The Student Room Group

Bank of England initial entry scheme

Has anyone applied for and heard back from the Bank of England initial entry scheme for this year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied for this about a month ago, have not heard anything back yet but the deadline for applications ends soon so hope to hear back.
Reply 2
deadline was at 5 today, i applied on 15th jan. hopefully we'll hear back soon!
I applied and have got through to the next stage, I'm going to be going down next monday to do the tests. Pretty nervous and could have done with more notice!
Reply 4
i just heard back this morning. im going next tuesday for the tests. yep could have had more notice and been told what to look at to help with the testing!
Reply 5
Yeah got through to next round only received email today, going on Monday to do the tests. Suppose the best thing to do is practice SHL tests?
Original post by WA124
Yeah got through to next round only received email today, going on Monday to do the tests. Suppose the best thing to do is practice SHL tests?

Good luck for Monday, I'll be there too!

I'm just going to brush up on my numeracy and literacy skills, nothing too hardcore.

Does anyone have any idea how many people got through to the test stage?
Reply 7
Original post by makeasplash
Good luck for Monday, I'll be there too!

I'm just going to brush up on my numeracy and literacy skills, nothing too hardcore.

Does anyone have any idea how many people got through to the test stage?

You too! what time did you book tests for ?
You know if we have to bring anything with us or what dress code is ?(guessing its business dress)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by WA124
You too! what time did you book tests for ?
You know if we have to bring anything with us or what dress code is ?(guessing its business dress)

1530, decided it would mean I wouldn't have to leave Newcastle too early! Are you travelling far?

I'm going to take a pencil case with pen, pencil, rubber, calculator and a notebook (I expect the tests will be on a computer though). Even though it's not an interview I'm going to be in my smartest clothes!
Reply 9
yeah you need to dress business like so suits and ties and all that. ill be there on monday 1530 too so see you then!
i think the tests will be quite simple - checking for spelling and grammar mistakes, adding up numbers and checking for errors for the spelling and grammar and numerical awareness. not sure about decision making thought. probably give you a scenario and you have to choose the best option? find out monday i guess!

any of you know how we can prepare?
Reply 10
My friend got into BOE Initial Entry Scheme and just did test yesterday. Seems I didnt get reply so I didnt get it in.

He said the test was really easy and he didnt even need to revise or study for it. This is comming from a guy who has C's for his GCSE's. The test he said had three papers.
This what he said about the test guys:
First one is English - It focuses on spelling the right word and as for grammer you have structure the sentence correct. He said this was elementary stuff.

Second one is Numeracy - basic maths, adding and subtracting, long diving and long multiplication. Also number sequences, finding the pattern. Even a five year old could do it apparently.:wink:

Third is Critical Reasoning - Really easy he said, all you just do is connect what goes with what.:smile:

The test is an hour and three test = 3x20mins each.

My friend wont tell me questions that come up, but he said exactly what I wrote above.
Well guys there you go inside information lol. Dont worry about test and good luck.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Jamie111
My friend got into BOE Initial Entry Scheme and just did test yesterday. Seems I didnt get reply so I didnt get it in.

He said the test was really easy and he didnt even need to revise or study for it. This is comming from a guy who has C's for his GCSE's. The test he said had three papers.
First one is English - It focuses on spelling the right word and as for grammer you have structure the sentence correct. He said this was elementary stuff.

Second one is Numeracy - basic maths, adding and subtracting, long diving and long multiplication. Also number sequences, finding the pattern. Even a five year old could do it apparently.:wink:

Third is Critical Reasoning - Really easy he said, all you just do is connect what goes with what.:smile:

My friend wont tell me questions that come up, but he said exactly what I wrote above.
Well guys there you go inside information lol. Dont worry about test and good luck.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for the information! Did he say what equipment was needed and whether it is a written test or on a computer?
Reply 12
Original post by jsm92
i just heard back this morning. im going next tuesday for the tests. yep could have had more notice and been told what to look at to help with the testing!

I'm going on Tuesday too! What time is your appointment?
Reply 13
my tests are at 1530 on tuesday :smile: where are you coming from?
Reply 14
Original post by jsm92
my tests are at 1530 on tuesday :smile: where are you coming from?

Mine is at 13.30 on Tuesday! Coming from Leicester, how about yourself?
Reply 15
Original post by Jamie111

Hi you said he got in to . So hes already been told that hes got on to it?
Reply 16
im not coming from far, only south east london - about 40 minutes away from the bank!

and yes same question, Jamie111 has your mate already been told hes been accepted onto the scheme?
Reply 17
Yup he was told he did really well in test. So they called him and told him if there would be any problem.

I think you dont need anything equip or stationery. Let me know how you guys do. Its real shame I didnt get in. Still waiting for reply. Maybe I should I call them?

How did others find the test?
I thought there was going to be a group selection day after these tests and then an interview before actually getting accepted on the scheme. I'm getting pretty nervous now. Leaving to get my train in half an hour!
Reply 19
They haven't yet accepted anyone on scheme as far as I know. My friend got through to next stage. Depending on how well you do (on the test), they will ask you whether to come for a group day and interview.
Makeasplash how did your test go?

Quick Reply