The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

What is Glasgow Caledonian really like?

Scroll to see replies

I've applied to do International Fashion Branding at Cali, I visited the campus on the open day and really liked the feel of it. My older sister went to Cali and studied Occupational Therapy and really enjoyed it and I also have a few friends studying Optometry. All the people I know who are studying or have studied at Cali seem to really enjoy it.
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 41
Hey, I've also applied for Dietetics & Nutriton at Glasgow Caledonian, Queen Margaret and Robert Gordon. I've heard back form all 3 uni's and been given a conditional for RGU, an unconditional from QMU and an unconditional from GCU. Not sure where I want to go yet! But just wondering if anybody else has heard anything back? :smile:
Hi, I have also applied for Glasgow Caledonian (Business Studies), haven't heard back though yet :frown: I am really impatient, the waiting is horrible :biggrin:
I just got conditional from QMU... I have also applied for Edinburgh Napier but haven't heard back either...
I have been to Caledonian campus and I loved it :smile: it's quite modern and right in the city center
Good luck to all of you with your applications! :wink:
Reply 43
Hi , Glasgow Caledonian's a great uni! Assuming you aren't frm here I'll give you a brief overview of the city. The uni is modern and not as rich in history as Glasgow University, Herriot-Watt etc. I'm from Glasgow myself and can say that you will love it. The city is very lively and Glasgow Caledonian is pretty much right in the city centre. Word of warning, stay in the city centre or to the west end. These are the better places and are full of students. Try not to venture off anywhere else, especially the east, although since you are a student i see no reason for you having to in the first place.

You will love the Scottish people, especially Glasweigans and we have a good sense of humour and are very proud of our history. You will find a big difference between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Edinburgh is much more old fashioned, is smaller and the people are more snobbier. Glasgow is much more working class, although the people are far friendlier IMO. I'm sure you will be aware of the massive football ivalry in the city between Rangers and Celtic, and not many outsiders realise how massive a part of Scottish culture this is.

Anyway, if you come here i really think you will love it. Good luck with your applications and if you have any further questions on Glasgow just let me know.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RFC1872
Hi , Glasgow Caledonian's a great uni! Assuming you aren't frm here I'll give you a brief overview of the city. The uni is modern and not as rich in history as Glasgow University, Herriot-Watt etc. I'm from Glasgow myself and can say that you will love it. The city is very lively and Glasgow Caledonian is pretty much right in the city centre. Word of warning, stay in the city centre or to the west end. These are the better places and are full of students. Try not to venture off anywhere else, especially the east, although since you are a student i see no reason for you having to in the first place.

You will love the Scottish people, especially Glasweigans and we have a good sense of humour and are very proud of our history. You will find a big difference between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Edinburgh is much more old fashioned, is smaller and the people are more snobbier. Glasgow is much more working class, although the people are far friendlier IMO. I'm sure you will be aware of the massive football ivalry in the city between Rangers and Celtic, and not many outsiders realise how massive a part of Scottish culture this is.

Anyway, if you come here i really think you will love it. Good luck with your applications and if you have any further questions on Glasgow just let me know.

thank you :-) now I hope I will get in even more :-D haha... I love Scottish people and the culture :-) it so much fun with you :-) well, but now I'll have to wait for the verdict :-D
Reply 45
Original post by dancer_26
Hey, I've also applied for Dietetics & Nutriton at Glasgow Caledonian, Queen Margaret and Robert Gordon. I've heard back form all 3 uni's and been given a conditional for RGU, an unconditional from QMU and an unconditional from GCU. Not sure where I want to go yet! But just wondering if anybody else has heard anything back? :smile:

Hey! Well done on that :smile: Well got two conditionals fr RGU and conditonal for nutrtion at QMU but not heard a thing fom Cali :O Like what does that mean....I'm scared :'(
Reply 46
Original post by RFC1872

Thanks alot :smile: yeah I visited QMU and didn't like it really at all. It was basically in the middle of no where etc and just didn't really feel a good vibe tbh. Well I haven't heard a thing at all from there which is pretty annoying. I see people on this have at least heard something from them so I'm pretty scared the fact I have nothing :'( This is the place I want to go so I will be contacting them to see why I've got nothing. It's soo stressful. Glasgow is great, I've been plenty of times ahah and I'm aware of the whole 'rivalry' thing with football. Tbh I'm not a huge fan of football so I take generally no interest in it :L Thanks for your comment :smile:
Reply 47
IT sucks!!! I haven't heard a thing from Cali! Should I contact them or what? I'm pretty unpatient person so the fact I know people have had offers etc it's making me pretty nervous and scared as this is where I wanna study at :'( Any advice??
Original post by Scottishgal
IT sucks!!! I haven't heard a thing from Cali! Should I contact them or what? I'm pretty unpatient person so the fact I know people have had offers etc it's making me pretty nervous and scared as this is where I wanna study at :'( Any advice??

I'm still waiting too but I'm not too worried because last year my friend didn't receive an offer until MAY!! I am just trying to be patient but like you I'm unsure of whether to contact them.
Reply 49
Original post by daisiesandfashion
I'm still waiting too but I'm not too worried because last year my friend didn't receive an offer until MAY!! I am just trying to be patient but like you I'm unsure of whether to contact them.

I've contacted them and they replied saying they will most likely reply by the end of march, however they have up until may to make a decision T_T it really sucks because I want to get my student finance over and done with !
Reply 50

Awww man that is a complete and utter joke!!!! MAY?!!! like what the hell. Im sorry but if there was a way to complain about the length of time you wait i really would :frown: Well for our sakes I hope we both hear soon. I have actually just emailed them today ahah.
Reply 51
Original post by racheeeeee
I've contacted them and they replied saying they will most likely reply by the end of march, however they have up until may to make a decision T_T it really sucks because I want to get my student finance over and done with !

Thats sooo anoying :'( I actually just emailed them today ahah. Seriously exams start then!!! Its insane to ive us what grades we need liike days before our bloody exams. Sorry for the ranting im just extremely unpatient and wish to hear back :'(
Reply 52
I'm a final year Accounting student at Cale. For me Cale has been a great uni. As other posts in this thread have said, the facilities within the uni are modern and, in my opinion, the campus has a great atmosphere.

Hope you enjoy your time at Cale!
Original post by Scottishgal

GCU are notorious for late replies.
I heard back finally!!!
Got a conditional for International Fashion Branding and need to get BB!
So happy!
Does anyone know what happens if you slightly don't meet the requirement in your condition? is it lost or is there a chance of still being accepted? for example if you attend the summer school if there is such thing at GCU... just curious :smile:
Original post by badumdumtscht
GCU are notorious for late replies.

btw i got one within a week of sending in my ucas form at the beginning of december. was my last choice though
Original post by jhuntley93
btw i got one within a week of sending in my ucas form at the beginning of december. was my last choice though

It really depends on the school you apply for. Different courses have different requirements e.g. nursing interviews, biorama etc...
Reply 58
Got a conditional offer from Glasgow Cale today for Psychology & Interactive Entertainment :biggrin:
Need a B and C this year :smile:
Reply 59
I heard back finally!!!
Got a conditional for International Fashion Branding and need to get BB!
So happy!

Aww well done:biggrin: Happy for yah!!! I still have heard nothing....called them and they said a you should hear in easter hols or have up to start of May to decide! APARENTLY it's quite normal not to hear anything yet...yeah right!! I'm like feck off hahah. Will let you know once I ever hear anything back lols.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending