The Student Room Group

Derek Acorah claims Madeleine McCann is dead

Scroll to see replies

TSR posters should stop getting butthurt over what he said, he's right.
Reply 41
Original post by Bellissima
stopped reading at PSYCHIC.... extremely hurtful and harmful liars, the lot of them. this woman needs to stfu... disgusting person. personally view all psychics lower on the respectable scale than slugs.

Even lower then decrepit, salt covered, shrilled, half dead slugs!
Reply 42
Original post by Drunk Punx
Yeah it is :h:
And yet it's still more accurate than anything Derek can pull out of his hat.

"The human pineal gland becomes visible in the developing fetus at seven weeks, or 49 days, after conception. Of great interest to me was finding out that this is nearly exactly the moment in which one can clearly see the first indication of male or female gender.
Before this time, the sex of the fetus in indeterminate, or unknown. Thus, the pineal gland and the most important differentiation of humanity, male and female gender, appear at the same time...
...I already knew that the Tibetan Buddhist Book Of The Dead teaches that it takes 49 days for the soul of the recently dead to 'reincarnate'. That is, 7 weeks from the time of death of one person elapses until the life-force's 'rebirth' into its next body...
...It takes 49 days from conception for the first signs of the human pineal to appear. 49 days is also when the fetus differentiates into male or female gender.
Thus the soul's rebirth, the pineal, and the sexual organs all require 49 days before they manifest."
He then makes a reference about how the above isn't entirely dissimilar to the old herbal doctrine of signatures "which suggested that a herb's properties depended upon how it looked. If a plant looked like a heart, it must be good for heart disease.
What I'm proposing is a 'doctrine of elapsed time'. If Buddhist texts and human embryology reveal that different developments require 49 days, the events must be related. This association is perhaps logically shaky, but also intuitively appealing."

It's a lot more scientific than "she'll be reincarnated soon. My spidey-senses tell me so".

That's about as scientific as saying 'I am a bear because the speed of light is 3x10^8 m/s" (rounded).
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Nydous
That's about as scientific as saying 'I am a bear because the speed of light is 3x10^8 m/s" (rounded).

I give up.

"logically shaky" is quite possibly the key phrase there. He's not saying that that's how it is, he's merely offering a conclusion drawn from observation.

It's still more scientific than a ****ing "psychic", no matter how you look at it.
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
TSR posters should stop getting butthurt over what he said, he's right.

Yeah but he shouldn't claim his imaginary powers led him to this conclusion.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Yeah but he shouldn't claim his imaginary powers led him to this conclusion.

True, but he's not wrong.

I don't want this to be taken in the wrong way, but I find it questionable why our government is sanctioning further research into this case when there are thousands of other more recently missing people. It's time for everyone to just accept that she is dead.
True, but he's not wrong.

I don't want this to be taken in the wrong way, but I find it questionable why our government is sanctioning further research into this case when there are thousands of other more recently missing people. It's time for everyone to just accept that she is dead.

You have no idea whether he's right or wrong, unless you know something the McCanns, the press, the British and Portugese police and others don't know.
She could be alive but living as someone else's child, she could be a sex slave, or she could be dead, we just don't know. And for someone like Acorah to come along and arrogantly claim he knows based on these so called powers of his is complete nonsense.
The crazy thing is really when you think about it, is this guy just made this up on the spot and just blurted it out.
Reply 48
He's been exposed as a fraud already. Why is he still going on?
Original post by thunder_chunky
You have no idea whether he's right or wrong, unless you know something the McCanns, the press, the British and Portugese police and others don't know.
She could be alive but living as someone else's child, she could be a sex slave, or she could be dead, we just don't know. And for someone like Acorah to come along and arrogantly claim he knows based on these so called powers of his is complete nonsense.

I don't know any better than anyone else, but the chances of her being alive now are miniscule.
I don't know any better than anyone else, but the chances of her being alive now are miniscule.

