The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SubZero~
I want to but Dad said it would be too hard to do it. I probably will prove him wrong and just buy the parts and put it together myself if possible.

The parts will only fit one way, if you're using any effort you've cocked up. That's computer building 101 for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to but Dad said it would be too hard to do it. I probably will prove him wrong and just buy the parts and put it together myself if possible.

It's not that difficult. Make sure to order compatible parts (so your motherboard can handle the ram, your PSU is good enough for the graphics card etc. Toms hardware website has good guides) and find them at best prices (order from different places if needed). Find a good guide - Newegg has some cool guide videos, I believe I used this one when building my PC with my dad over 2.5 years ago: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls
It should take you up to 8 hours. Toms Hardware is again a good place to check if you run into any problems or need advice.
Been playing a lot of Binding of Isaac Rebirth, because that's what I always play when I'm sick.
Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven
Just got American Truck Simulator and Plague Inc: Evolved. So far I have managed to wipe out all of humanity in the latter once. :biggrin:

Just as a reccomendation, this site https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/ will be very helpful in finding the correct parts and you could go to a site like Tom's Hardware to get recommendations for a parts list that fits your budget.
I'm playing an indie game called Minion Masters. It's a little different to what I usually play but I'm finding it quite addictive
Original post by ScriptingError
I'm playing an indie game called Minion Masters. It's a little different to what I usually play but I'm finding it quite addictive

The god father five families, it's a facebook game, and i've managed to spend £120 on it in the last week do far. Silly me!
Got Dirt Rally. Best racing game I've played in a long time. No BS arcade'y flashbacks or racing lines. Just a no nonsense rally game.
A friend of mine hinted that he'll be getting me Final Fantasy XV for my birthday, so I'll be playing that :u:
Transformers: Devastation & FIFA 17
Original post by XxMrGamerBoixX
A friend of mine hinted that he'll be getting me Final Fantasy XV for my birthday, so I'll be playing that :u:

Have fun, it is amazing, I've been playing since christmas.
Original post by john2054
The god father five families, it's a facebook game, and i've managed to spend £120 on it in the last week do far. Silly me!

Its not always a cheap hobby haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NotNotBatman
Have fun, it is amazing, I've been playing since christmas.

Original post by ScriptingError
Its not always a cheap hobby haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got loads of great games, i'm in the middle of playing right now to be honest. And i choose to get stuck in with some crummy facebook game, which costs more than any of them?!?
At the moment, Majora's Mask/Ocarina of Time 3D. I want to pick up speedrunning for either/both of them.
Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Definitely not a revolutionary game by any means, but still brilliant fun.
Love a bit of csgo and civ 5
Uncharted 4 - PS4
Heavy Rain. I was really into it and took a break. Now I'm having trouble getting back into it. It has a good plot but can be very mundane at times. The atmosphere is also obviously dreary which kinda brings you down after playing it for hours lol
Civ V - Finally picked it up with all the DLC for £8.99 from the steam store during the winter sale

Latest