The Student Room Group

Revsing at night

i really cant work in the day - too much distractions.
so ive decided to revise from 8-12/1ish
is this a wise decision ?
Original post by goldstander212
i really cant work in the day - too much distractions.
so ive decided to revise from 8-12/1ish
is this a wise decision ?

Whatever suits you. Although I know a lot of people work better in the morning because their mind is fresher from a nights sleep.
Reply 2
depends how well you concentrate at night. If you're falling asleep I wouldn't recommend it- you're hardly going to be productive. But if you find that you can get most done at night then it's probably best, but don't sacrafice your sleep!
It's fine! Whenever you've got time/feel best placed. If you choose to go into the professions, you'll have to revise at night later on because you'll normally be working for a firm via a training contract; law, accountancy, insurance etc. So in some respects, it's good to get used to revising at night :tongue:
Reply 4
Yea, sometimes i find it good to revise at night. I sit with my duvet and look over books/make notes and it's actually nice.

I've heard that facts "sink in" when you look at them just before you sleep. I don't know whether that's an old wive's tale though! I suppose it means there are no distractions later in the "day" to make you forget?!

Personally i'd only revise though, wouldn't do a page of maths sums as i think i'd be too "relaxed" for them.
Original post by burgerrr
Yea, sometimes i find it good to revise at night. I sit with my duvet and look over books/make notes and it's actually nice.

I've heard that facts "sink in" when you look at them just before you sleep. I don't know whether that's an old wive's tale though! I suppose it means there are no distractions later in the "day" to make you forget?!

Personally i'd only revise though, wouldn't do a page of maths sums as i think i'd be too "relaxed" for them.

The 'sink in' thing sounds like rubbish to me. It just comes down to how you prefer to work. If you're a morning person etc.

I agree with you about doing maths in the day. Subjects where the revision is quite intensive like maths/physics/chemistry etc. requires you to be awake and have a lot of concentration. But if you're reading through a textbook or a book for english it's fine to do it at night.
Yeah, it's fine :smile: Whenever you think suits you best. I do really early mornings and it seems to work well so you'll be fine. Whatever floats your boat really.
Reply 7
Urn it all depends on how you revise. Personally I think that's too late but so long as you have breaks, sure. I dont know about the whole, around 12ish thing though. That's late, and it's a time you need sleep.

Quick Reply

Latest