The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Bloomin' eck, so many philosophers! I look foreward to these late night drunken conversations, from the looks of things im bound to bump into one of you :biggrin:

Got Southampton as my firm choice for October 2006, to study Chemistry with Ocean and Earth Sciences. Think I may end up actually just goin straight chemistry, but I guess thats not something to worry about right now.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 101
Wahey :biggrin: You have chosen the best university.. Obviously.. Dont listen to the times.
Reply 102
hey im at queen mary in london atm just finishing my first year but really don't like the social life here was thinking bout transfering 2 southampton coz it closer 2 home, what r the history courses like 4 2nd year does anyone know?
Reply 103
I hope these will help you
Course descriptions - http://www.soton.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2006/history.html

History website -
http://www.history.soton.ac.uk/
Reply 104
anyone applied for law m100
hey I've also applied for law at soton

what accommodation have you chosen?
Reply 106
Right. Its catch up time.. only just found this freakin forum.

HELLO.

I'm joining the southampton Posse! "maths and philosophy" eeeee my two favouritest subjects.

Applied for my accomodation, self catered and hope to be in glyn eyre as its way nearer campus from what I hear.

I ready about maths interviews earlier.. reason i was told they don't do them and they do philosophy is because the maths department aren't as popular with applications and so don't need to toothpick like philosophy do.

:smile:
helloo
there are soo many posts on this forum eep
im doing physics in octobr and hope to be in glyn eyre, well at least somewhere with a music room so i play the piano :smile:.... now i just need an A :rolleyes:
Reply 108
I'm doing law M100 in Sep 06. Can't wait... abit nervous though.

Still waiting for news on where I'll be placed, in terms of halls. Don't mind too much as I've heard all the ensuites are decent.... I really want an ensuite!

Does everyone have their accommodation organised?
Reply 109
CLman
I'm doing law M100 in Sep 06. Can't wait... abit nervous though.

Still waiting for news on where I'll be placed, in terms of halls. Don't mind too much as I've heard all the ensuites are decent.... I really want an ensuite!

Does everyone have their accommodation organised?

Well accom offers hopefully will start to be given out straight after the deadline of july 31st for unconditionals. I realised that i'm less likely to be placed on a ground floor room because ive applied for mixed accomodation. There is a law that forbids having girls on first floor rooms where there is no code to get into the building. So unless the complex i get allocated to is secure i will probably have to use the stairs. Not that its a big deal but it's just those small things that add up. Plus i was going to bring a bike but wouldnt want to lug it up ad down stairs each time so i wondered if there will be bike sheds or something?

Wow it's so exciting now that it's only 9 weeks away or so. Im sure an accomodation offers thread will appear by the end of next week as offers start to trickle in.
Reply 110
Ryan750, which course are you starting in Sep?

I was thinking of buying a cheap bike just get back and fourth between halls and the campus. I'm pretty sure they will have some kind of storage space but I'd imagine it would be a monthly or yearly cost -- not alot though.
Reply 111
CLman
Ryan750, which course are you starting in Sep?

I was thinking of buying a cheap bike just get back and fourth between halls and the campus. I'm pretty sure they will have some kind of storage space but I'd imagine it would be a monthly or yearly cost -- not alot though.

Im doing physics with astronomy. You might be right about hiring the storage for the bike. it will be useful to have a bike for reasons you said.
Reply 112
hey.
just rememebered that i used the student room before for IB stuff and it hit me i can pick minds about southampton.
i've got a place doing nursing degree. anyone else doing nursing or know of anyone on the course?
when do we get told what hall/residence we are going to be living in?
muchas gracias.

Latest

Trending

Trending