The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Biology - B7 and Ideas in Context

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got the actuall pre-release... because ive lost mine? :/ if you could scan it or PDF of something... i would love you forever :wink:
Original post by Azzy G
8. Looking at maps, the harlequin ladybird was most mainly found in the SE England in 2004.

a) From this, where does it seem most likely to have come from?
b) By what means could it travel?
c) How would you compare the rate of invasion between 2003-2006?

9. How can biodiversity be reduced by introducing more species into a habitat/area/ecosystem?

10. Without a license, animals and plants may not be taken from one country to another and so it is regulated. What sort of species can be carried without anyone being aware of it, and in what form?
11. In what ways can invasive species cause £12 billoin worth of damage?

a) What is Biological control of species?
b) Give two examples of a species controlled by their natural predators.

13. What non-biological methods are often used to control:

a) Insects
b) Weeds/plants

This is incorrect. Cites animals are required to have papers with them however non cites species are free to cross any borders. some countries however may have banned them so you must check local laws before importation.
Reply 202
Original post by Mason4city
Has anyone got the actuall pre-release... because ive lost mine? :/ if you could scan it or PDF of something... i would love you forever :wink:

Here its on this link:

http://pdf.ocr.org.uk/download/prm/ocr_65106_prm_gcse_u223_rb.pdf?

Your welcome :biggrin:
cheers... you are a god!
Reply 204
Original post by Johnny_H
Can anybody answer these 2 questions, any help will be appreciated!

1.) Describe the role of the physiotherapist in treatment of skeletal-muscular injury.

2.) Describe a set of exercises to treat one such injury.

Physio Therapists help rehabilitate the patient from a particular injury, and/or speed up there recovery time, specifically a sporting injury such as a torn ligament.

And doing an exercise starting off with a small weight, and gradually increasing the weight, followed by an intake in protein. You can repair small damaged fibres in muscle tissue ... I cant really elaborate too much on that question, i dont think it will come up, it seems like something i would get in my PE exam not Biology :smile:
I was looking through the specification and there was a bit I didn't understand:
There is often more than one way to achieve an agreed target (enhanced fitness, cure, recovery, rehabilitation)
I don't get why this is the case. Can someone please help me out? :frown:
Original post by yugiohtheawesome
I was looking through the specification and there was a bit I didn't understand:
There is often more than one way to achieve an agreed target (enhanced fitness, cure, recovery, rehabilitation)
I don't get why this is the case. Can someone please help me out? :frown:

Enhanced fitness - improve the fitness of a client eg to someone this might mean improving their flexibility and to somebody else it could mean being able to run faster. It means different things to different people.
Cure - Repair of damaged tissue eg a sprained ligament or mending a broken bone
Rehabilitation/Recovery - Bring the patient back to the same level of fitness or function after an injury or illness. For example a training programme that progressively builds up their strength and flexibility.
Did that help?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by baffledchick
Enhanced fitness - improve the fitness of a client eg to someone this might mean improving their flexibility and to somebody else it could mean being able to run faster. It means different thibgs to different people.
Cure - Repair of damaged tissue eg a sprained ligament or mending a broken bone
Rehabilitation/Recovery - Bring the patient back to the same level of fitness or function after an injury or illness. For example a training programme that progressively builds up their strength and flexibility.
Did that help?

Thank you! I get it now :biggrin:
Guys lets quiz each other. Anyone ask questions?
And do you think that we need to concentrate on Circulatory system and the bones and stuff.

We havent been asked much on it in past examz. so do you guys think that we should learn it?
Original post by PackOfThieves
I think the physics one went so well omG it was better than the chemistry one by far but I think Biology will be the toughest one yet. I just remember coming out of the exam so pleased :') but will be a kick in da butt if I actually did bad when I thought it went well :frown:

isnt it!! I always manage to come out of exams proud of myself but i always manage to get a C :frown:
Yeah Bio will defo be the hardest one to come , c
Original post by Freddy-Francis
And do you think that we need to concentrate on Circulatory system and the bones and stuff.

We havent been asked much on it in past examz. so do you guys think that we should learn it?

I reckon just learn it anyway, there's no harm :smile:
Original post by Skittle123
I reckon just learn it anyway, there's no harm :smile:

I skiped bones bit xD
Let me start then.
What are the three different blood vessels. Give me the functions of each and there shape structure? (For 8 Marks)
I skiped bones bit xD

Yeahhh thats boring
I think the thing to do with Parasitism and symbiosis will come up though, so maybe revise that??
Original post by Skittle123
Yeahhh thats boring
I think the thing to do with Parasitism and symbiosis will come up though, so maybe revise that??

I learned all those bits by heart.
Reply 216
Original post by baffledchick
Thanks, and I know lol. Are you only using the CGP revision guide?

I'm using the Letts and Lonsdale Biology Essentials. It has everything you need to know in bullet points and i just memorise that but if Ifeel like it doesn't go into too much detail which I would need for the exam, I refer to the CGP book for example about fitness and treatment :smile:

I also do past papers :smile:
Original post by ShehaniJ
I'm using the Letts and Lonsdale Biology Essentials. It has everything you need to know in bullet points and i just memorise that but if Ifeel like it doesn't go into too much detail which I would need for the exam, I refer to the CGP book for example about fitness and treatment :smile:

Let me test you?
Reply 218
Let me test you?

I would but i'm going to get off and do philosophy revision :frown:
Original post by ShehaniJ

Thank God, you are a life saver. Considering I started revising today I thought I would have to read the whole of the OCR textbook. So you don't refer to that textbook at all?
Past papers really help :smile:
Good luck btw!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending