The Student Room Group

KINGS vs WARWICK HELP

Hey guys!

Basically Ive grinded it down to 2 uni's. Kings and Warwick. And I am really really stuck on which one to pick.

Im doing international Politics, So what matters to me is Reputation of Uni and of course: Nightlife, accommodation, sports etc!

Any help would be awesome. Let me know your opinions.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Warwick
Reply 2
Original post by Jedbrien
Warwick

Reasons?
Original post by nimanim
Hey guys!

Basically Ive grinded it down to 2 uni's. Kings and Warwick. And I am really really stuck on which one to pick.

Im doing international Politics, So what matters to me is Reputation of Uni and of course: Nightlife, accommodation, sports etc!

Thanks!

Reputation: Depends on what career you're interested in, but Warwick is probably better regarded in the city. I could be wrong, but from my work exp in the city, King's seems to be seen as inferior to (LSE, UCL and Imperial)

Accomdation: Warwick. King's is located in the heart of london, accomodation isn't on campus, prices are skyhigh.

Nightlife: King's- only if you have deep pockets.

Sports: Warwick, has tons of sporting facilites on campus, whilst King's will mean that you have to travel miles to get to play sport.

Course: Warwick imo.. the international Politics course at King's doesn't seem that popular really.
Reply 4
Warwick and Kings have very different feels when you're there, go and visit each one and see which you think you'd be happiest at. The best way I can summarise it is that at Warwick you will know fewer people but will be closer to them than if you were at kings, where you would have lots of acquantances but fewer close friends.
Reply 5
Original post by nimanim
Hey guys!

Thanks!

I've also got offers from these two for the same sort of courses. From what I've heard, Kings has got the best social scene of the big London unis. Warwick is simply a campus uni (with its own nightclub if I remember..). For reputation, Warwick is especially good for social sciences but internationally it seems it has less prestige than King's. If money is an issue, then living in London would be problematic. Warwick is good for sports. But as it's international politics maybe being in London is more interesting.. embassies, houses of parliament, LSE lectures etc..

Hope some of this helps..
Original post by Tsunami2011
Reputation: Depends on what career you're interested in, but Warwick is probably better regarded in the city. I could be wrong, but from my work exp in the city, King's seems to be seen as inferior to (LSE, UCL and Imperial)

Accomdation: Warwick. King's is located in the heart of london, accomodation isn't on campus, prices are skyhigh.

Nightlife: King's- only if you have deep pockets.

Sports: Warwick, has tons of sporting facilites on campus, whilst King's will mean that you have to travel miles to get to play sport.

Course: Warwick imo.. the international Politics course at King's doesn't seem that popular really.

That's not true. There are expensive places, obviously, but there are loads of cheap places as well. Also, there are a crap load of sports societies at Kings, so I doubt you'd have to travel miles to get to play sport haha. Everything else you've said is prolly spot on though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending