The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by TTNN
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of doing Pharmacy at Uni and I'm not sure what books I should read, so if anyone knows any good books, please help. Thank you :smile:

which uni it depends?
Reply 2
What books would you recommend for a student looking to study at UCL/School of Pharmacy or Kings College London? Thanks.
Reply 3
wouldnt buy any books as will be recommended per module. But on the whole, rang, dale and ritter for pharmacology. Pharmacy law and ethics by appelby. symptoms in the pharmacy by blekinsopp for over the counter dealings. clinical pharmacy and therapeutics by.....(forgot).

Learn how to use a BNF, pick a free copy from local pharmacy. they get one every 6 months or so they did.
Reply 4
Have a look here for a list of recommended books on the TSR guide:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Pharmacy_Degree#Resources_for_Pharmacy_Students
Reply 5
Original post by letr
which uni it depends?

I've only picked 3 : Nottingham, Birmingham and Manchester. I just want to read some books so that I have something to put in my personal statement.
Reply 6
Original post by H4KEEM 786
What books would you recommend for a student looking to study at UCL/School of Pharmacy or Kings College London? Thanks.

I've just finished my first year at King's, and I wouldn't really recommend buying anything yet. Each lecturer will recommend their own book and if you buy every book you get recommended, then you'll end up spending a fortune. You can find pretty much all of them at the library, and if you find yourself repeatedly taking something out, then I would recommend buying it.
Reply 7
did you end up getting in? I wonder if you are still active on here haha

Original post by TTNN
I've only picked 3 : Nottingham, Birmingham and Manchester. I just want to read some books so that I have something to put in my personal statement.

Latest

Trending

Trending