The Student Room Group

I am a Schizophrenic ask me anything AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by john2054
You are right in that clozapine (the drug for the worst sufferers of schizophrenia) is a typical. my bad

Hmmm clozapine don't remind me about that.[video="youtube;BBsazIACpYM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBsazIACpYM[/video]
What was the process of getting discharged like? Did you get any support in the community after leaving hospital? Were you under a Section 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Original post by tinkerbelle2
What was the process of getting discharged like? Did you get any support in the community after leaving hospital? Were you under a Section 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry it took me so long to reply. The first time I was discharged I was put into respite. That is a halfway house that's a bit like hospital in that you are observed a lot. I saw a doctor and he signed me off indefinitely and said I would never work again, LoL? :biggrin: I was given some psychology tests like memory tests all a bit superficial. I had cooking lessons. LoL :biggrin: And I went to the drop in centre, they're fun. I was under curfew and given about £5.00 a week to live on. That wasn't enough so I didn't pay my rent and then when I moved out I had to pay all that back. Err I think I was under section 3 I'm not sure. I soon found somewhere else to live and had no support I just had my doctor who just prescribed me medication. Then before long I was back in hospital again.
Original post by Thomb
I have been sectioned twice under the mental health act and spent months in a mental hospital. AMA

What triggered your problems? I know with me it was bullying that led to a whole load of problems I had and still have now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thomb
Sorry it took me so long to reply. The first time I was discharged I was put into respite. That is a halfway house that's a bit like hospital in that you are observed a lot. I saw a doctor and he signed me off indefinitely and said I would never work again, LoL? :biggrin: I was given some psychology tests like memory tests all a bit superficial. I had cooking lessons. LoL :biggrin: And I went to the drop in centre, they're fun. I was under curfew and given about £5.00 a week to live on. That wasn't enough so I didn't pay my rent and then when I moved out I had to pay all that back. Err I think I was under section 3 I'm not sure. I soon found somewhere else to live and had no support I just had my doctor who just prescribed me medication. Then before long I was back in hospital again.

Sounds about right. i have also been through the treadwheel of the mental health system. It's not good, that's all i will say for now!??!
Original post by davidguettafan
What triggered your problems? I know with me it was bullying that led to a whole load of problems I had and still have now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least it seems like i am going to finally get my degree, soon anyway?!?
Original post by davidguettafan

Posted from TSR Mobile

What triggered my first psychotic episode was being beaten up, I received a nasty blow to the spine which still pains me. there were a lot of other factors but the beating I took was probably the main trigger. Now I sympathise with you because the set of voices I hear are bullies constantly trying to control what I do. My future seems utterly hopeless ATM.
Reply 127
Sounds about right. i have also been through the treadwheel of the mental health system. It's not good, that's all i will say for now!??!

Sorry I never got back to you about reading your dissertation I'm really bogged down with university work so I can't aTm.
Original post by Thomb
Sorry I never got back to you about reading your dissertation I'm really bogged down with university work so I can't aTm.

Good luck with your workload Thomb. I've finished mine, now i just need for the results to come back?
Good luck with your workload Thomb. I've finished mine, now i just need for the results to come back?

Thanks good luck with your results. I've got sunstroke so don't know how much work I'll be doing this week. :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks good luck with your results. I've got sunstroke so don't know how much work I'll be doing this week. :biggrin:

I've calculated that all i need to do is to pass this final essay, to get a 2.1 overall. Let's just hope that my calculations are correct!
Reply 131
I've calculated that all i need to do is to pass this final essay, to get a 2.1 overall. Let's just hope that my calculations are correct!

A 2.1 would be good hope you get it.
Original post by Thomb
A 2.1 would be good hope you get it.

Yes i can retire then!

Quick Reply

Latest