The Student Room Group

Peitition to recognise Black Lives Matter as a terrorist organization reaches 100k

Scroll to see replies

I signed it too. I'm surprised anyone in the UK noticed or cared about what was happening here in the US, but apparently some of you guys do. Thanks for letting me know about it.

I've been fighting them for two years now. Lost a lot of friends, made a lot of new friends and enemies in the process. It hasn't been easy. A lot of people don't know what the movement really stands for, and they use a lot of rationalizations about White privilege or any means necessary being justified to stop Black deaths. But their data doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

If things continue this way, nothing good can come of it. BLM needs to be stopped. Their goal is essentially to create anarchy by overwhelming all the police forces. This has nothing to do with race if you examine them more closely. They're far-left anarchists, and little more. Black deaths are merely the justification for anarchy, not their real motive.

The thing about them is that you can't stick anything to them... they're like a hydra, one body with many heads. They can just disclaim responsibility if anyone tries to blame the organization as a whole, and claim it was just one faction that they can't be held accountable for. Which means you chop off one head, but can't kill the body. Everyone is expected to take them at their word rather than looking at what they do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 181
Original post by Jebedee
So why are they bringing race into it? White men are killed by cops more than black people but I guess they don't give a damn about anyone that isn't the same race as them.

Not only that but they don't care about their own, unless it's whites involved (very rare) in the murder.
Original post by tcameron
so how do you then justify the need for 4 gunshots to 'disarm' him? How do you justify the lack of medical attention then given leaving him to die? How to you justify the police officer not 'disarming' him but rather leaving him to die in such a state over 'not following instructions, does that warrant being killed?
I cannot entertain the need to reply to ignorant and hateful people such as yourself who cannot recognise when there is an issue. Why is racism even always such a touchy subject that people these days seem to scared to admit exists.

Racism in America?? Good luck proving that. Blacks; and other minorities, have been given preferential treatment in education, hiring, and housing for years now. All with positive results. A new generation has taken the helm. In a lot of gov. agencies Blacks control decision and policy making position from the top down.
To say discrimination is institutionalized is quite a stretch.
As for these police shootings, I don't think racism is the cause. A lot of these cops are young and came up in a generation that saw interracial marriages as commonplace and not enough instances of overt discrimination for them to become adult and think it's okay to kill someone because of their race.
I think it has more to do with the fact that this young generation is much more violent with crimes being committed with firearms and instances of shootings way up. On the other side you have cops that have maybe not even held a gun until the police academy. Some of them don't even seem able to handle violence at all. About a month ago in San Francisco 3 cops have a guy,(white guy), backed up against a wall whose holding a knife. He wasn't a threat to them but he wont drop the knife so they shoot him. 3 cops, using batons, can't take out one guy with a knife? Thats 3 scared cops.
As much as I dislike the movement, they don't, to me, seem like a terrorist organisation.
How can 12 people actually agree with this?
Original post by Jebedee
No, because more white people are killed by cops than black people. As opposed to it just being black people that are killed. This demonstrates that they care only for their own race.

Source of this statistic please. As I've said in a previous thread there is absolutely no context for this statistic, therefore it means nothing.
Original post by Jebedee
No, because more white people are killed by cops than black people. As opposed to it just being black people that are killed. This demonstrates that they care only for their own race.

Well yes. Like I said they do care for the people of their own race. I don't see the logic in black people not protesting police brutality against their own race because white people refuse to protest when it happens to them.

Yes whites are killed more but they are also the majority of the population. Black people are 3.5 times more likely to be killed by police though and you could say this is because they commit a disproportionally higher amount of crime but:
1. That doesn't disprove that America has a general police brutality problem.
2. That shouldn't be why black people aren't allowed to get upset about it when it happens to them.

And I'd just like to point out I don't agree with the people that make it out like only blacks suffer from police brutality.
lol@terrorist organisation.

How ****ing absurd.

People obviously love to be victims whether they are white or black.
Original post by Ciel.
So murdering people is a 'warning' nowadays? Cool. Idiot.

HOW MUCH PROTESTS HAVE WE DONE!!! SO MANY!!! And what has come of those prosests?? NOTHING!!
Im sure we all would expect the racist police to stop killing blck ppl but NO they are still killing them!! I was getting fed up of the police too!! We are asking for justice but they ignore it and KILL our ppl! no thx u!
I though u could have a convo without being immature, and calling ppl names!
Original post by tcameron
by saying black lives matter does not mean people are saying other lives don't matter or even saying 'anti-white'
It's like going to a breast cancer race for life and claiming ''but what about throat cancer and lung cancer etc.''
When there was the search for Maddie, where were the people claiming ''but what about all the other kids, #findeveryone''
It's clear that black people are being oppressed in America today more than other races, not just white, and whoever disagrees is either ignorant or blatantly overlooking the facts.

To appropiate one of your examples, Black Lives Matter is to what race relations as someone who goes around pushing little kids over is to the search for Maddie..
Original post by MildredMalone
To appropiate one of your examples, Black Lives Matter is to what race relations as someone who goes around pushing little kids over is to the search for Maddie..

Please be aware that not only black people support black lives matter.
I wasn't comparing the two at all, it's just an analogy.
Original post by oldercon1953
Racism in America?? Good luck proving that. Blacks; and other minorities, have been given preferential treatment in education, hiring, and housing for years now. All with positive results. A new generation has taken the helm. In a lot of gov. agencies Blacks control decision and policy making position from the top down.
To say discrimination is institutionalized is quite a stretch.
As for these police shootings, I don't think racism is the cause. A lot of these cops are young and came up in a generation that saw interracial marriages as commonplace and not enough instances of overt discrimination for them to become adult and think it's okay to kill someone because of their race.
I think it has more to do with the fact that this young generation is much more violent with crimes being committed with firearms and instances of shootings way up. On the other side you have cops that have maybe not even held a gun until the police academy. Some of them don't even seem able to handle violence at all. About a month ago in San Francisco 3 cops have a guy,(white guy), backed up against a wall whose holding a knife. He wasn't a threat to them but he wont drop the knife so they shoot him. 3 cops, using batons, can't take out one guy with a knife? Thats 3 scared cops.

I agree with you to a degree as I think it is the unqualified Police officers which clearly get too scared/abuse their power which appears to be the real reason as there are too many videos of police officers being overly brutal to different people, and not just black.
Despite this, does not mean it is not a race issue as racism is still very prevalent despite people trying to turn a blind eye to it. Just because more people associate with different races these days does not excuse them from being a racist at all.
Reply 192
I am getting fed up with them. Black people are not terrorist organisation. They were influenced by their people in community, culture, history and media that made them in hatred of white people. They need to stop protesting and realise that all lives matter -_-
A racist group for recognising the oppression that blacks face in Amerca? Right, got that.
Original post by StrawbAri
1. That doesn't disprove that America has a general police brutality problem. .

I think part of the problem is the gun culture in America. I don't have any statistics at hand, but I think just glancing at a wikipedia lists of police officers killed on duty in America and the UK below, it is self-evident that a far greater percentage of police officers in America are killed on duty. Because firearms are so pervasive and police deaths so common, what you have is essentially a police force that is constantly anxious and fearful of being shot and hence we see police reaching for the guns too quickly in too many incidents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_police_officers_killed_in_the_line_of_duty
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_police_officers_killed_in_the_line_of_duty
Original post by KimKallstrom
Glad to see you agree that BLM is the black equivalent of the KKK.

No it really isn't...
Reply 196
Original post by Talkand...Talk
HOW MUCH PROTESTS HAVE WE DONE!!! SO MANY!!! And what has come of those prosests?? NOTHING!!
Im sure we all would expect the racist police to stop killing blck ppl but NO they are still killing them!! I was getting fed up of the police too!! We are asking for justice but they ignore it and KILL our ppl! no thx u!
I though u could have a convo without being immature, and calling ppl names!

If their attitude is even remotely similar to yours, it's no wonder they get themselves killed.

Quick Reply

Latest