The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
In two minds about working today. :frown:
I want to get a rough draft of 1000 words for my dissertation, but also scared to death to give it a go because it will force me to realise how little I currently know and how much there is to do!
Would like to ignore it all and crawl back into bed.
Argh :s-smilie:
Finding books in the library for my nuclear weapons essay was a bit of a fail- none of them seemed to help answer my question. Going to reserve the 2 that are out and hope they help and have a look at on-line journals thankfully there seem to be quite a lot of these. And why is it that I always seem to bump into people I want to talk to when I don't have time to talk to them.
Reply 1002
Seminar at 5pm and the lecturer only put up the sheet of work at 11am. I like time to do the work before the seminar goddamit, I'm not superwoman! :mad:

FD presentation over, this evening:

- Start writing report (yes, I do believe this has been on my list for at least 4 days.)
- Do more of my Business Law essay (I'm on about 150 words.)
- Do some other reading
- Find resources on CSR
Struggling to work, exhausted now. Tried napping for an hour and a half but that was just full of fail. I can see tomorrow bing a horrible day if I can't get much done today :sigh:
I'm feeling super productive at the moment. Completed all my lab exercises and I've got to write them up into my book this evening. I'm going out at 7pm to run my last ever social as social sec for ssago. In the mean time I'm going to:
eat my lasagne when it comes out of the oven
order a banner
have a shower
write up as much of my practicals as possible
if time, organise all the lecture notes I printed off for this module
Just posting to declare my undying love for Cambridge University Press. I was struggling to find articles for my nuclear weapons essay as its on non use, and most articles seemed to waffle on about the dangers of it until bam I hit the jackpot and got linked to a whole list of Cambridge OUP articles which talk about why nuclear weapons have not been used.
Looking at different career options in the media industry, I think that I MAY just have picked the wrong degree :s-smilie: :sigh:
Reply 1007
Original post by hothedgehog
I'm feeling super productive at the moment. Completed all my lab exercises and I've got to write them up into my book this evening. I'm going out at 7pm to run my last ever social as social sec for ssago. In the mean time I'm going to:
eat my lasagne when it comes out of the oven
order a banner
have a shower
write up as much of my practicals as possible
if time, organise all the lecture notes I printed off for this module

Is it possible to get a share this productivity? :biggrin:
638/ 1000 words done, tiring quickly!

Also, that's a long list for only a few hours. Impressive!
Original post by addylad
That is my problem. I need to have the urgency a few weeks before the deadline so I can put together a good assignment in plenty of time.

At least you can be philosophical about it. :frown:

Haha, yes that is one of the positive things about my degree. :biggrin:
I seem to produce some of my best work under pressure - but I really do not like staying up late, drinking ridiculous amounts of coffee and writing assignments for the next day.

Going to go and read for my dissertation. I've read a load of articles and general books but I need to figure out how they all tie together and what the point is that I'm trying to make. There are so many ways of approaching my topic that I need to choose one and be snappy about it...
Stupid timed essay in political theory tomorrow. I wasn't worried about it until the teacher mentioned that we can't pick a philosopher we've already done an essay on, and I was planning on doing mine on Hobbes. So now I'm stuck revising all of Locke and going through past papers to write a few bullet points for each question, as he said the questions on the paper will be from past exams. ARGH I'm over this module :colonhash:
Reply 1010
Been somewhat productive today:

-Wrote 800 words of my essay (will need working on, but it's progress)
-posted a letter (finally)
-some laundry
-read marketing chapter for last week's lecture

Going to read another marketing chapter tonight then call it a day

Tomorrow I need to do some politics seminar prep, work on my essay, and read up for economics lecture since I will be missing it.
Original post by hwalusimo1
Looking at different career options in the media industry, I think that I MAY just have picked the wrong degree :s-smilie: :sigh:

I didn't think what degree you did mattered for a media career- I was always under the impression it was contacts with count more.
Original post by jelly1000
I didn't think what degree you did mattered for a media career- I was always under the impression it was contacts with count more.

I really don't know anymore :s lol... got alot of decision making to do :sigh:
Reply 1013
First opportunity to do something fun in ages & everyone I know is pulling out :emo:

Could still go with some people from my class but it'll cost me all the rest of my money unless I get paid before 5pm tomorrow, and I was going to have to leave work early, doesn't seem worth it by myself :sad:
Going to camp out in the library tomorrow until dinner time... and I WILL emerge with a mostly-finished Medieval Essay and a completed French presentation on diabetes OR ELSE!...
Original post by hwalusimo1
I really don't know anymore :s lol... got alot of decision making to do :sigh:

Not quite sure what you exactly want to go into but why don't you try out some stuff like your uni radio or tv or newspaper to get into media a bit more. All degrees have transferrable skills and if you show you have those with the knowledge from your own time activities too it will look good.
Coursework finished:

Wildlife Conservation coursework 1 (2 page report)
Will finish drafting my essays on Thursday and hopefully get those finished soon, so I can make a start on my exam questions.
What I need to do by 4 today:

- 500 word journal entry (DONE)
- plan year 8 lesson for next week and send to link teacher (DONE)
- sort out my germany essay plan according to what my tutor has said about it
- sort out my queens essay plan and required reading
- sort out my race essay plan (hopefully send to tutor)
- go to peer mentoring at 4
I need to:
- Finish as much as I can of my part of a human rights presentation by the time I meet my group at 2pm
- Sort out presentation with the group
- Go to the gym
- Finish reading my prep novel for tomorrow.

THEN if I have time (which I doubt, as I want to go out tonight ha):
- Add more to my America essay
- Start reading Pylon.
How on earth am I going to research and write 6000 words by next Monday?

:mad: :crazy:

Latest