Salford interview style.. just a group interview with 10 mins for each question? There were about 12 people in my group discussion and with 4 people dominating, speaking for 2-3 mins at a time it was really difficult to get anything of real value into the conversation!! Did they do that thing where they left your group for 20 mins to discuss alone? I found that all the stuff of value that we discussed fairly as a group was blurted out by anyone in the first few minutes, really unfair!!

Not confident at all. Trying to remember that non-verbal communication counts too and not be too disheartened if i don't get an offer,.. I've had offers elsewhere, this the interview style just wasn't for me!! Would have much preferred a smaller group but hey ho..

We shall see! Good luck to everyone else who applied!
Reply 49
Hiya evrybody...

Erm, well i applied for edgehill, salford, mmu and uclan.

Edgehil-rejected me straight away... there loss:cool:

Uclan- interview next monday:eek:

MMU- i had my interview which was alful, over 30 people there.. CONDITIONAL:wink: offer, god knows how!

Salford, had my inteview in Jan, they said 3 weeks and they will ge back. 3 months and i'm still waiting..:confused:

Also, anybody bricking it as much as me about these 280 UCAS they need, i have 150 from last year, but i'm doubtfull of getting the 130 i need.:frown:

& student finance, this is another ball ache for me, dont know when to apply who to apply what to apply for, the nhs apparntly the bursary is only avilable in may, when the student finance is end of may for the applications, i still havent had all my interviews and no confirmed choices.:angry::angry::angry:

Geeeeees feel like pulling my hair out.
Reply 50
Original post by i_miss_you
Hi Nicola, I was at Salford last week and they said it was the last of the interviews. They confirmed that they had held off offering places until they interviewed everyone to ensure they didn't over or under offer! So don’t panic no one has had offers yet.

Apparently we should all hear via UCAS track on 5th May.. More waiting if you had an early interview!!

To be honest, i really didn't enjoy the Salford interview style.. just a group interview with 10 mins for each question? There were about 12 people in my group discussion and with 4 people dominating, speaking for 2-3 mins at a time it was really difficult to get anything of real value into the conversation!! Did they do that thing where they left your group for 20 mins to discuss alone? I found that all the stuff of value that we discussed fairly as a group was blurted out by anyone in the first few minutes, really unfair!!

Not confident at all. Trying to remember that non-verbal communication counts too and not be too disheartened if i don't get an offer,.. I've had offers elsewhere, this the interview style just wasn't for me!! Would have much preferred a smaller group but hey ho..

We shall see! Good luck to everyone else who applied!

Do you think it was rigged? Why go out the room and leave us to discuss for 20 mins... bolloks to me, they must clearly know that the ****wits are going to steal everybodys aswers. Some lad did it in my group, i told him he was a smarmy barstewerd in the lift going downstairs. So unfair...

I reckon it was all set up me and they were watching to see who spoke etc and how everybody interacted as a group, because at first in mine everybody put there heads down put there hand over their papers and started writing secretly...

then i got everybody discusssing answers, then the lad in the corner sole everything that was said and upchucked all the codes of practice.. wasnt hard to memorise tho really. Crap interview if you ask me
Reply 51
Original post by EmilyBrown
Do you think it was rigged? Why go out the room and leave us to discuss for 20 mins... bolloks to me, they must clearly know that the ****wits are going to steal everybodys aswers. Some lad did it in my group, i told him he was a smarmy barstewerd in the lift going downstairs. So unfair...

I reckon it was all set up me and they were watching to see who spoke etc and how everybody interacted as a group, because at first in mine everybody put there heads down put there hand over their papers and started writing secretly...

then i got everybody discusssing answers, then the lad in the corner sole everything that was said and upchucked all the codes of practice.. wasnt hard to memorise tho really. Crap interview if you ask me

actually my salford interview wasnt bad. no one 'stole' anyone else's points! but it was stupid to go out the room for 10min while we discuss, because we just had to repeat ourselves twice!
Reply 52
Original post by EmilyBrown

MMU- i had my interview which was alful, over 30 people there.. CONDITIONAL:wink: offer, god knows how!

im jealous! i came out my interview really happy, i thought i did really well!

sucks i was unsuccessful. on the rejection letter it said i didnt have enough experience!!!:angry:
Original post by i_miss_you

Thanks for the reply.. Im not feeling to confident I phoned Salford today and they cofirmed that some refusals have been sent out!! she also said we should all hear on the 18th of april..think they just say anything to get me of the fone lol.. Been offered social care at man met which seems quite interesting.. so if salford reject me off to man met i go!! good luck everyone x
Reply 54
Original post by nicolahey35
Thanks for the reply.. Im not feeling to confident I phoned Salford today and they cofirmed that some refusals have been sent out!! she also said we should all hear on the 18th of april..think they just say anything to get me of the fone lol.. Been offered social care at man met which seems quite interesting.. so if salford reject me off to man met i go!! good luck everyone x

yeah i think theyre probs sick of people calling! lol....
:cool:
Reply 55
hi guys, well still nothing from salford for me either! i also applied for social policy which has been "withdrawn"..not sure why, its not unsuccessful but withdrawn, so now im wondering if theyve got a place ready to offer me so they withdrew that?! i hope so! i had my interview the first week in february, this is agonising and no matter how many mithering phonecalls i make can never find anything out of substance. fingers crossed for anybody else still waiting! :smile:
Reply 56
im jealous! i came out my interview really happy, i thought i did really well!

sucks i was unsuccessful. on the rejection letter it said i didnt have enough experience!!!:angry:

Chin up, mmu mine was alful stutterd all the way through my interview.. There were 2 ladies, 1 women mayaswell have been looking reading a ****ing book she wasnt interested at all and wastn listenign to a word i said.. this may have been done to see how i reacted and communicated i dont know.. :s-smilie:

Anybody been given successfull at salford??????
Reply 57
does anyone else get those information cards/booklet things from salford uni with your name on about finance and accomodation etc?
yes i got that yesterday. I was all excited when i saw the salford envolope!!.. apparantly we will defo find out today so good luck everyone.
Reply 59
yes i got that too! thought maybe it was "the letter" but id already checked my ucas for the 3rd time that day so i knew it wasnt! i spoke to them earlier they said although the decisions are being made today its how long the admissions team takes to get it on the system as theyre understaffed - so may not be today! 10 weeks and counting!!!

Quick Reply