The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I did Henry VIII, found the question Henry wanting a heir pretty hard as the sources didn't particularly say anything supporting the question
Reply 181
Anybody do Britain and Ireland? I think I may have messed up but we shall see! I am sure things will be fine.
Original post by Message
Anybody do Britain and Ireland? I think I may have messed up but we shall see! I am sure things will be fine.

yeah i did! feelings aremutual! which part b question did you do? also how did you answer part a?
Original post by Message

I feel exactly the same! Yeah, hope we've done well! And there's a low grade boundary...:smile:What did you put for part a? And what qs did you choose, and what did you put for part b? :redface:
Original post by Saima12345
I feel exactly the same! Yeah, hope we've done well! And there's a low grade boundary...:smile:What did you put for part a? And what qs did you choose, and what did you put for part b? :redface:

which question did you do for part b? i did the tenants one but i regret it as i wish i did the third home rule one :frown:
How did people find the Changing Role Of Women paper?
I chose the question about the war in part B and start going off at a tangent, so I don't think I've done very well tbh!
Original post by pink pineapple
I did Henry VIII, found the question Henry wanting a heir pretty hard as the sources didn't particularly say anything supporting the question

agreed! what do you reckon the grade boundaries will be like?
Reply 187
Original post by harrietgowarr
I chose the question about the war in part B and start going off at a tangent, so I don't think I've done very well tbh!

I chose the war question too. I thought the paper was a bit harsh, but the sources were easy enough to interpret. What did you write about that made you feel you were going off on a tangent? Did you agree? I did.
Original post by I'll.Be.Back

I did the Wolsey question and the sources were awful!!

I really hope the grade boundaries will be low... my whole class found it really hard :confused:
Original post by I'll.Be.Back

I'm not sure, hopefully fairly low after the B question.
Reply 190
Original post by sortedguy
yeah i did! feelings aremutual! which part b question did you do? also how did you answer part a?

Hi!

I did the tenantry question for part B.

As for part A - I am not sure if I answered the question properly! I think I may have accidently talekd about how the people in the sources were reacting to the Anglo Irish treaty.... We shall see though!

How about yourself?
Original post by Message
Hi!

I did the tenantry question for part B.

As for part A - I am not sure if I answered the question properly! I think I may have accidently talekd about how the people in the sources were reacting to the Anglo Irish treaty.... We shall see though!

How about yourself?

same, i did the tenantry one however, after a while i ran outof thingsto say :/ and for part A i basically said 1 and 3 are similar and 2 is different lol
Reply 192

Hey why do you think you went on a tangent. I disagreed and said it got them out of the house, out of separte spheres. Gave some details.
To disagree, the guardianship of infant act and MWMA act kept them at home. Etc
Did anyone else do British political stuff and Chartism?
the 20 marker was awesome, wrote like 3 pages for it, but then only wrote about 2 and a half for the 40. Nearly got an A in unit 1 so hopefully if I get 18/20 minimum and then a B in the 40 i can get an A overall :}
Original post by MirrorPixie
I did the Wolsey question and the sources were awful!!

I really hope the grade boundaries will be low... my whole class found it really hard :confused:

I thought the questions were quite good! I only really revised the break with rome topic and dissolution of the monasteries, so thought it was ideal. Although the heir question had quite bland sources, i managed to get some counter-argument from them and used other reasons such as royal supremacy, cromwell's political/financial influence and his marriage to Anne Boleyn. Hope you've all done well!
Original post by sortedguy
which question did you do for part b? i did the tenants one but i regret it as i wish i did the third home rule one :frown:

For part B I did the Home Rule Asquith one. Glad I didn't do the land one, even though the Irish course is pretty much obsessed with it! Just wished I'd done a plan at the beginning, as I ended up talking about the wrong time period in some of it:frown: And hope technique was for A and B was ok too :s-smilie:

i chose the married womens weakness question, to be honest i knew the content but just didnt have the skill so i doubt ill be getting an A :frown:
I know I had done terribly but if I can blitz the coursework and do well in the re-sit in January, hopefully I can radically improve.
Original post by Lfctv
Hey why do you think you went on a tangent. I disagreed and said it got them out of the house, out of separte spheres. Gave some details.
To disagree, the guardianship of infant act and MWMA act kept them at home. Etc

I did almost the exact same thing! I disagreed too about the war question and said it challenged the philosophy of the angel of the house, seperate spheres, the fact that it was so significant for the time because it led to the 1918 Representation of the People Act and this was significant because governments had been denying it for years and led to the Equal Franchise Act. Also, said that the 3rd historian was so negative about the impact of the war because he was looking at it from a modern perspective.
So how did everyone do, I got an B in Russia and a D in tudors, tbh i expected the D though, hardly revised Tudors xD

Latest

Trending

Trending