The Student Room Group

UCAS Offer!

Hi Guys!

So I've applied for University, and I've had my offers etc etc. One of my offers (insurance) says

Conditions
This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points
from at least 2 GCE A levels or AVCEs
including
30 - of these points already gained

I understand 280 UCAS points is the equivalent to BBC.
However, I really don't understand the '30 - of these points already gained'

does this mean I need 250 UCAS points as I already have them 30? Or does the offer include the 30 already gained?

Probably a really stupid, simple question that I'm over thinking etc. But I know most of you guys have already been through the dreaded UCAS!
Original post by Conorgs
Hi Guys!

So I've applied for University, and I've had my offers etc etc. One of my offers (insurance) says

Conditions
This offer is subject to you obtaining
A minimum of 280 UCAS Tariff points
from at least 2 GCE A levels or AVCEs
including
30 - of these points already gained

I understand 280 UCAS points is the equivalent to BBC.
However, I really don't understand the '30 - of these points already gained'

does this mean I need 250 UCAS points as I already have them 30? Or does the offer include the 30 already gained?

Probably a really stupid, simple question that I'm over thinking etc. But I know most of you guys have already been through the dreaded UCAS!

Is that the offer wording in full? It doesn't seem like a complete sentence.

It would be helpful here if you said what qualifications you plan to achieve by August 2012 and what qualifications you already have (eg: AS levels, key skills etc) as then we can work it out from there.

From how I read that it means that your 280 points includes the 30 you already have (did you get a D grade in the AS you dropped?) so therefore you need to get 250 points from at least 2 A levels. So you need to get at least an E grade in 2 A levels (so 40x2 = 80 points) then the remaining 170 can come from anything else. However, I need you to give more information to help you fully.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending