The Student Room Group

Maximuscle

Hi can someone tell me is it worth the money for these protein shakes? Are there any better cheaper ones with 24-30g protein and little to zero carbohydrates and fats you can recommend?
Reply 1
Original post by likeli3000
Hi can someone tell me is it worth the money for these protein shakes? Are there any better cheaper ones with 24-30g protein and little to zero carbohydrates and fats you can recommend?

Overly expensive, don't waste your money.
Buy in bulk online, or if you can't/don't want to buy online, buy the cheapest whey you can from health food shops. The whole points of protein shakes are that they are a cheap way to increase protein intake, which is made completely redundant when you get brands like maximuscle charging ridiculous prices.
Original post by Skarm
Overly expensive, don't waste your money.
Buy in bulk online, or if you can't/don't want to buy online, buy the cheapest whey you can from health food shops. The whole points of protein shakes are that they are a cheap way to increase protein intake, which is made completely redundant when you get brands like maximuscle charging ridiculous prices.

Yes they are very very expensive, ive bought bulk from a lot of places including bbwarehouse which have awesome flavours.
At the end of the day whey protein is whey protein, maximuscle 'pride' themselves in giving what they brand as biomax whey which is a proprietary blend and i believe they add chromium and other stuff too. It's just a sales gimmick, what u are actually paying for is for their advertising campaigns in boxing and rugby.

In conclusion, do some research online, read reviews, compare percentage protein in each brand against price to see which gives u the biggest bang for the buck in these tough economic times.

maximuscle is a rip-off. LA whey is the best ive come accross, ha about 81% protein and low fats. also no crappy aspartame type articifal flavours
Reply 4

IMO I think you should have a look on MyProtein.com :smile: They have loads of different types and flavours for wayycheaper than maximuscle and you get discounts if you bulk buy.
And they taste great! :smile:
Reply 5
maximuscle products are drug screened so safe to use if you get drug tested at work or competitions etc
They have a 30% off sale about once a month which makes the stuff ok priced, free shaker with first online order too.
Original post by stayce88
maximuscle products are drug screened so safe to use if you get drug tested at work or competitions etc
They have a 30% off sale about once a month which makes the stuff ok priced, free shaker with first online order too.

no
Reply 7
Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
no

no to what?
no to what?

Your post
Reply 9
Your post

why? it's all accurate to the best of my knowledge
why? it's all accurate to the best of my knowledge

Pretty much all supplement companies 'drug screen' and work with sports screening organisations.

30% off something as over priced as Maximuscle = still ridiculously over priced
Maximuscle - £35 for 908g of Promax
Myprotein - £54(£40 if you get unflavoured) for 5000g of Impact whey
They both have pretty much identical nutrition - 24g~ protein per 30g serving

Promax works out at £1.16 a serving(30g)
Impact whey works out at 32p a serving(30g)
For near enough identical nutrition..

5KG Promax - £192
5KG Impact whey - £54

And as for the free shaker with your first order, they are £2 from myprotein..Take the £138 saving and buy 69 of them.
Reply 11
Pretty much all supplement companies 'drug screen' and work with sports screening organisations.

30% off something as over priced as Maximuscle = still ridiculously over priced
Maximuscle - £35 for 908g of Promax
Myprotein - £54(£40 if you get unflavoured) for 5000g of Impact whey
They both have pretty much identical nutrition - 24g~ protein per 30g serving

Promax works out at £1.16 a serving(30g)
Impact whey works out at 32p a serving(30g)
For near enough identical nutrition..

5KG Promax - £192
5KG Impact whey - £54

And as for the free shaker with your first order, they are £2 from myprotein..Take the £138 saving and buy 69 of them.

I got a free shaker with my MyProtein orders :confused: could have been an offer I guess :tongue:
Original post by RhiiSparks
I got a free shaker with my MyProtein orders :confused: could have been an offer I guess :tongue:

They have never given me one.

I feel cheated now!
They have never given me one.

I feel cheated now!

I have also never been given one. I think she's just trolling us.
Reply 14
Maximuscle imo are not worth the price, there are plenty of others out there with more for less £ and also taste nicer.
Reply 15
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
I have also never been given one. I think she's just trolling us.

:eek: the mere thought of it! Genuinely did. Got myself some Elle and some True Whey and when I bought it they'd popped a blue protein shaker in there too for me :tongue:

Maybe they just like me more :tongue:
Reply 16
I never said it was cheap but it has got free p&p, the loyalty points system, offers most bank holidays, free shaker and send discount cards in the post, and they sent me 20 free samples and 20 free tshirts out in afghanistan.
Ive never ordered powder protein off them I buy the boxes of protein bars which work out at just over £1 per bar in the sale.
Personally I dont like the taste of MP stuff the isolate doesnt seem to mix properly and the impact blend seems to have a chemical aftertaste.
I never said it was cheap but it has got free p&p, the loyalty points system, offers most bank holidays, free shaker and send discount cards in the post, and they sent me 20 free samples and 20 free tshirts out in afghanistan.
Ive never ordered powder protein off them I buy the boxes of protein bars which work out at just over £1 per bar in the sale.
Personally I dont like the taste of MP stuff the isolate doesnt seem to mix properly and the impact blend seems to have a chemical aftertaste.

Maximuscle only recently started this loyalty card system with offers every month because they were losing profit to the generic brands such as myprotein, bodybuilding warehouse, bulk powders, etc...
People are not naive anymore when it comes to supplements like they used to be... and plus with the new legislation, VAT will be applied to nutritional supplements now meaning maximuscle will charge extortionate prices...

PS u should really try bodybuilding warehouse premium whey cookies or cherry burst flavour
Reply 18
Original post by Killuminati1989
Maximuscle only recently started this loyalty card system with offers every month because they were losing profit to the generic brands such as myprotein, bodybuilding warehouse, bulk powders, etc...
People are not naive anymore when it comes to supplements like they used to be... and plus with the new legislation, VAT will be applied to nutritional supplements now meaning maximuscle will charge extortionate prices...

PS u should really try bodybuilding warehouse premium whey cookies or cherry burst flavour

I know they are over-priced, im not trying to say they arent, just saying if you can get their stuff on offer its not too bad.
Ive used BBW's banoffee premium whey before and it was very nice tasting, used it on a bulk as it has fairly high carbs.
Reply 19
We do have another brand called Maxiraw which is very competitively priced and in line with other bulk suppliers on the market so this may be of more interest to some of you who want a bit more flexibility with your supplements.

We also test each and every batch of products, offer free delivery on all orders and offer 5% cash back through our loyalty scheme. Also do regular offers so worth a look.

www.maxiraw.com

Quick Reply

Latest