Maybe, but the point is that by saying he knows and by doing so based on his so called poweres, Derek Acorah is not only lying but arrogantly decieving people. Which is wrong. The guy and his so called powers are a joke.
Original post by Bellissima
OH derek... i thought i said Deborah

:laugh: BRILLIANT!
Science-ISH. God I wish people on this forum could ****ing read :colonhash:

It was a Doctor that wrote that, by the way. I'm sure that if he felt it was useless then he wouldn't have bothered writing it down.

He applied a variation of the "old herbal doctrine" that's mentioned to create his own doctrine concerning this subject.

Base science is about observation and then drawing conclusions from the observations post-testing. How can you test something like this? You can't. So you ponder instead. And that was the result of said pondering.

I don't suppose you have a better idea of how these events might be linked? (It might be worth mentioning that Descartes saw the pineal as "the seat of the soul". So no, it's not 'just numbers', it's also got some blokes opinion thrown into the mix [yes, I know who Descartes is. I'm being facetious] :yy: ).

Sorry, no such thing. Either you follow scientific method or you don't- simple. It's be fine to have a HYPOTHESIS saying the two are linked, but then he'd have to put it to the test, and I'm pretty sure there's no actual way of doing that, empirically speaking...
Right then, he can ask her what happened and where she it! Crime = solved!
Original post by Pawsies
He's been exposed as a fraud already. Why is he still going on?

What do you mean exposed as a fraud it's either that or mentally ill same with every other "medium" and their like they don't need to be exposed as a fraud they all are.
Reply 55
Derek Acorah feeds off the vulnerable and foolish. He should be put down.

"The human pineal gland becomes visible in the developing fetus at seven weeks, or 49 days, after conception. Yes, that's scientific.

Of great interest to me was finding out that this is nearly exactly the moment in which one can clearly see the first indication of male or female gender. Yes, that's scientific.

Before this time, the sex of the fetus in indeterminate, or unknown. Yes, that's scientific.

Thus, the pineal gland and the most important differentiation of humanity, male and female gender, appear at the same time...That's opinion, not science. Why should gender be the 'most important differentiation of humanity'? Why isn't it eye color, skin color, hair color, blood type, etc. Anyway, it's besides the point...

...It takes 49 days from conception for the first signs of the human pineal to appear. Yes, that's scientific.

49 days is also when the fetus differentiates into male or female gender. Yes that's scientific

Thus the soul's rebirth, the pineal, and the sexual organs all require 49 days before they manifest." 'The soul's rebirth requires 49 days to manifest'. Oh really? How is that anything to do with the human pineal gland emerging or the differentiation between male and female? There is no scientific evidence provided for a soul.

It's a lot more scientific than "she'll be reincarnated soon. My spidey-senses tell me so". No, it actually isn't. It was fairly scientific until he threw in the notion of a soul. Just because he mentioned the pineal gland and it's emergence enabling us to differentiate between male and female doesn't make it any more scientific because:
1) Having a gender is no indication of having a soul.
2) He doesn't explain how the emergence of a pineal gland (and therefore a gender) is indicative of a soul. Growing a body part does not show the emergence of soul. Why didn't the soul emerge when my blood type was 'created' or when my eye color was 'created' or even when my little toe grew?

Basically he uses science as his foundation and then just throws in the notion of a soul on top of the science without showing how, scientifically, the soul emerges from those foundations. Hence it is just as much bull**** as saying ''my spidey senses tell me she'll be re-incarnated soon".
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by somethingbeautiful
x

The book is fascinating, I suggest you read it.
It's called "DMT: The Spirit Molecule".
The book is fascinating, I suggest you read it.
It's called "DMT: The Spirit Molecule".

Well unicorns are fascinating too, but there's no truth in them.
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Well unicorns are fascinating too, but there's no truth in them.

Just as well the book's not written about unicorns then, really :h:
Do yourself one better. Obtain some DMT. Take it. Report back with your findings.

As much as I love dealing in facts, science can't explain everything, not yet anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending