The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

How hard is it to get into the University of Glasgow?

I am predicted either AAB or ABB. However, I don't have an AS grade for my english since I am doing this in a year throughout year 13.
It's hard - lots of competition.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Depends what for.
Reply 3
Which subject?!
Not that hard if your grades are good, hard if they're not.

It's ALL in your grades.

I'd say you'll get an offer.
When I wanted to apply for music a few years ago they wanted AAAB. For music? Seriously?
Original post by Sweet by and by
When I wanted to apply for music a few years ago they wanted AAAB. For music? Seriously?

Whereas I got an offer of BBB for Engineering. Odd. Haha.
Original post by Popppppy
Whereas I got an offer of BBB for Engineering. Odd. Haha.

They wanted AAAB in one sitting or AAAA in two, I personally think is a joke considering music is a talent rather than a learn-able skill. Hey ho I can't complain, I get wasted with my lecturers every day :smile:
Original post by Sweet by and by
They wanted AAAB in one sitting or AAAA in two, I personally think is a joke considering music is a talent rather than a learn-able skill. Hey ho I can't complain, I get wasted with my lecturers every day :smile:

Where'd you end up going?
I chose Strathy over them because Strathy is lovely :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by natashaha
How hard is it for Philosophy? I want to go there sooo bad. I visited it and loved it so much!

I think AAAA first sitting gets you an unconditional offer. I did Philosophy there for 2 years before starting honours, its great and really interesting. The only thing is the metaphysical stuff is quite boring (for me) but I know lots of people that preferred that to the ethics.(don't know how thats possible) The ethics part is great. It's quite a hard subject, you do logic in second year and that is a nightmare! There is quite a lot of reading too.
Reply 10
I forgot to mention that I am considering a politics degree.
Original post by RastaMannn
I forgot to mention that I am considering a politics degree.

AAAA secures you an unconditional. Politics and Philosophy complement each other very well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending