The Student Room Group

China builds more 'ghost' cities...in Africa.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ArthurWinterthurII
Why would the West have to do anything about it? I think the West should stay out of it - ancestral governments of certain Western powers already had their chance and simply invaded the continent and stole and hugely exploited. At least China is actually laying down business systems and effecting two-way trading that is generating billions upon billions of dollars; unlike throwing charity concerts and dishing out handouts in a patronizing way and not actually doing anything to directly aid in countries of the continent getting on their own two feet - throwing cash at Africa won't solve the continental issues.

LOL if you think the Chinese are any better than the Europeans.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 61
?
Original post by cl_steele
They cant do anything, most of the west is now bank rolled by China, you dont go and kick your lender do you? :rolleyes:

I guess you could just not pay him back?
Reply 62
They'll probably ship thousands of Chinese workers out there to live, and work in Chinese government owned factories so they cut down on the cost of moving Africas resources to mainland China.

Original post by The_Male_Melons
China can build what it likes. They bought the land fairly and can build what ever they want. Their money. They haven't gone around bombing places, threatening countries to get what they want unlike a certain other ailing power.

http://www.wnd.com/2000/08/7161/

The Chinese are angels
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by pr0view
?

Yeah but if you default on your lender they generally speaking stop lending to you and despite the size of the eu and US economies i'd love to see them get by without chinese money :rolleyes:
Reply 64
China can build what it likes. They bought the land fairly and can build what ever they want. Their money. They haven't gone around bombing places, threatening countries to get what they want unlike a certain other ailing power.

Your grasp of Chinese History isnt very good is it...
Shall we start with ROC, Tibet, Korea etc. etc. etc.
Reply 65
Chinese guilt
Reply 66
Truth be told,
China's building secret underground military bases under the cover of these cities.
When it's time, the entire cities will just rotate like a plate ta-da! China will be ready to go.

:colonhash:
Reply 67
Original post by pr0view
?

Right except you live in a nation addicted to debt.... default on one there goes your reputation and no one else will ever loan you money.

Which would you like to see gone first? NHS, pensions or your JSA?
Your grasp of Chinese History isnt very good is it...
Shall we start with ROC, Tibet, Korea etc. etc. etc.

Go on then?
Let's hear what the man wearing the robe says...
Original post by TheHansa
They'll probably ship thousands of Chinese workers out there to live, and work in Chinese government owned factories so they cut down on the cost of moving Africas resources to mainland China.

http://www.wnd.com/2000/08/7161/

The Chinese are angels

I never described the Chinese as Angels- on that point, they seems lesser of the two evils.
Reply 70
Go on then?
Let's hear what the man wearing the robe says...

What do you want me to expand on? each time the Chinese have used force to make their neighbours do as theyre told which you seem to think theyve never ever done? i just gave you some examples; The Korean war, the supression of the people of tibet and dilution of their people and culture, the bombing of ROC, shooting russian patrols on the boarder, there has always been friction with India wish me to continue were else theyve used force and intimidation to get their way?
What do you want me to expand on? each time the Chinese have used force to make their neighbours do as theyre told which you seem to think theyve never ever done? i just gave you some examples; The Korean war, the supression of the people of tibet and dilution of their people and culture, the bombing of ROC, shooting russian patrols on the boarder, there has always been friction with India wish me to continue were else theyve used force and intimidation to get their way?

What happened during the Korean war? I believe one side was supported by the US to get their way. Tibet- please expand? What about the tibetan people that have allegedly killed Chinese people.
Shooting Russian Patrols- now they are ever so great friends.
Friction with India- oh please continue...

Maybe you should make a list of the other ailing superpower that still holds a gun to the world's head
Reply 72
What happened during the Korean war? I believe one side was supported by the US to get their way. Tibet- please expand? What about the tibetan people that have allegedly killed Chinese people.
Shooting Russian Patrols- now they are ever so great friends.
Friction with India- oh please continue...

Maybe you should make a list of the other ailing superpower that still holds a gun to the world's head

Believe what you wish the fact the Chinese intervened and went south in Korea is still there...

Go google whats happening with the Chinese in tibet i cant be bothered to type up 60 years or so of bad History. Who cares if theyve killed Chinese people? thats not the point and frankly irrelevant same to your point about them being friends now completely irrelevant the point is the Chinese have tryed to pressure other nations to get their way.

and with india?; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Indian_War, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chola_incident, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_Sino-Indian_skirmish

I couldnt care less if another 'ailing superpower' holds a gun to the worlds head im simply pointing out who wrong your statement about China being the worlds golden boy is.
Believe what you wish the fact the Chinese intervened and went south in Korea is still there...

Go google whats happening with the Chinese in tibet i cant be bothered to type up 60 years or so of bad History. Who cares if theyve killed Chinese people? thats not the point and frankly irrelevant same to your point about them being friends now completely irrelevant the point is the Chinese have tryed to pressure other nations to get their way.

and with india?; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Indian_War, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chola_incident, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_Sino-Indian_skirmish

I couldnt care less if another 'ailing superpower' holds a gun to the worlds head im simply pointing out who wrong your statement about China being the worlds golden boy is.

The Bits in Bold highlights both your sentiments, illogical thinking and hypocrisy.
Reply 74
The Bits in Bold highlights both your sentiments, illogical thinking and hypocrisy.

No they highlight your ability to take what i say out of context? damn straight i couldnt care less if some Tibetans killed some Chinese as its irrelevant to the point, of course its sad that anyone has died but thats where it ends.
regardless neither statement makes anything i've said hypocritical or illogical?
Youre just bitter that youve been caught out on your idiocy, at least try and know a little about the subject youre trying to argue before making pointless and frankly ignorant statements that a fair number of people will find rather offensive.
No they highlight your ability to take what i say out of context? damn straight i couldnt care less if some Tibetans killed some Chinese as its irrelevant to the point, of course its sad that anyone has died but thats where it ends.
regardless neither statement makes anything i've said hypocritical or illogical?
Youre just bitter that youve been caught out on your idiocy, at least try and know a little about the subject youre trying to argue before making pointless and frankly ignorant statements that a fair number of people will find rather offensive.

Again, that is offensive. I am not going to bother even responding any more to a dog (metaphorically speaking) You can bark all you like.

I never described China as Angels- you put words in my mouth and take things out of context. I merely said they were lesser of the two evils which doesn't mean they are good.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 76
Again, that is offensive. I am not going to bother even responding any more to a dog. You can bark all you like.

I never described China as Angels- you put words in my mouth. I merely said they were lesser of the two evils.

Again you can take things out of context as much as you like it doesnt change that what i said was not offensive.
Did you just call me a dog? is that really the best you can do? pathetic.
No thats exactly what you did, you displayed astounding ignorance to their history and IR.
Original post by prog2djent
I'd like to see them try colonialism and occupation accross the arab world, the logical outcome would be terrorist attacks in China, and tbh, If Muslims and Arabs think the USA, Europe, Nato Force, Israel etc, are bad, China don't give a **** about public relations and would completely crush that world.

Original post by Norton1
China reminds me of a fresher that just got his first grant money in. From nothing it's now necessary to buy ALL the things.

Repped.
Reply 78
I never described the Chinese as Angels- on that point, they seems lesser of the two evils.

Chinese troops are stationed in Africa right now supporting some of the worst regimes, the Uyghurs within Chinese borders lose their rights and their possessions for peaceful political activism. China is worse than the west before you even bring Tibet into it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TheHansa
Chinese troops are stationed in Africa right now supporting some of the worst regimes, the Uyghurs within Chinese borders lose their rights and their possessions for peaceful political activism. China is worse than the west before you even bring Tibet into it.

Yes, in many African countries, we find the West is funding dictatorship governments.
Why are American troops stationed in African Nations as well? Or is just Chinese that worry you?

Peaceful activism- I suppose we can use the US leadership excuse of "violence, thuggery etc..." when they disperese peaceful protests in Chicago for Uighar.
Of course, hypocrisy, hypocrisy, hypocrisy...

I don't like the hypocrisy and the anti-China sentiments when you fail to realise we in the West are capable and have done things far worse. We seem to sweep under the carpet and declare "we did not know, we have changed and all is forgiven".
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest