The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Teddy
Well done for the 695 haha:smile: i reckon you'll be alright but just make sure you got a back up choice if you see what i mean.

Got any reccomendations for me? Its hard to find a integrated/systems based course that doesn't have such a high ukcat score cut-off. :frown:

Leeds? That's another of my choices :biggrin:
Reply 81
Are sheffield ok with AS module resits??
Reply 82
Original post by medimike
Are sheffield ok with AS module resits??

Think they're fine with any resits as long as they're done within the two years of A-Level study. I took around 6 resits (3 AS, 3A2) last year and they never mentioned it :smile:
Reply 83
Just wondering, does anyone know if Sheffield's 2011 entry offer AAB include an A in chemistry or could you get a B in chemistry? Thanks
Reply 84
Original post by Aysha92
Just wondering, does anyone know if Sheffield's 2011 entry offer AAB include an A in chemistry or could you get a B in chemistry? Thanks

Hey its an A in chemistry :P ... and I'm really not sure they are still doing AAB offers, are they? :s

:biggrin: .. good luck
Reply 85
Original post by lbavfc
Think they're fine with any resits as long as they're done within the two years of A-Level study. I took around 6 resits (3 AS, 3A2) last year and they never mentioned it :smile:

Cool cheers, did you declare them on UCAS??
Reply 86
Original post by Godin_D
Hey its an A in chemistry :P ... and I'm really not sure they are still doing AAB offers, are they? :s

:biggrin: .. good luck

Thanks, no the offers this year are now AAA :smile:
I'm applying to sheffield :biggrin:
UKCAT - 770 average
GCSEs - 10A*s, 1A, 2Bs
My personal statement is alright I think, spent a lot of time worrying about it, but hopefully it's good...maybe I'm just being over-critical :P
Unfortunately my tutor is not known for writing good references :/
Reply 88
Cool cheers, did you declare them on UCAS??

Erm no, I just put what AS grades I had at the end of Year 12 :smile:
Reply 89
Great cheers :smile:
Reply 90
Pretty certain that Sheffield no longer give AAB offers but rather AAA.

www.entermedicalschool.com/uk
Reply 91
Original post by Moonkin
Pretty certain that Sheffield no longer give AAB offers but rather AAA.

www.entermedicalschool.com/uk

Yeahh, I didn't think there was anywhere left that still gave AAB offers....
GCSE- 9A*s, 1 A
Alevel results - A*A*A*A
Work experience- plenty of long term voluntary work and about 2 weeks at a hospital/GP
UKCAT score - 710 (VR let me down)

on their website it says the UKCAT cut-off i predicted to be in the 700 region so ... what do you guys think of me applying there?
Reply 93
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
GCSE- 9A*s, 1 A
Alevel results - A*A*A*A
Work experience- plenty of long term voluntary work and about 2 weeks at a hospital/GP

on their website it says the UKCAT cut-off i predicted to be in the 700 region so ... what do you guys think of me applying there?

You should be fine mate, as has been said the average will almost certainly go down, they expect slightly below 700 to be the cut off :smile:
Reply 94
GCSE- 9A*s, 1 A
Alevel results - A*A*A*A

I personally think it would still be a risk - they don't know what the cutoff will be, because even though they are predicted 700 from the website, they won't know until November. I guess it depends how risky you want to be.

You should be fine mate, as has been said the average will almost certainly go down, they expect slightly below 700 to be the cut off :smile:

Is it slightly below now?

Also, anyone know if Sheffield send acknowledgement emails/letters?
Reply 95
Original post by twelve
I personally think it would still be a risk - they don't know what the cutoff will be, because even though they are predicted 700 from the website, they won't know until November. I guess it depends how risky you want to be.

Is it slightly below now?

Also, anyone know if Sheffield send acknowledgement emails/letters?

They'll send out an email if you receive an interview offer, then after you have confirmed your time & date, they'll send out a big interview info package. :smile:

Other than that, you'll receive very few emails from Sheffield unless there is something missing in your application.

did they say that at an Open Day or sth? cause I've tried asking them about it and they're only giving vague answers about the cut-off :frown:
Reply 97
did they say that at an Open Day or sth? cause I've tried asking them about it and they're only giving vague answers about the cut-off :frown:

Aye, thats basically what they said to me concerning UKCAT cut off when i asked on open day :smile:
Aye, thats basically what they said to me concerning UKCAT cut off when i asked on open day :smile:

that's such a relief! thanks so much :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by Vulpes
They'll send out an email if you receive an interview offer, then after you have confirmed your time & date, they'll send out a big interview info package. :smile:

Other than that, you'll receive very few emails from Sheffield unless there is something missing in your application.

Haha, funny you should say that... got up this morning to find an email from Sheffield saying that they have received my application, and it has been forwarded for academic consideration. Although there is something odd - it says 'Choice number: 3' anyone got any idea what that means?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending