The Student Room Group

The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Today will be a day full of Drama revision for me ahead of my exam on the 31st :unimpressed:
Original post by Katieh007
have u may exams????

No, they are in mid June :smile:
- Write up notes on 'The marketing mix: promotion and place'
- Write up notes on 'The nature of operations'
- Write up notes on 'Operations planning'
- Write up notes on 'Inventory management'
- Economics past papers one and two
- Biology past papers one and two
- Go over NMR and chromatography
- Chemistry past papers one and two.

Regret leaving business studies revision 'til last. :frown:
First exam in six days! D:
Reply 5583
- Go over group 2
- Go over kinetics
- Go over equilibria

- Go over sedimentary structures
- Go over structure of the earth
- Go over faults/folds

Didn't go into college today and instead of making use of the time spent it catching up on my TV programmes :frown: Regretting it a bit now...
My revision for the Drama DA4 paper is being seriously disrupted by cold callers, and I can't resist trying out my variety of accents and personas on them so I'm hovering near the phone half the time when I should be doing these essays :colone:
Original post by AmyLH
- Go over group 2
- Go over kinetics
- Go over equilibria

- Go over faults/folds

Didn't go into college today and instead of making use of the time spent it catching up on my TV programmes :frown: Regretting it a bit now...

I didn't go in either...last minute revision :/ lessons weren't important...just 'revising' and i'd rather revise at home as it's more effective
I am really panicking now. :'(
Reply 5587
Original post by sharmine
I didn't go in either...last minute revision :/ lessons weren't important...just 'revising' and i'd rather revise at home as it's more effective

Well I wasn't feeling great this morning and I knew all we would be doing is going through past papers, and for 2 out of the 3 lessons I've done them all now so I didn't see the point :redface:
Original post by madders94
Today will be a day full of Drama revision for me ahead of my exam on the 31st :unimpressed:

Are you on Edexcel? :biggrin:
Original post by AmyLH
Well I wasn't feeling great this morning and I knew all we would be doing is going through past papers, and for 2 out of the 3 lessons I've done them all now so I didn't see the point :redface:

Wow. SEND ME SOME MOTIVATION PLEASE!!
Original post by xoJessicaAnn
Are you on Edexcel? :biggrin:

Nah, WJEC unfortunately :emo:
I've been trying some sort of Spanish immersion thing today and yesterday, so I've not been writing in English much at all, and already I keep structuring sentences according to Spanish grammar and speaking to my parents in Spanglish. Very odd.

I'll just carry on talking to myself about the content of my oral exam tomorrow and hope that I'm saying something that's comprehensible. I am starting to feel very, very ill now because of nerves though, especially as I've found out the oral is 35% and not 25% like I thought :cry:

Hope everyone is doing well!
Reply 5592
One exam down, 8 to go.
Done:
- Biology test on "transport in animals"
- Graph transformation questions
- C2 Mock ... think it went quite well! After looking at the mark scheme the only noticeable marks i've dropped are 2 on graph transformations.. but we'll see :smile:
(Yes, even after revising graph transformation before hand I still dropped marks on it :laugh:)

Revision for tonight will involve.. "cells and organism exchange" revision for test tomorrow.

I have THREE biology tests this week :laugh:
The one today, the one tomorrow, and then a Biol2 mock on friday.
Original post by cz100
One exam down, 8 to go.

Hey! How was it? Hope you found it okay! :smile:

Anyway tonight:
- Amend ICT coursework according to teacher feedback
- Scan through pre-release code
- Homework 1
- Go over BUSS1 - January 2009
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
How the hell have I missed this thread all this time :eek: Well I guess it's gonna be another distraction for me!

Urgh trig identities used to do my head in, but after the exam I seem to find them a lot easier which is annoying.

Are you doing many C3 past papers?

I did virtually all of them before my mock in January - and am just doing them again - reliably getting 85-95% again, but really want to nail it as although I prefer C4, a bad C4 paper will drop my UMS greatly, C3 seems slightly more predictable from what I've done so far.

Original post by techno836
okay ... what happened ??......... and i want to do maths, chemistry, biology and physics/english ... what can you tell me on those subjects ... ( yes i want to do medicine :L ) :biggrin:

Aha, not a lot :P 20-odd months down the line we're amazingly loved up, dreading the 200-mile distance from September :redface: But at the time of starting AS it was in that 'spending all our time flirting but not actually doing anything' so he seemed to take up all my time AND was in two of my lessons - so a huge distaction until we actually got together. Now we sit and revise - disgustingly cute to be honest :colondollar:

I did AS Chemistry (OCR Salters) and really hated it, found it difficult. Apparently my GCSE course was the easiest one though, I hadn't learnt half of the things I needed to know to start AS, so was busy catching up. A lot of hard work and help from friends (my teacher was awful) and somehow I got an A. This is from getting literally no marks in my first ISA, and failing all end-of-unit tests (and my mock had I not gone through the teachers desk to find the paper beforehand!).

I haven't done the others - the other half does physics and found the A2 really easy (lost two marks on quality of written communication - tut tut!) To be honest, it actually looks quite interesting. No experience at all with biology.

I'd advise against doing Maths and the 3 sciences - it looks a bit one dimensions. Maybe take maths, two sciences, and an essay type subject (just at AS). Geography AS was ridiculous easy, economics is also good (although much harder concepts to grasp).

Hope that helps - let me know if you want to ask anything else!
Today:

Sparta resit
-Spartan education system
-Recap Kings and ephors quotes
-Women in Sparta notes
-Analysis of at least two sources

Law
-Finish blackmail notes
-Finish typing theft notes

English
-recap context
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ninegrandstudent

Aha, not a lot :P 20-odd months down the line we're amazingly loved up, dreading the 200-mile distance from September :redface: But at the time of starting AS it was in that 'spending all our time flirting but not actually doing anything' so he seemed to take up all my time AND was in two of my lessons - so a huge distaction until we actually got together. Now we sit and revise - disgustingly cute to be honest :colondollar:

I did AS Chemistry (OCR Salters) and really hated it, found it difficult. Apparently my GCSE course was the easiest one though, I hadn't learnt half of the things I needed to know to start AS, so was busy catching up. A lot of hard work and help from friends (my teacher was awful) and somehow I got an A. This is from getting literally no marks in my first ISA, and failing all end-of-unit tests (and my mock had I not gone through the teachers desk to find the paper beforehand!).

I haven't done the others - the other half does physics and found the A2 really easy (lost two marks on quality of written communication - tut tut!) To be honest, it actually looks quite interesting. No experience at all with biology.

I'd advise against doing Maths and the 3 sciences - it looks a bit one dimensions. Maybe take maths, two sciences, and an essay type subject (just at AS). Geography AS was ridiculous easy, economics is also good (although much harder concepts to grasp).

Hope that helps - let me know if you want to ask anything else!

haha i know what you mean im failing spanish GCSE because of this :s-smilie: but ahhwell ill get over it she has boyfriend :s-smilie: ...... i really have to do chemistry for medicine so i dont have choice with that but i think i might do english instead of physics then :-) thankyou :biggrin:<3

what are you wanting to do at uni ??
Reply 5598
- Go over group 2
- Go over kinetics
- Go over equilibria

- Go over faults/folds
Original post by techno836
haha i know what you mean im failing spanish GCSE because of this :s-smilie: but ahhwell ill get over it she has boyfriend :s-smilie: ...... i really have to do chemistry for medicine so i dont have choice with that but i think i might do english instead of physics then :-) thankyou :biggrin:<3

what are you wanting to do at uni ??

Luckily it worked out that we can work pretty well together, so we help each other revise. And I'm sure it'll all work out - sixth forms the best time for relationships in my opinion.

I'm off to do Actuarial Science, hopefully at Kent. Would've loved MORSE at Warwick but I don't have further maths or the time to do STEP.

Quick Reply

Latest