The Student Room Group

2016 IGCSE Chemistry Paper 2 Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rcmack
theyll give you the mark for brown precipitate, but ignore the red, so you should get the mark!

aa thank you!
Reply 281
Original post by Emma654321
I didn't mention solution atall just put colour, and like you said colour is key word. So maybe lose one mark?

If they were to give you any marks it would be two. But in mark schemes it says usually that you need to mention precipitate or some kind of alternative.
For the Iron (2) and iron (3) question I put the colour of the precipitate bt not the word precipitate. Will I still get the mark?

Gonna be annoying if we don't get the 2 marks for that question...
Reply 283
What mark do you think is good to get in this paper?

depends on your personal aims and ability!
I did the same thing!! I hope we get the marks. Benefit of the doubt?

Who knows? Probably not, though I hope so! The mark scheme will probably say: green precipitate...

Eh well. Maybe ECF? Or does that only apply for calculations?
Original post by rcmack
depends on your personal aims and ability!

If you want an A*
If you want an A*

I knkw it depends on other paper, bt just looking at this paper, would what would be good mark
Reply 287
I knkw it depends on other paper, bt just looking at this paper, would what would be good mark

I would say if you were aiming for an A*, and you did decently in the last paper, a good mark to get would be anything above 40 :biggrin:
Hey guys i found this exam easy I think anyways you know the one where you had to write down the equation for incomplete combustion i put CO+C+H20+CO2 is that right obviously i balanced it. also on the last question i got 66000cm3 its wrong i know but would i get at least one mark for stating that moles=volume*24000 or nah. TY TO THE PERSON WHO MADE THIS MARKSCHEME X
i think i got 50 and above out of 60 after reading the mark scheme
u have to agree this year's paper was pretty easy, in regard the other years.

(btw anyone doing physics paper 2)
Original post by hood sniper

I am doing physics. With regards to chemistry the average boundary is 121 for an A and max was 128 so I don't sew the boundaries being over 130 for A and 150 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 292
Original post by hood sniper

hopefully physics wont be too hard :biggrin:
On the dot and cross diagram question I only put the charges and not the transferred electrons. Out of 3 how many marks would I get?
Original post by Oreatex
On the dot and cross diagram question I only put the charges and not the transferred electrons. Out of 3 how many marks would I get?

2?
Does anyone have a physics unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by daisie
Does anyone have a physics unofficial mark scheme?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4171300&page=4&p=65887724#post65887724

this is the one
Original post by aaljhfgahsj
Do you think they'll accept orange in place of red, the question wasn't that clear

I put orange and I think its better, because red represents acid not neutral
Reply 298
Original post by Ali1999
I put orange and I think its better, because red represents acid not neutral

Yeah I put that too, and so did everyone else from my school who I talked to. In fact, even yellow would be a more appropriate answer than red in that instance.
What do you think an A will be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending