On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Kaiser7
I just got an offer of AAA including maths and physics, but I've already gotten an A* in maths and they know this, so how could they offer me this offer. :s-smilie:

I'm confused.

Maybe they offered you a standard offer, that means AAA regardless of the fact that you got A*, which means that you qualify anyway :smile:
On campus at the University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 581
Original post by glf2110
They like you. It's probable that even if you slip a grade (or 2) they'll still take you. :smile:

I hope so! Can never know for sure though, they may have just 'liked' my predicted grades! Haha, I need to be more optimistic, perhaps...but thank you! :smile:
Reply 582
Well someone knows what is our student ID for accommodation ? I tried the one on my offer letter but it's not working :s (So i tried the one on my student ID from kent and same result ...)
Original post by Tom_Sg
Well someone knows what is our student ID for accommodation ? I tried the one on my offer letter but it's not working :s (So i tried the one on my student ID from kent and same result ...)

On the accommodation application page it states that you cannot apply for accommodation until February 22nd. Try then, and if it still doesn't work get in contact with the faculty you've applied to.
Reply 584
Ah ok sorry :wink:
Reply 585
Original post by Tom_Sg

Your student ID is the one on your offer letter. Just wait until 22nd.
As far as your accommodation applications and offers go, you should bear the first post of the following thread in mind, if you haven't already seen it, as it offers some vital information:

Soton Uni FAQs
Reply 587
OFFER: Economics and Management Science - AAA + B in AS Maths

Very high offer but o'well :smile:
Reply 588
Just sent my application for a premium at glen eyre (and a normal room) and another normal room (en-suit i think) at Small Halls - Archer roads :smile:)

I wanted Highfield but i couldn't apply directly for this one :'(
Reply 589
Original post by Tom_Sg
Just sent my application for a premium at glen eyre (and a normal room) and another normal room (en-suit i think) at Small Halls - Archer roads :smile:)

I wanted Highfield but i couldn't apply directly for this one :'(

do you have to firm them to apply for rooms because I still haven't got all my offers yet. :redface:
Reply 590
No you don't have to wait to firm your offer (I've all of my offers and I didnt firmed anything yet :wink:)
Reply 591
Hey everyone!

Just firmed southampton to study physiotherapy! :smile: Anyone else here applying for similar health professions? =]
Reply 592
You sure you don't have to firm before selecting accommodation? Sounds weird!

I'm still deciding between southampton and bristol for aero, so confuseddddddd
Reply 593
Original post by singh224
do you have to firm them to apply for rooms because I still haven't got all my offers yet. :redface:

Original post by SJS101
You sure you don't have to firm before selecting accommodation? Sounds weird!

I'm still deciding between southampton and bristol for aero, so confuseddddddd

That is what I got from their accommodation website when I sent my application for accommodation (without firmed anything !)

Dear xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx,

Re: 3*6*3*3

Thank you for submitting this accommodation application request to the University of Southampton. Please note if you meet the terms of the accommodation guarantee you will receive an offer of a place in University accommodation. To check the terms of the guarantee please visit our website www.southampton.ac.uk/accommodation.

We will contact you when we are in a position to offer you accommodation. In general for new students this will NOT be until ALL conditions of your offer to study at this institution have been met.

You should check the Offer and Contracts section of your online account at www.onlineaccommodation.soton.ac.uk regularly to check the status of your application. The details of any offer of accommodation will be shown here. Please note that any offer will be valid for 7 days only from the date the offer is made, and you will need to respond within this period to secure a place.

If you have any queries regarding your application call the Residences Customer Service Team on 023 8059 5959 or email [email protected]. Alternatively, you can visit us at the address below :

Yours sincerely

The Residences Team

Student Services Centre
Building 37
Highfield Road
Southampton
SO17 1BJ

Please note that this is a system generated email. Please do not reply to this email. If you have any questions, please contact the Residences Team at the above location.

Don't worry, you can apply now without firm it ! :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 594
Hey guys just got an unconditional for biomed and waiting back on medicine from them. Just wondering if people have started applying for accommodation already because I know I'm definitely going to southampton :smile: just not the course. :s-smilie:
Definitely looking at glen eyre - any one know what small halls are like?
Reply 595
You should apply for accommodation if you think there's a chance you will go to southampton.
Reply 596
Original post by McJc_1992
Hey guys just got an unconditional for biomed and waiting back on medicine from them. Just wondering if people have started applying for accommodation already because I know I'm definitely going to southampton :smile: just not the course. :s-smilie:
Definitely looking at glen eyre - any one know what small halls are like?

Hey I applied for accommodation a couple of days ago! you get 5 choices, I mostly applied for glen eyre with one wessex lane option! I think the small halls are good too but a bit further away from campus for my liking!
Is anyone going to the Applicant Day on 7th March? My daughter has an offer for Occupational Therapy. Does anyone know if you get to see any of the accommodation at the applicant days, we went to an open day last year and saw Glen Eyre but it would be good to get a look at Wessex Lane if at all possible.

Anyone here firmed OT for September?
Reply 598
Original post by kd19
Hey I applied for accommodation a couple of days ago! you get 5 choices, I mostly applied for glen eyre with one wessex lane option! I think the small halls are good too but a bit further away from campus for my liking!

I had ... 3 choices ... for what course are you applying ? :s
I got three options. Going to the His + Pol open day later and will probably firm once I get home from it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending