The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln student village accommodation

I am (hopefully) going to be studying at Lincoln this Sep, but haven't had a chance to look around the university/accomodation properly. Can anyone give me a brief idea of what the typical rooms are like in the Student Village Accommodation I.E
- Big/small rooms?
- Single/double beds?
- Kitchens?
- Noisy/quiet?

Thank youuu... :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by tintinlottie
I am (hopefully) going to be studying at Lincoln this Sep, but haven't had a chance to look around the university/accomodation properly. Can anyone give me a brief idea of what the typical rooms are like in the Student Village Accommodation I.E
- Big/small rooms?
- Single/double beds?
- Kitchens?
- Noisy/quiet?

when I went to look around, I had a look in one of the apartments, they are pretty basic but have everything you need like a cooker and fridge. You can either go en-suite or not, but the rooms are pretty small but adequate for what you need, i didn't get a good enough idea of whether it was quiet or noisy, but in my opinion they weren't to bad, the reason they would be good for me is that they provide you with the social aspect straight away. hope that helps, but i suppose a person who studies there already would be more ideal.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Ahh right nice one, thanks. I wasn't expecting anything amazing, from what i have seen on pictures/heard they seem ok. Yeah thats the main reason i like the look of the Student Village because, it will be full of first years aswell. Dont suppose you noticed weather they had single or double beds? What course you doing?
Reply 3
Ahh right nice one, thanks. I wasn't expecting anything amazing, from what i have seen on pictures/heard they seem ok. Yeah thats the main reason i like the look of the Student Village because, it will be full of first years aswell. Dont suppose you noticed weather they had single or double beds? What course you doing?

When I went to the applicant day, they had single beds in the room
Reply 4
oh bugger was hoping they'd be double, ah well. thank you anywayy :smile:
Reply 5

yeh they were nothing special, single beds, but they are adequate.
i'm doing television and film, wbu ?

Yeah sorry, they're only single. The only double bed accomodation is Pavillions and Junxions.
Reply 7
Single beds, uhhh, all the stuffs youd need, fridge/freezer, shower, wardobe, desk, chair, t'isnt a 5 star hotel or anything but it does the job, if you need anything answering just quote me/add fb or somethin'
Reply 8
I will be going to the Open Day on Wednesday so if i take any photos of accomodation campus etc i will probly create a thread here and upload them
Original post by dave12435
I will be going to the Open Day on Wednesday so if i take any photos of accomodation campus etc i will probly create a thread here and upload them

please do, that would be great as the photos on the uni website are very small :smile:
Reply 10
- Big/small rooms?
- Single/double beds?
- Kitchens?
- Noisy/quiet?

I'm a current first year going into second next year.

From other uni rooms I have seen I would say big /average for non-ensuite and small/average for ensuite. Though if your in one of the newer courts and your lucky and your on the corner you can get a massive room. Seriously i's at least twice of mine and I'm not ensuite

Single beds

Kitchens are decent enough if your in a 6 bedroom flat it's one fridge freezer between you and one cooker (could do with more fridge and freezer space) but if your in a 8 person one it's two of both. The size of the kitchen and cupboard space is fine. Though just make sure you get there early to claim a cupboard or you will end up with the damn smallest one like me :frown:

Noise is something that really depends where you are like some of my friends flats are quiet enough though mine wasn't because I had a flat mate who would blast out death metal all the time. The only thing I can say about noise is if your unlucky enough to have either the train track or (like me) the canal outside your window you will have to put up with trains and canal boats going past your window every now and then. But if you close your window you can't hear them at all
Has any one applied or currently in Park Court Accommodation, it's the closest to my campus and was just wondering what its like :smile: thankss.

Quick Reply

Latest