The Student Room Group

You know you're a student when...

Scroll to see replies

When you go to your parents' for the weekend and your first thought is "This place is so clean! Amazing!"
Original post by LowRider
Em doesn't everyone do that. Unless you wash then after every time you wear them. Now that would be excessive unless I've been doing it wrong all these years.

Agreed!
You can't clean your flat 'cos someones nicked the hoover...
when you love being independant, but when someone says "let me pay, you are a student you need to save up" you cant deny it and just give a sheepish look...
Em doesn't everyone do that. Unless you wash then after every time you wear them. Now that would be excessive unless I've been doing it wrong all these years.

no- I always wash my underwear and tops after one use, that would be unhygenic otherwise.
Original post by jelly1000
no- I always wash my underwear and tops after one use, that would be unhygenic otherwise.

Underwear ye but tops I would disagree but then I am a guy :tongue:
Unless I've been sweating or something in this climate during the winter it's fine so I wear shirts for a multiple of days before I wash them but then again I'm not in it all day as I get changed once I get home anyway.

To say it's unhygenic I would say is going a bit far each person has their own preference I would barely have no clothes if I washed them after each wear. As long as you don't smell and you feel comfortable it's not really an issue?
Underwear ye but tops I would disagree but then I am a guy :tongue:
Unless I've been sweating or something in this climate during the winter it's fine so I wear shirts for a multiple of days before I wash them but then again I'm not in it all day as I get changed once I get home anyway.

To say it's unhygenic I would say is going a bit far each person has their own preference I would barely have no clothes if I washed them after each wear. As long as you don't smell and you feel comfortable it's not really an issue?

I guess, just at home my Mum would always wash my tops after one wear, and I've kinda come to see that as the norm.

Unless one sweats a lot or generally stinks, washing tops after one day is totally unnecessary. Agree about the underwear though
Original post by velociraptor
Unless one sweats a lot or generally stinks, washing tops after one day is totally unnecessary. Agree about the underwear though

how many times would you wear them before washing then?
how many times would you wear them before washing then?

In winter maybe after 5-10 times for tops. and 20-40 for jumpers and hoodies.
Original post by velociraptor
In winter maybe after 5-10 times for tops. and 20-40 for jumpers and hoodies.

Ah ok, interesting. I don't wash my jumpers that much btw, just my t-shirts/vest tops
Reply 1372
when the best part of your day is when you find a full unopened can of strongbow in a massive pile of empties from the other night of drinking. I thought I had drunk them all :woo:
The day you go shopping, you eat like a king/queen!
...And then it goes downhill every day until the day before your next shop, when you're eating plain pasta and toast if you're lucky.
Reply 1374
When you miss someone doing the cooking and cleaning for you
When you've had one of your five a day and you feel so proud of yourself.
when you've left your dissertation till the last 6 days, (procrastination + depression) but that's probably just me again. goddamit
When your desk is too cluttered and a couch becomes your study desk + dining table.
Reply 1378
Original post by popdrops
When you've had one of your five a day and you feel so proud of yourself.

when you count fruits in cocktails as your five a day :tongue:
Reply 1379
Original post by musabjilani
When your desk is too cluttered and a couch becomes your study desk + dining table.

*bed

Quick Reply

Latest