The Student Room Group

Starting sixth form

Hello, I'm starting sixth form in approximately 3 weeks time, a little worried. What can I expect on enrollment day and my first day? What clothes should I be wearing (We don't have uniform)? Should I change ICT to Economics and can someone give me an intro into accounting, business studies and economics...Thnx :smile:
Lol Sixth Form isnt a big deal, you should have an induction day and what you wore in it, should be your dress code too, like for me, we had to wear suits for men and smart clothing for women, in your case, you might just need to wear casual clothes but obviously not like as if you're going to a beach but something descent.

The first few days are mainly inductions and probably team building so you dont have to worry, have fun! We had a barbeque on ours lol.

your time there wouldnt last long and it's gonna get stressful alot quicker towards your uni applications so try to have fun now and don't forget to prioritise :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SFeet
Hello, I'm starting sixth form in approximately 3 weeks time, a little worried. What can I expect on enrollment day and my first day? What clothes should I be wearing (We don't have uniform)? Should I change ICT to Economics and can someone give me an intro into accounting, business studies and economics...Thnx :smile:

Dont wear chinos, it was like a river of them when we saw the year 12's.
Defo change ICT to Economics

If you want an Intro for economics, fire away any questions
Reply 4
Original post by ch0wm4n
Dont wear chinos, it was like a river of them when we saw the year 12's.

Lol I don't wear chinos anyways, jeans all the way
Reply 5
Original post by 16dan2life
Defo change ICT to Economics

If you want an Intro for economics, fire away any questions

Is it an enjoyable subject? How hard is it? And how hard/easy will it be for me to get 300 points?
Reply 6
Im starting this september as well, and im worried too. im going to be doing biology, chemistry, maths and psychology in the hope of one day becoming either a doctor or a vet :smile:
Original post by SFeet
Is it an enjoyable subject? How hard is it? And how hard/easy will it be for me to get 300 points?

It's really interesting, I feel it's one subject that can really relate to current affairs and the world.

It's slightly difficult but I enjoyed it so that didn't bother me

It's difficult for me to judge your ability of getting 300 points, but if you put the work and effort it in, it shouldn't be difficult
Original post by SFeet

Ah! Our school doesn't allow jeans! It's casual/smart no denim! So it depends on yours! :smile:

In terms of your choices, make sure they are suitable to whatever you want to do for a degree in University (If you want to go) There is nothing worse than getting halfway through your first year and not having a required A-level! :biggrin:

Tbh the first few weeks were so tiring! But you'll get the hang of it in no time! Good luck! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by BethanyJane
Ah! Our school doesn't allow jeans! It's casual/smart no denim! So it depends on yours! :smile:

In terms of your choices, make sure they are suitable to whatever you want to do for a degree in University (If you want to go) There is nothing worse than getting halfway through your first year and not having a required A-level! :biggrin:

Tbh the first few weeks were so tiring! But you'll get the hang of it in no time! Good luck! :smile:

Thnx for the encouragement man, feel better now. Btw is economics popular among male or female students?
Original post by SFeet
Thnx for the encouragement man, feel better now. Btw is economics popular among male or female students?

I hope that's not sarcasm! :wink: :biggrin: Hehe! Um! Actually our sixth form is starting economics for the upcoming year, it wasn't available in ours! But actually it is popular with both! Maths was also popular, both are mainly boys, but yeah quite a few girls!
(edited 11 years ago)
Don't worry about sixth form - you will have so much more fun. More freedom and the teachers are a lot less strict and more friendly with you.

As for what you wear - wear whatever you want to! As long as it's not a really short skirt and any other inappropriate clothing lol.
I just wear skinny jeans, converse, and a t-shirt :smile:

Quick Reply