The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Briony09110
Stating the obvious there then! I'll try not to be too optimistic and get my hopes up! Is anyone else waiting on LJMU as a first choice?

Know of one person that got a conditional offer off LJM last week. Hopefully this week then as they will have had a few days off for the bank holiday
Reply 2841
Original post by ChannyBee
I would have loved to get into uwe, it's just down the road from me! Although I am excited I now have to drive to Bournemouth every week, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Getting into Bournemouth is equally as good :biggrin:
Are you not able to live in Bournemouth permanently?
Original post by hhh123
Getting into Bournemouth is equally as good :biggrin:
Are you not able to live in Bournemouth permanently?

Oh I know, I'm chuffed to nuts to get a place in Bournemouth! And yes we are going to look into moving, but with two kids, two dogs & a mortgage it's not as easy as a quick move into student accommodation. Still it's something I've been planning for years so I am uber excited :smile:
Reply 2843
Original post by ChannyBee
Oh I know, I'm chuffed to nuts to get a place in Bournemouth! And yes we are going to look into moving, but with two kids, two dogs & a mortgage it's not as easy as a quick move into student accommodation. Still it's something I've been planning for years so I am uber excited :smile:

Waw that's even more exciting for you! :-)

And I thought my move into student accommodation was enough! :P
Just looked at this haven't checked for ages! Everyone seems to be doing great! Fingers crossed still!
Original post by laurajones24
Know of one person that got a conditional offer off LJM last week. Hopefully this week then as they will have had a few days off for the bank holiday

Thats strange! I phoned them this morning and they said they hadn't sent any offers out as yet because their short staffed and they hope that all decisions will be sent out in the next week! Fingers crossed!
Original post by Briony09110
Thats strange! I phoned them this morning and they said they hadn't sent any offers out as yet because their short staffed and they hope that all decisions will be sent out in the next week! Fingers crossed!

OH that's strange then. I read it on the Facebook page so you want to be a paramedic. The person I also spoke to last week said it would be this week and he didn't mention they'd started giving offers- so it's a bit weird.
Reply 2847
Original post by laurajones24

It's soooo frustrating waiting for an answer, I had my interview in January and still heard nothing!!!
:angry:
Original post by graemeb
It's soooo frustrating waiting for an answer, I had my interview in January and still heard nothing!!!

Same here! I've only got LJM and Uclan left so i'm feeling a little desperate! lol, hope they make decisions sooner rather than later because I can't cope with another week of waiting
Original post by graemeb

No news is good news... No point flapping. I did, got myself worked up and sleepless nights, for nothing.
Reply 2850
LJMU said on the phone they had some interviews this week then would start sending out offers. Swansea are hoping to send letters next week.
Reply 2851
Original post by JAS17
LJMU said on the phone they had some interviews this week then would start sending out offers. Swansea are hoping to send letters next week.

When were you speaking to Swansea? Apart from BCU its my only hope! :-/
Just heard I am on the waiting list for St Georges.
Original post by mark_richards
Just heard I am on the waiting list for St Georges.

Same. Looking forward to seeing the ranking and then deciding how likely it actually is I'll get a place.
The thing is, if you're offered a place in August how're you supposed to apply for student finance etc as deadlines will have been and gone?
Reply 2854
Original post by Deedee11
When were you speaking to Swansea? Apart from BCU its my only hope! :-/

Just yesterday, most people are on holiday this week so they will decide when they return next week and let everyone know
Original post by bluelightz
Same. Looking forward to seeing the ranking and then deciding how likely it actually is I'll get a place.
The thing is, if you're offered a place in August how're you supposed to apply for student finance etc as deadlines will have been and gone?

I guess we need to apply for finance now, then if we get a place we have the finance. If we don't get a place then we just don't take the finance??

I guess!

Have you had any offers for anywhere else? I am now on two waiting lists.....and thinking about completing my UCAS form next year!!
I guess we need to apply for finance now, then if we get a place we have the finance. If we don't get a place then we just don't take the finance??

I guess!

Have you had any offers for anywhere else? I am now on two waiting lists.....and thinking about completing my UCAS form next year!!

Unsure if you can do that? Without a place

No no other offers, could be looking at round two aswell! Applied for BCU bit havent bothered sending them an updated application,
Reply 2857
Spoke to Swansea - the admissions tutor was off ill. They will make all decisions week commencing the 16th and will send us a letter shortly after to update us.
Reply 2858
Original post by bluelightz
Unsure if you can do that? Without a place

No no other offers, could be looking at round two aswell! Applied for BCU bit havent bothered sending them an updated application,

You can apply for student finance even if you have not got an offer, the was the finance is activated is through the university itself so no money will be exchanging hands until you actually attended university! If you don't get an offer just cancel your application for finance! Its best to apply now as they always take months for applications to go through!

I guess!

Sorry I accidentally put a dislike to your comment, when it should have been a like!